Three killed, 25 injured at concert explosion in Roi Et

Lite Beer

A number of posts and replies with remarks about the political situation have been deleted. Until there is something to connect this thread with the current political situation, please limit your comments to the situation in the OP.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Somewhat related..... Phrachaup Red cross fair, I think I saw about 5 places where you could buy guns of some description (real or otherwise I know not) , even the guy selling radio controlled planes had a table of guns for sale! w00t.gif

These 'parties' have long been events to avoid due to the possibility of such incidents. I am an Isaan resident in a rural area, though grenades are a new departure, this sort of behavior is not new here or in other rural areas of the country. Five years ago, there was a shootout involving more than 100 shots fired in a local village. The nearest police are 10 kms away. Due to lack of interest from authorities, the locals had an effective way of dealing with miscreants, this solution is no longer available. The wild west is alive and kicking and is the result of so many factors that I can't even begin to explore in such a limited forum.

• Like 1

There is an abundance of weapons and munitions floating g around the country. Anyone who hasn't lived here long might think that this is The Land of Smiles, but there is a serious dark underbelly in this country. We never go to these Morlams as there is pretty much always drinking and fighting. It's a sad and pointless loss of life.

My condolences to the families of the deceased.

Another coward, non political act, performed in Thailand.

It seems it's safer to live in the jungle than in Thailand nowadays.

It is much safer to live in a small village Pontong, ten minutes outside of Kalasin in Isaan, no protests, no bombs, just schools and farmers who keep their mouths shut.

There seems to be a conspicuous absence of any intelligence or insight in to the true nature of these bomb/grenade/shooting killings in Thailand. Arrests do not seem visible. Thailand seems totally disarmed and uninformed against terrorist attacks and random violence.

There is an abundance of weapons and munitions floating g around the country. Anyone who hasn't lived here long might think that this is The Land of Smiles, but there is a serious dark underbelly in this country. We never go to these Morlams as there is pretty much always drinking and fighting. It's a sad and pointless loss of life.

True enough. My wife and I really enjoy Morlum but we refuse to go to live shows. In my wife's words,

"No fun.... nothing but drunken,stupid boys fighting....I don't like." I wanted to go see Carabao in Khon Kaen and my wife said,

"Morlum, Carabao, same same but superstars." Oh well....bor pen yang.

A similar incident happened in Ban Kruad about 7 years ago. There was a fun fair in the grounds of the local amphur. A local lad got into a fight with one of the fun fair employees which resulted in the local being killed by the employee wielding a large spanner. The killer was arrested and taken away.

Later that night the brother of the deceased who was on leave from the army at the time tossed a grenade over the fence into the amphur grounds where it landed in the middle of a dance area and exploded. Fortunately at the time there had been a lull in the music and the floor had been temporarily cleared of dancers. Nevertheless 8 policemen and a couple of civilians were injured by shrapnel, fortunately none of them seriously.

How army personnel can remove a grenade, presumably from his barracks and take it on leave would suggest army security of their ordnance leaves much to be desired.

As for the grenade thrower? he was swiftly apprehended by the police never to be seen again.

I'm sorry but there is something lacking in this whole picture here in Thailand, The policing. navy guarding-army guarding private guards guarding,

Police, military, security-guards..........they will not be able to fill in the lack of SELF-RESPECT and RESPECT for others.

That is what is lacking nowadays.

I'm sorry but there is something lacking in this whole picture here in Thailand, The policing. navy guarding-army guarding private guards guarding,

Police, military, security-guards..........they will not be able to fill in the lack of SELF-RESPECT and RESPECT for others.

That is what is lacking nowadays.

Happy you read into my post deeper than the one liner, as you said upbringing, good transparent governance, schooling without the Thai blinkers, policing that is ROYAL.

The owner of the troupe which staged the Morlum at Roiet is in our village at present staging our annual concert.and told T/W what went down.

It seems that ayoung local bloke who recently joined the army turned up to find several other local lads who were responsible for giving him a beating some time back dancing on the stage,

so he let loose a grenade he had pilfered among them.

It seems that it was a case of payback.

The owner of the troupe which staged the Morlum at Roiet is in our village at present staging our annual concert.and told T/W what went down.

It seems that ayoung local bloke who recently joined the army turned up to find several other local lads who were responsible for giving him a beating some time back dancing on the stage,

so he let loose a grenade he had pilfered among them.

It seems that it was a case of payback.

What a total, brain dead, ass.