Futball

willski52

I must be missing domething. Why do you need a commentary?

If you were at the game live you would not need a commentary to understand what is going on. Now if it was only on the radio... :o:D

No doubt we all know the names of and recognise our own teams players, but what about the other 600+ players from the other 31 teams. Commentators are paid well to identify them and for me it adds to the enjoyment to know and remember who is playing well (or badly) and to hear statistics as how many goals they've scored, age, club team, etc.etc.

That's why I will be looking for a pub with English commentary.

it should be possible to listen to bbc broadcasting live commentary on the web

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/listen/index.shtml

so look for a bar with broadband internet connection.

8i8

ps i don't think da vinchi code reached phangan yet

I learnt earlier on from battybatty that "its immposible to sync on-line commentry to a live broadcast owing to the 7 second second delay legaly enforced on all live on-line broadcasts."

I have never tried watching football with a seven second delayed commentary, I would imagine that it would be very very confusing, also live commentary with a seven second delayed visual feed might be interesting, if not annoying.

There must be someone out there enterprising enough to create software that could overcome all this time delay nonsense.

Or is there any way of getting a llive stream of the world cup via the internet (this is the future I am sure) with a fast connection?

I have just heard that The Office in Bang Rak is showing all matchs ith English commentry in The Back Bar. Watched the Jamaica game there and the atmosphere was good, hope to see many English Fans there on Saturday

A quick update, looks like The Office in Bang Rak will not have English commentry until Monday, so it looks as though the PFC is the place to go, where will you be watching?

Can anyone recommend a good place to wtch the world cup. USA is particular.

Chequered Flag Sports Bar in Thong Sala, Koh Phangan have all the matches live, and with English Commentary.

After last nights fiasco with the electric, we also have a back up Generator Available

the pub bo phut definitely has s.a sattelite, and is the true sportsmans choice. english commentary guaranteed. in chaweng, the islander has english commentary, but gets rammed full of people for world cup. the sportsmans pub is huge with many screens and english commentary, its near zicos and central hotel. also pfc bar. many options for you.