Thai Police begins firing tear gas at Phan Fah Lilat Bridge

webfact

For all the posters who are trying to relate police action to that of 2010, a quick question.

Does the police force act independently or does it take its orders from the government, caretaker or not, at the time?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we look back to 2007-8 when Thaksins minions last used violence against protestors,

it was PAD outside Parliament attacked by Border Police rather than Bangkok police,

and Somchai and his crew scurrying over the back fence to escape.

But the end product was an even harder entrenchment of the protesters

and the shorter life of the Somchai government.

While this is not PAD any more, acronyms are meaningless,

it is still strong, growing and heartfelt opposition to Thaksins's puppet government,

and we can see the same general position of 'backs to the wall' with this government and Somchai's.

Not coincidentally the brother in law of the current Shin Clan control face; Yingluck.

How little they remember their own history, when the liege lord demands his way shall happen.

RT @W7VOA: Royal Thai Police say one of their officers has been killed by a gunshot to the head in #Bangkok clash.

Revenge?

If it is, the protesters has achieve their objective.

Now wasn't it Abhisit who said the protesters did not have weapons? Was he lying or just not up to date on what really going on.

This gentle protesters obviously has ammunition ...

But Abhisit (and all the irrational farangs supporting Suthep on here)(and some courts) will certainly say that... "On this particular picture, there is no proof supporting the fact that this despicable individual owns any gun matching this particular type of ammunition, and so, is to be considered a peaceful member of the Bangkok middle class only trying to share his opinion about the current problems of his beloved country"...

Obviously, and luckily, the very vast majority of the people have no difficulty in seeing the truth about these yellow criminals and their insane masters >_>

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just what you imply with that photo could be shells the police are using. It is totally biased.

As for weapons the protesters had or didnt have? You are forgetful in that all the protest sites had Armed security.

And since you are not there and it isnt possible you saw the smoking barrell of the gun then it would be impossible to say right now who fired first.

It could have been either side and it seems both sides are claiming the other guy started shooting. They probably dont know themselves.

Chalerm has said he would do this peacefully and invited the world to watch.

Why out of all this time and after many many clashes does he do this now. Better yet! Why now when he invites the world to watch would the PDRC show everyone they are violent non peaceful protesters. Something is amiss here dont you think?

Im no lover for any side but i am a realist. Chalerm could have set this all up. He could and is nasty enough to do this. From actions and words previously out of his mouth.

Also of all days the courts would decide to end the SOE.Nice tactics to stop that. You decide but the more i do the math the more it shoes chalerm benefitting this violence. So the more reasons to think he set it up to happen. Win win situation for violence to erupt and shooting there for Chalerm. Lose all hope and face for the protesters for this violence to happen.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The teargas was fired after the police were attacked. Yes, assailants who were initially protestors were injured. The reporters you allude to, at least the reporters who are not employed by pseudo news organizations aligned with the PDRC are reporting that the PDRC supporters initiated the violence. You may wish to check the unbiased news feeds before you engage in more revision.

Which unbiased news feeds are you referring to? The BBC website reports that the police fired teargas first and then people amongst the protesters opened fire. Reuters quotes National Security Council Chief Paradorn Pattanathabutr as stating that the police had no teargas with them and were armed only with batons, and therefore the teargas must have come from the protesters. Images on television clearly show police firing at protesters. So what source of information do you trust?

• Like 2

If we look back to 2007-8 when Thaksins minions last used violence against protestors,

it was PAD outside Parliament attacked by Border Police rather than Bangkok police,

and appointed PM Somchai and his crew scurrying over the back fence to escape.

it is still strong, growing and heartfelt opposition to Thaksins's puppet government,

and we can see the same general position of 'backs to the wall' with this government and Somchai's.

Not coincidentally the brother in law of the current Shin Clan control face; Yingluck.

How little they remember their own history, when the liege lord demands his way shall happen.

curious your use of the word growing?

are you telling us there are more protesters on the streets today than, last week? last Month of the 6 million man march last year.

for you to say growing, means there must be more here now.

usual coblers from people who should know better and post as if they do.

growing

For all the posters who are trying to relate police action to that of 2010, a quick question.

Does the police force act independently or does it take its orders from the government, caretaker or not, at the time?

That's a rather silly question. Everyone knows that the police force take their orders from Dubai.

