NACC's hasty move in rice scandal a sop to opposition: PM Yingluck

webfact

The NACC charges against caretaker PM is illegal and unconstitutional. Its investigation not transparent for it involved peoples in conflict of interests. It did not give due justice process to the accused. The statements NACC made to the public during investigation were prejudicial and sub judice. It is politically motivated.

Why is it " illegal and unconstitutional "?

The justice part comes now. It's up to Yingluck and the others to refute the evidence.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Reasons in my post.

There are no reasons there? Saying it's illegal isn't a reason as to why it's illegal.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The NACC charges against caretaker PM is illegal and unconstitutional. Its investigation not transparent for it involved peoples in conflict of interests. It did not give due justice process to the accused. The statements NACC made to the public during investigation were prejudicial and sub judice. It is politically motivated.

Why is it " illegal and unconstitutional "?

The justice part comes now. It's up to Yingluck and the others to refute the evidence.

Reasons in my post.

Demonize the courts all you like. Either way yinglucks still guilty and the scheme is blatantly corrupt.

Also your only parroting yinglucks excuses too. Yesterday you had no idea why the courts were wrong.

post-140765-0-20275600-1392947832_thumb.

Edited by djjamie

What is illegal about the charges?

What is unconstitutional about the charges?

What are the conflicts of interest?

Why were the statements prejudicial?

What due justice process is required BEFORE there are any charges?

She is a politician. The case involves government policy. Of course you're going to use the excuse of "politically motivated".

I had made my comments on the issuing of the charges and will leave it as that to the parties involved. Discussion on it is considered sub judice.

Her statements are true. She does not administer the policies! This is all just politics.

Repeat it a few hundred times and others believe it too...And nobody can tell me, where the one billion US$ came from for Taksin in Oktober 2013, who said himself to FORBES, it came from Thai officials. Shes guilty, guilty, guilty, and nothing can change this. Tell me where all the money is!

Edited by spirit47
  • Like 1

"Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday hit back at the anti-graft agency, accusing it of rushing a decision to charge her with dereliction of duty in connection with the rice-pledging scheme."

Well Ms. Yingluck, guess what many people think of the many swift investigations, arrests and charges against anyone opposing you, made by your good friend at the DSI - Mr. Tarit. I think even your own supporters will agree that Mr. Tarit is working quite alot faster than usual! biggrin.png

She is a politician. The case involves government policy. Of course you're going to use the excuse of "politically motivated".

I had made my comments on the issuing of the charges and will leave it as that to the parties involved. Discussion on it is considered sub judice.

What a load of crap and a cop out. You've simply no idea what you're talking about. The case isn't under trial or before the courts. It is still being investigated.

It is legal and constitutional, otherwise they would not be able to do it. If the charges are bogus then they will be thrown out and the PM will be cleared, and due justice will have been done.

Personally I don't like her chances of surviving the rice scheme. If she's lucky she will only stripped of office, but I would not be surprised if she is indicted and earns a jail term too. Not that she will ever serve it, of course. Jail is for peasants.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Her statements are true. She does not administer the policies! This is all just politics.

"Thaksin Thinks, Phua Thai Acts" - but not in any way that can be construed as "administering" or implementing or operationalizing those those thoughts once in government and once Prime Minister. Come to think of it, I didn't acually ever do anything at all. Bring me the heads of the deputy permanent secretaries of Agriculture and Commerce- for sure they made the mess! What, they're ours? Ok, bring me their subordinates, they did it. They messed it up. Probably coup inclined facists anyway.

Boggles the mind. The centrepiece policy of the government. The heart of their good hearted and strong minded attempt to redistribute wealth to where it is most needed. The Chairperson of the Rice Policy Committee overseeing the implementation of the policy. And........she isn't responsible for any of it. That's close to a two handed wank.

"so my work at the policy level doesn't have the authority to operate, order or overrule the work of government official in anyway"

Huh??? &lt;deleted&gt; lady you're the Prime minister. Basically, she is making the policy, and how it comes out isn't her responsibility? cheesy.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Nonsense. Running behind a presumed law of sub judice to avoid backing up your statements. Considered sub judice by you but not the law digger. The circus has left town and the dogs are pissing on your swag.

'"I wish to prove once again that the scheme will definitely be beneficial to farmers...'

​It would have been beneficial if it had been planned out properly from the start and payment monies were ready before they were due rather than months later. It would have been beneficial if it was possible to sell the rice at the price it was bought for. It would have been beneficial if someone who understood economics had planned it.

