Caretaker premier Yingluck says she's willing to die on the democratic battlefield

webfact

Well I'm guessing she would rather die than live in DXB with big bro wearing black sheets.

No it's not Democracy when this country has vote buying & financial support from a dictator giving the orders from o/s. So she wouldn't be doing it for Democracy.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tonight Dear Leader says:

"I personally hope the game will be over by March" cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

Why is he going home? clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif

At the nation newspaper of now they have a 2.5 line article quiety mentioning the shutdown.

Their journalists must be so sad now.

• Like 1

she earns respect thumbsup.gif

not mine!

but your's, dear farang, does not count!

she has the majority of Thais with her - don't believe it?

go to the BALLOT

I spoke to a 'Yellow; friend today her name was 'Na.. bla bla' and even she had to admit she hates what Suthep thugs are doing

IF he had done it "Gandhi style" - peaceful and with decorum he might have won - mai bpen rai and 'som nam na'

You seem to be revealing the level of your intelligence...the only people who voted in the last Ballot were Yingluck (Red Shirt) supporters and therefore is not indicitive of the "majority " of Thais

"I'm also the defence minister meaning I'm like a soldier who has to do his duty until the last minute. A soldier has to keep the last stronghold and die on the battlefield. I will die in the democratic battlefield," she said.

General Melchett - "Are you looking forward to the big push?"

Private Baldrick - "No sir, I'm absolutely terrified."

General Melchett - "The healthy humour of the honest Tommy. Don't worry my boy, if you should falter, remember that Captain Darling and I are behind you."

Captain Blackadder - "About thirty-five miles behind you."

Yingluck is a hero, showing strength, leadership and standing up for democracy in the face of obnoxious bullying by some very cowardly people.

Suthep is a corrupt, boneheaded bully with murder charges hanging over his head... and yet, bizarrely enough and to their utter shame, we have a vocal group of posters on this forum supporting this scumbag. Suthep is worthless, he is just interested in a power grab at all costs.

And the Elmor Fud post of the week goes to............

Moony!!

Quack Quack I'm a Horse......

" The only people who voted in the last ballot were Yingluck supporters..."

Now why was that? Oh yes, it was because Suthep used his thugs to block the ballot and intimidate the voters - in the areas where he was sure that Yingluck supporters wouldn't put up a fight. His brave warriors for democracy and reform were strangely absent where there was any chance of a redshirt presence!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by JAG

she earns respect thumbsup.gif

not mine!

but your's, dear farang, does not count!

she has the majority of Thais with her - don't believe it?

go to the BALLOT

I spoke to a 'Yellow; friend today her name was 'Na.. bla bla' and even she had to admit she hates what Suthep thugs are doing

IF he had done it "Gandhi style" - peaceful and with decorum he might have won - mai bpen rai and 'som nam na'

The best way to have people die for her is to tell them she wants to die for them (democracy my foot). Then when the fire will be set all over, she will join the Father who Art in Heaven (Dubai)...

"I'm also the defence minister meaning I'm like a soldier who has to do his duty until the last minute. A soldier has to keep the last stronghold and die on the battlefield. I will die in the democratic battlefield," she said.

I didn't really want to respond to this, but I had to. As a former soldier I can say, she has no idea what is like to take the oath to protect the land. She is what we call a civilian. Soldier earned the honor to be called a soldier by protecting the country and it's principle. They do not take steal from the system, they do not corrupt the system, as YS has. How dare she put herself in the honor of those who truly serve their nation. She has insulted soldier around the world by making such statement. She hardly knows the sacrifice soldier have to make each and everyday to defend the nation.

This shows how arrogant she is and out of touch. And how all her speeches are scripted for her and how phony she is.

• Like 1

Guess that's something her brother told her to say too.
Could you please call Suthep and ask him for a new line? This one is getting old.

Is Shannon a old ladies name, or simply an Irish or Welsh name?

It's a Thai Rogue name.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There was a Del Shannon. Maybe he's a fan? His biggest hit could be Pheu Thai's party song.........