Edited by Mackie

1. The police must kill the protesters that fire weapons at them, they are justified in shooting back with live Ammo.

2. Once they arrest these 'protesters' most of whom are PAID to protest, and most of whom are armed with weapons, they must keep them in detention so they don't come back and cause more mayham.

Based on 2010, the authorities aren't justified in using guns regardless of what the protesters are using.

Every hear of friendly fire?? Many Americans know it well.

This poor police officer won't be walking straight for some time.

He is a victim of a bomb thrown by the protesters...

More and more crimes committed by the yellows are exposed... ph34r.png

terrible, the poor guy just doing his job. I am glad the yellow shirts have remained peaceful and have never resorted to as much as an angry word.

" At Chaengwattana site, the police moved in with teargas firing, protesters sat down and prayed with no resistance. At Pan Fah bridge, police form the Second Region Provincial Police were seen firing at protesters with shotguns. Many protesters were injured and several ambulances were seen moving into the area to take the injured to hospitals. "

This ugly, ugly administration is now showing it and Thakin's true colours. Protesters that were sitting and praying have had canisters of tear-gas thrown at them, and other protesters have been shot at by police, as reporters are now witnessing.

Chalerm was obviously very upset yesterday. He was humiliated. What we are seeing now is the true face of Chalerm in action - pitting Thai people against Thai people. He is a coward, and a bully. And he has perpetrated a great sin today. These images are being broadcast all around the world. They are not subject to the Yingluck administration's spin. They show a savage, savage administration, that has over-reached in their response alarmingly. The army is watching, and one's guess is that they will not be able to tolerate this much longer. This administration is out of control, and is at war with its own people.

Are you getting a head start at the revisionist version already? The "shotguns" you describe were in fact the teargas delivery systems. The teargas was fired after the police were attacked. Yes, assailants who were initially protestors were injured. The reporters you allude to, at least the reporters who are not employed by pseudo news organizations aligned with the PDRC are reporting that the PDRC supporters initiated the violence. You may wish to check the unbiased news feeds before you engage in more revision.

Which unbiased news feeds would they be? Please tell us all.

The police came with military guns, M16 and a other I only know from shooter games.....

That isn't riot control gear...that are war weapons.

When you go back to Germany, what are the police carrying at the airport and on the street? Automatic weapons, correct?

Have you been through Hong Kong or Singapore airport? What would you call those submachine guns? Yes, some police officers may be carrying some powerful weapons. This doesn't mean they are using them. Some of the special response personnel are equipped appropriately in the event that they are required. There are no police officers deployed in the front lines using M-16s. Are you watching the TV news feeds now ? The ladies of Channel 9 were providing some detailed narrative that you may wish to listen to.

I have head a similar discussion with you when talking about 2010. But then it was me saying what you said and you saying what h90 said.

More and more crimes committed by the yellows are exposed... :ph34r:

But it is nice that he is receiving first aid by the protesters.

Seriously, he looks like a protester who became the victim of one of those Chinese frag grenades with teargas attachment.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Now wasn't it Abhisit who said the protesters did not have weapons? Was he lying or just not up to date on what really going on.

This gentle protesters obviously has ammunition ...

But Abhisit (and all the irrational farangs supporting Suthep on here)(and some courts) will certainly say that... "On this particular picture, there is no proof supporting the fact that this despicable individual owns any gun matching this particular type of ammunition, and so, is to be considered a peaceful member of the Bangkok middle class only trying to share his opinion about the current problems of his beloved country"...

Obviously, and luckily, the very vast majority of the people have no difficulty in seeing the truth about these yellow criminals and their insane masters >_>

Have you ever thought that could be a protester showing used shot gun cartridges that have been used against the protestors.. I know GK said they didn't. But maybe they did.. no?

I hope that the violence stops. Thailand does not need it again.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sure :lol:

I even thought that it could be some especially designed "salt, pepper and chili cartridges", to be used, together with their silly but harmless little whistle, at their daily free BBQ...

But, taking everything into account, as well as looking again at all the pictures of seized weapons at the protest sites, I finally decided not to believe that either

:rolleyes:

Is that a policeman? I'm just wondering why there are no police around him.