As it stands it's a criminally inept piece of economic stupidity.

"More important, if there were indeed true justice without any hidden agenda..."

According to the Electoral majority, there is none with respect to this NACC, plus the CC.

To say otherwise, is being blind to their historical record of politicized, one-sided decisions or simply parrotting PAD-Dem agenda.

Or at least that is what the UDD/RS's are telling me, and they make up the bulk of the electoral majority.

Given this NACC thing happening now in such a hurried fashion, and the inability of the anti-democratic coup mongers to achieve their goals, one is hard put to not connect the two and come up with a different conclusion than the Prime Minister. Unless of course, one is a PAD-Dem sympathizer.

That said, I note the headline speaks of a "rice scandal", when other's refer to it as an "Agricultural subsidy Program"....What is a scandal to some is a supportive program to others....Depending on which side of the political divide one comes from I guess....Have there been price support programs for rubber in the past, that were characterized as scandals?.....Just wondering.

Unfortunately these divergent views are not being hashed out in Parliament at the moment....Then voters could make up their own mind. For that reason, it will be interesting to see how the voters viewed this thing, when the current election is completed and tabulated.

True this is rather hurried, and the timing really dictate the true meaning of the charges as you said. To be honest, they should have done this last year, when the smell of rotting rice is beginning to waft across the country

But to call this rice buying program anything but a scandal is laughable, heck is it even a support program.

To be a support program, I imagine that the farmers would be getting something out of it, and by the look of things they aren't. I won't even class this as a subsidy program.

The money should have been from selling the rice bought from the farmers (at ridiculously high price), not begging the public for help. Even now, there are supposedly millions of tonnes of rice in warehouses sitting there, rotting away.

Price too low to sell? Well they weren't that high in the first place.

Price support for rubber farming? I though that was cleared up well before it became a problem.

"a cabinet member in the last government was charged with many counts of corruption, including some related to that government's rice insurance scheme. However, there had been no judicial development in that particular case, while it had taken only 21 days to investigate and bring charges against her."

This does raise a question of bias and legitimacy in the NAAC. From what "evidence" that NAAC has made public against Yingluck, most seems to have been supplied by the PDRC and former military leaders who participated in the military coup with no independent (aka lack of conflict) third party collaboration. If Yingluck is honestly guilty - that's justice. But a rush by NAAC to give the appearance of predetermining her guilt by whatever motivations and influences through an abrogation of due process of law does not bode well for Thailand's judicial system, its people, the Constitution, nor for democracy as a whole. And Thailand will become further isolated from the international community.

• Like 1

"More important, if there were indeed true justice without any hidden agenda..."

According to the Electoral majority, there is none with respect to this NACC, plus the CC.

To say otherwise, is being blind to their historical record of politicized, one-sided decisions or simply parrotting PAD-Dem agenda.

Or at least that is what the UDD/RS's are telling me, and they make up the bulk of the electoral majority.

Given this NACC thing happening now in such a hurried fashion, and the inability of the anti-democratic coup mongers to achieve their goals, one is hard put to not connect the two and come up with a different conclusion than the Prime Minister. Unless of course, one is a PAD-Dem sympathizer.

That said, I note the headline speaks of a "rice scandal", when other's refer to it as an "Agricultural subsidy Program"....What is a scandal to some is a supportive program to others....Depending on which side of the political divide one comes from I guess....Have there been price support programs for rubber in the past, that were characterized as scandals?.....Just wondering.

Unfortunately these divergent views are not being hashed out in Parliament at the moment....Then voters could make up their own mind. For that reason, it will be interesting to see how the voters viewed this thing, when the current election is completed and tabulated.

"Agricultural subsidy Program" - is that what you believe it is?

Most countries with agricultural subsidies don't seem to need to burn down their own warehouses. Why was the rice hoarded for so long instead of immediately being sold? Who was capable of benefiting from that decision?

Why don't we have any official figures about how much rice has been sold, how much is in storage, and the quality of the rice in each location?

Why weren't the farmers paid six months ago? Why have farmers in certain political areas of the country been paid in full, while farmers in other areas have not been paid at all?

You think this is a normal, efficiently-run "agricultural subsidy program", do you?

• Like 1

What a load of crap and a cop out. You've simply no idea what you're talking about. The case isn't under trial or before the courts. It is still being investigated.