'Runaway' thumbsup.gif

The Swiss (bank account) Maid B-side is also just as apt.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I didn't really want to respond to this, but I had to. As a former soldier I can say, she has no idea what is like to take the oath to protect the land. She is what we call a civilian. Soldier earned the honor to be called a soldier by protecting the country and it's principle. They do not take steal from the system, they do not corrupt the system, as YS has. How dare she put herself in the honor of those who truly serve their nation. She has insulted soldier around the world by making such statement. She hardly knows the sacrifice soldier have to make each and everyday to defend the nation.

This shows how arrogant she is and out of touch. And how all her speeches are scripted for her and how phony she is.

Yes it takes great fortitude to be a soldier.

Just like rice farmers, it takes great fortitude to bust your backbone under the baking sun every day, to produce essential food for people to eat. And those are the people with great fortitude, that she has swindled. She should drop the military rhetoric and go work in a rice paddy for a decade, then come back and talk about fortitude.

• Like 1

Yingluck is a hero, showing strength, leadership and standing up for democracy in the face of obnoxious bullying by some very cowardly people.

Suthep is a corrupt, boneheaded bully with murder charges hanging over his head... and yet, bizarrely enough and to their utter shame, we have a vocal group of posters on this forum supporting this scumbag. Suthep is worthless, he is just interested in a power grab at all costs.

Well said, and that he hates farangs is beyond the fools.

These are two excellent posts, if I may say so.

It's been clear from the outset of Suthep's anti-democracy insurrection that he and his backers intended to vanquish the other side, which means to identify fully who they are, seize them, process them legally or extra-legally, expel them from Thailand. First and foremost on the ground zero list of Thais to be expelled from Thailand are the Shinawatras and their allies.

Suthep spoke some months ago in the Thaispeak cultural code that he would pursue Yingluck till the death - figuratively one can hope - so now Yingluck has responded with her own Thai culture speak death statement of the absolute resolve to fight it out and to the end on Thai soil. Yingluck has in a few short months now completed her transition, from citizen, to politician, to prime minister - from wallflower to wildflower. One can think of Cory Aquino, Gloria Macapal Arroyo, Aung San Suu Kyi.

Suthep and his powerful entrenched backers are serious about purging Thailand of what they view as corrupting influences, such as democracy, empowerment of the poor, creating a broad based and viable middle class that is egalitarian and dominant socioeconomically, and more. These and most other modern ideas and practices are to be purged.

Integral to this reactionary campaign, farang influences are to undergo a systematic purging, to include farang themselves. Not all farang influences are democratic, however, as can be read here the past several months, so some number of certain farang will be exempted. Every Suthep reference to farang says so and Abhisit has yet to contradict him.

Edited by Publicus

Some of these (and I say SOME) . . . . . some of these ant-government posts smack so thoroughly of "White Man's Burden-ism", "let's pop on yellow shirts and vault heavenward to join the elites for tea, shall we ;-? or an ABYSMAL ignorance of the history and the politics of this country that one wonders if the posters actually live here; if they have ever worked here, or if they are even remotely connected to anyone who has had to endure the wage-slavery and abject penury that the vast majority of Thais endure.

From reading the vast majority of these poorly considered quips, tweets, blurts, jabs, cheap shots, quacks, brays, honks, snorts etc one really DOES get the impression that the key to social success by gringos here in the Land of Smiles is to sneak aboard the pedigree bus.

Do some research people.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit."

• Like 1

The old guard can't stand the fact that they've been outsmarted by YL, she has beaten them pointless at every turn. The derision she gets on TV is symptomatic of her victory

If she is so smart, why has she ran away, refused to debate or answer questions in parliament and only communicate via social media or scripted speeches which she often reads very badly.

She is so clever that she has repeatedly lied to the farmers about when they will be paid, going back months and months.

Oh she's smart alright. Her family's wealth has increased 450% since she took office according to Forbes and her criminal fugitive brother bragged to them that his little sisters government has sent 1 billion baht to him. Pretty smart providing she get away with eh?

The derision she gets on TV is because she lies, acts illegally and refuses basic questions on propriety that people in public life in any democracy must answer. Add the repeated incompetency of her often reshuffled government and she really does look a smartie.

• Like 1

" The only people who voted in the last ballot were Yingluck supporters..."