If the protestors are peacefull then there would be no need for uniforms and riot gear so I would say the injured guy is a cop and so is the one kneeling beside him. Then again you may be right and they are protestors who have come dressed for a <deleted> fight.

and appointed PM Somchai and his crew scurrying over the back fence to escape.

curious your use of the word growing?

are you telling us there are more protesters on the streets today than, last week? last Month of the 6 million man march last year.

for you to say growing, means there must be more here now.

usual coblers from people who should know better and post as if they do.

growing

Curious use of the 'discredit an observation by discrediting the observer' method.

If we look at history this has always made support GROW for the protestors not the government.

So pick your preferred word of denigration as you see fit, but you still can't change public human nature,

as it exists in Thailand in this generation.

Edited by animatic

If the protestors are peacefull then there would be no need for uniforms and riot gear so I would say the injured guy is a cop and so is the one kneeling beside him. Then again you may be right and they are protestors who have come dressed for a <deleted> fight.

Yeah and we all know that the police officers all wear wristbands with the Thai flag. Is it that difficult to take off red tinted glasses for a while and look at the picture objectively? The fact remains the same, the police started firing live ammunition at protesters first. They incited violence.

The injured is a police officer.

It has been reported by the police already.

Another disturbing picture is this picture of protesters apparently dressing up like riot police...

But the trick is revealed because the fake police have the wrong shoes :lol:

post-12654-13927053643119_thumb.jpg

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

Very, very sad scenes again on Bangkok battered streets.

A sad but unfortunately predictable outcome when:

Two intransigent sides refuse to speak, co-operate, and work together as intelligent humans to overcome their differences;

Each side seeks total victory and domination over the other, as opposed to reconciliation and development;

The leaders of each side are as myopic and dysfunctional as each other.

Thailand you deserve better, your people deserve better.

Not strictly true.

One side has offered talks, the other has declined.

One side offered an election, the other not only declined but also ensured the people could not vote.

One side based on past experiences believes the offered 'Talks' will be said with forked tongue and not in good faith.

When one side is trying to take total control and supremacy over the other, it is not logical they will mildly roll over and acquiesce.

Megalomaniacs do not negotiate, they rule over others absolutely.

But it takes a strong force to stare down a crazy one and make it blink.

But that doesn't mean it is equally crazy, just more determined not to be trampled in the end.

But try not to confuse tactics in a single set of skirmishes, and strategy for over the whole course of events.

Edited by animatic

I've found the source of the photos (might be useful to provide that next time Gerry!), and it does appear to be a policeman. https://www.facebook.com/team.policespokesmen/photos_stream

reports coming in that 1 officer dead from headshot

Bangkok, Thailand (CNN) -- A Bangkok police officer was killed after he was shot in the head during clashes between protesters and police Tuesday, said Lt. Gen. Paradon Patthanathabut, the national security chief.

Twenty five people, both police and protesters, have been injured in the clashes.

After police fired tear gas in an attempt to disperse the crowds of demonstrators, people among the protesters began firing guns at police.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/17/world/asia/thailand-protests/index.html

" At Chaengwattana site, the police moved in with teargas firing, protesters sat down and prayed with no resistance. At Pan Fah bridge, police form the Second Region Provincial Police were seen firing at protesters with shotguns. Many protesters were injured and several ambulances were seen moving into the area to take the injured to hospitals. "

This ugly, ugly administration is now showing it and Thakin's true colours. Protesters that were sitting and praying have had canisters of tear-gas thrown at them, and other protesters have been shot at by police, as reporters are now witnessing.

Chalerm was obviously very upset yesterday. He was humiliated. What we are seeing now is the true face of Chalerm in action - pitting Thai people against Thai people. He is a coward, and a bully. And he has perpetrated a great sin today. These images are being broadcast all around the world. They are not subject to the Yingluck administration's spin. They show a savage, savage administration, that has over-reached in their response alarmingly. The army is watching, and one's guess is that they will not be able to tolerate this much longer. This administration is out of control, and is at war with its own people.

Really, this is completely over the top. These protesters have been treated with kid gloves from day one ( maybe that was a mistake by the govt as it seems to have given Suthep the impression that he can get away with anything). These staged photo ops reminiscent of Tianmen are nothing more than that: STAGED .Every international media source has seen them for what they are and none has run with the pics.

The REALITY is that these people should have been moved along weeks ago. People on this forum shrieked and screamed in horror about water cannon...and "chemical weapons".