All he is doing is parroting what yingluck said in her press release. No real understanding of the underlying context though.

maybe as PM she will share on facebook where the guts of almost 1 trillion baht has gone

It's almost beyond belief that after almost 3 years she still doesn't understand what the roll of PM means, I wonder if she's figured out why her brother has been on such a long holiday

you have to laugh or you would cry at her sh*t. Tarit can do a ptp appointed investigation in a few days and lay charges but thats ok because its what the ptp want but something that has been under investigation for some time(more than 21 days) is no good. Here we have a pm that refuses to do her job, never sits in on parliamentary sessions, refuses to attend meetings and looks like she has run into a brick wall(at least in the pic above). This woman is a joke, she is her brothers puppet but is simply too silly to even realize it, she actually thinks she knows things, hahahahahahaha, poor bugger.

"a cabinet member in the last government was charged with many counts of corruption, including some related to that government's rice insurance scheme. However, there had been no judicial development in that particular case, while it had taken only 21 days to investigate and bring charges against her."

This does raise a question of bias and legitimacy in the NAAC. From what "evidence" that NAAC has made public against Yingluck, most seems to have been supplied by the PDRC and former military leaders who participated in the military coup with no independent (aka lack of conflict) third party collaboration. If Yingluck is honestly guilty - that's justice. But a rush by NAAC to give the appearance of predetermining her guilt by whatever motivations and influences through an abrogation of due process of law does not bode well for Thailand's judicial system, its people, the Constitution, nor for democracy as a whole. And Thailand will become further isolated from the international community.

So OK to charge a Democrat MP but NOT OK to charge Yingluck!

It would be interesting to see the case she references.

Also maybe that case hasn't gone far due to Yingluck's government cutting the NAAC budget in half!

How has this policy been beneficial to the farmers as many have killed themselves over this. And more over, 1.4 Million farmers have essentially been defrauded by this government. The money didn't reach the farmers like it said it would and the govt. need to take responsibility for it and be accountable.

An attempt was made to bring this to light last year by the democrats, but the government refused to honestly review it. But now, this is irrefutable that the policy is riddled with irregularities. 130Billion baht into the hole and the policy over budget by 260 Billion. And there are other expenses to be made as well. So the total bill can come up to be close to 1 Trillion Baht. And the policy was sold as sound at 500Billion baht budget cap. Which was way too high already. They need to sell the rice and that is the bottom line.

YS only defense is this. Last ditch effort to garner some sympathy from her supports. Maybe her followers can help her out by contributing to her pet project, the rice policy.

when the evidence isnt in plain sight it can take years but when you are such a dumb ar$e that you leave it all in the open for everyone to see/document it is much easier. YL is not capable of understanding this fact and simply went with the flow leaving all and sundry there for all to acknowledge and she is now paying the price for it, could happen to a nicer person.

Since the farmers have been owed this money now for 7 months and the majority of what had been paid went to the north it is clear this was used as a political tool for the PTP. What i cant understand is the relevance of her submitting a petitiob 2 weeks ago to get rid of some proffesor? Was he supposed to be her escapegoat??

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No not scapegoat. Simply a rouse to buy more time. Changing the lead investigator would mean a delay as the replacement would need time to get up to speed etc.

It's the same tactic she used in reverse with the Ombudsman and his questions on the illegal issuing of her brother's new passport. She kept changing people and saying she needed more time to answer because the person needed to get familiar with the facts etc. Until she got bored and now simply completely ignores the question, knowing bugger all will happen.

Same tactic here. Deny any guilt, responsibility and accountability whilst trying to stall for time. Hoping something will happen to make the problem go away. A very Thai way of dealing with things.

I bet good old Tarit is beavering away trying to get some dirt on the NACC members to suddenly announce at a press conference, Failing that the rs goons will be round to see them.

All a very familiar MO.

She has no clue about what she says. Simply delivers the script like any good actress.

She has no idea about how long the NACC have been investigating, and cannot remember any previous comments from them or anybody else. She may have read some previous scripts, but it won't have stuck in her memory, Not important,

Yet, she is arrogant enough to state what society will make of this. Of course, she has no idea but the script writers always try to include a nice bit of spin.

Get her up North where the pics can show the masses "adoring" their darling, just like they adore her bother. All for the princely sum of a few hundred baht.

Bugger the poor farmers - much to busy to even meet them face to face once. Much easier to lie on TV and Facebook.