Now why was that? Oh yes, it was because Suthep used his thugs to block the ballot and intimidate the voters - in the areas where he was sure that Yingluck supporters wouldn't put up a fight. His brave warriors for democracy and reform were strangely absent where there was any chance of a redshirt presence!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Quick question. If the red shirts are so tough why the hit and run gorilla tactics?

• Like 1

It's been clear from the outset of Suthep's anti-democracy insurrection that he and his backers intended to vanquish the other side, which means to identify fully who they are, seize them, process them legally or extra-legally, expel them from Thailand. First and foremost on the ground zero list of Thais to be expelled from Thailand are the Shinawatras and their allies.

Suthep spoke some months ago in the Thaispeak cultural code that he would pursue Yingluck till the death - figuratively one can hope - so now Yingluck has responded with her own Thai culture speak death statement of the absolute resolve to fight it out and to the end on Thai soil. Yingluck has in a few short months now completed her transition, from citizen, to politician, to prime minister - from wallflower to wildflower. One can think of Cory Aquino, Gloria Macapal Arroyo, Aung San Suu Kyi.

Suthep and his powerful entrenched backers are serious about purging Thailand of what they view as corrupting influences, such as democracy, empowerment of the poor, creating a broad based and viable middle class that is egalitarian and dominant socioeconomically, and more. These and most other modern ideas and practices are to be purged.

Integral to this reactionary campaign, farang influences are to undergo a systematic purging, to include farang themselves. Not all farang influences are democratic, however, as can be read here the past several months, so some number of certain farang will be exempted. Every Suthep reference to farang says so and Abhisit has yet to contradict him.

You think Yingluck is in the same league as Aung San Suu Kyi ???

Please can you explain what exactly you think Yingluck has actually done in her 2+ years in office to warrant this comparison?

The old guard can't stand the fact that they've been outsmarted by YL, she has beaten them pointless at every turn. The derision she gets on TV is symptomatic of her victory

If she is so smart, why has she ran away, refused to debate or answer questions in parliament and only communicate via social media or scripted speeches which she often reads very badly.

She is so clever that she has repeatedly lied to the farmers about when they will be paid, going back months and months.

Oh she's smart alright. Her family's wealth has increased 450% since she took office according to Forbes and her criminal fugitive brother bragged to them that his little sisters government has sent 1 billion baht to him. Pretty smart providing she get away with eh?

The derision she gets on TV is because she lies, acts illegally and refuses basic questions on propriety that people in public life in any democracy must answer. Add the repeated incompetency of her often reshuffled government and she really does look a smartie.

+1thumbsup.gif

Highly inflamatory language and a clear allience with the red shirt rethoric.(war drum and 600K conscription for the red defence army)

Again the spindoctors spinning the wrong policy.

Please can you explain what exactly you think Yingluck has actually done in her 2+ years in office to warrant this comparison?

The past several months have been Yingluck's finest hour as she has stood up against fascism. In 1991 Suu Kyi got 80% of the vote so the election there was scrubbed by the generals. You might need to think of all this as a beginning for Yingluck - one never knows.

The thread is not about the past 2+ years.

I think it is a family thing. Afterall her brother compares himself to Mandela :-D

I think it is a family thing. Afterall her brother compares himself to Mandela :-D

Many of us are not in the family. Probably none among us are in the Shin family.

I would remind you YS has made no such claim.

Now when I read Thai Visa, there is anger more.

Take this cracker from JRSoul Posted Yesterday, 23:22

My chippie mate has volunteered to knock up a box for her, free of charge. He needs to know how tall she is, and how wide across that lard arse.

I'm whittling a wooden stake for her heart. Reckon it will need a needle point, fire hardened, to pierce such a shrivelled and hard organ. unquote

Elsewhere I read that this business is not farang business. Well it is. I get to send money from New Zealand every week to my father in law in Maha Sarakham province. This because Thaksin took his rice and spilled it on the ground to rot.

I do believe that they Wifes parents have no money now, and that Thailand is collapsing at the seams .

I wish for the coup, and that the country pay its debts to the farmers, and then close Shinawatra forever.