The time for decisive action is here. Those with brains have left the protests already. Some paid thugs and others with a penchant for violence are left. No amount of PR spin can turn this into a 'poor protesters' story. It won't wash.

Just your opinion, which your entitled to, others see all of this very differently.

Big picture you seem to be saying that people have no right to protest. That's dictatorship and perhaps that's ultimately what you would prefer.

1. The police must kill the protesters that fire weapons at them, they are justified in shooting back with live Ammo.

2. Once they arrest these 'protesters' most of whom are PAID to protest, and most of whom are armed with weapons, they must keep them in detention so they don't come back and cause more mayham.

Based on 2010, the authorities aren't justified in using guns regardless of what the protesters are using.

You can't get your head out of your 2010, wake up this is 2014, those unarmed protesters just killed a policeman and wounded others!

It is a policeman they were fired on by protesters when they went up to take over the site they retreated under live gun fire and explosions to regroup! One policeman dead,

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 1

The crowds, which indeed had dwindled to a few thousand, will mushroom after this. I'll bet a virtual army from the south comes to town in the next few days. If met with a northern militia, I'll put my money on the southerners. Stupid move by the government today to put life back into what was a flagging protest. A move of desperation, of course, because the legal framework for PTP's departure is a sure thing. Essentially YL and PTP kicked over the table, rather than lose gracefully, and now there will be murder and mayhem to show for it all.

They must do it now...beside that the fortune teller told Thaksin.

The emergency law might be canceled by the court tomorrow, so either clear the protesters today, or at least have some shooting to have a reason for the emergency law.

The election will be invalid and the caretaker government will expire...so if they don't do anything Thaksin will loose. Whatever crazy thing they do will make their chances only better.

So from the point of view of a crazy corrupt wannabe dictator it is the right thing to crack down hard on the protesters now.

Even if the army steps in and oust Yingluck, it is better for Thaksin. Than he can portray himself again as democratic leader who got ousted by an coup. That sounds better than ousted by the courts because of an undemocratic election.

• Like 2

So according to CHANELL NEWSASIA a total of 44 people were hurt. The police spokesperson said one police officer is dead and four are injured which leaves us with 39 injured protesters.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/clashes-arrests-as-thai/1001626.html

Thai policeman was shot dead as security forces clashed with opposition protesters during an operation to reclaim besieged government buildings in Bangkok on Tuesday, resulting in dozens of injuries and arrests.

thailand-protests.jpg Anti-government protesters attempt to hold back riot police trying to retake a protest site in Bangkok, Thailand. (AP/Wally Santana)
Anti-government protesters mix

BANGKOK: A Thai policeman was shot dead as security forces clashed with opposition protesters during an operation to reclaim besieged government buildings in Bangkok on Tuesday, resulting in dozens of injuries and arrests.

The sound of gunfire and explosions shook an area of the city's historic district just a short walk away from major tourist attractions, after riot police armed with batons, shields and helmets moved to clear rally sites.

"One policeman was shot dead and four injured," Police Lieutenant General Prawut Thavornsiri told AFP, adding that one of the casualties was seriously injured by shrapnel from a blast.

A total of 44 people were hurt, according to the city's Erawan emergency medical centre.

Demonstrators rejected a police demand to leave the area around Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's offices within one hour, a day after they poured buckets of cement onto a sandbag wall in front of a gate to the compound.

"The government cannot work here anymore," said a spokesman for the anti-government movement, Akanat Promphan.

"The arrests don't affect us. The will of the people is still strong. The government is trapped. It has no way forward."

About 100 opposition demonstrators were arrested at a different rally site at an energy ministry complex in the capital on charges of violating a state of emergency, National Security Council chief Paradorn Pattanatabut told AFP.

Yeah and we all know that the police officers all wear wristbands with the Thai flag. Is it that difficult to take off red tinted glasses for a while and look at the picture objectively? The fact remains the same, the police started firing live ammunition at protesters first. They incited violence.

So you are certain that it is a protestor and not a police officer fair enough I will take your word for it.

As for my red tinted glasses where in my comment did I take a red side. I said, by the way the guy is dressed I believed he was a cop but I also said that it may be a protestor who has come dressed for a fight. So if you think that is me wearing red glasses then you must be totally blinkered by yellow.