Suthep declares end of Bangkok Shutdown

george

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from Crushdepth and TVgerry the usual crew seem to have gone awol over this story

Good..

A bunch of newcomers have appeared in their stead.

Curious.

Normally they pounce on each story within minutes and one has to wade through the rhetoric for 2-3 pages before any sensible comments get made but not on this story.

Something up?

The water is still in the process of being chummed. Give 'em time LOL

I think Suthep and his allies should be investigated.

Each one of his moves damaged the Thai economy. Could it be possible they bid against certain stocks so that if they lose value, they end up making a huge amount of money?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did that and made billions in the process.

That would make sense, he resigned his position which made it legal for him to trade shares and had no obligation to audit his accounts publicly.

• Like 1

now lets see if the reds do the same, maybe they will want to keep going as long as the independant courts do not do what they or the ptp/thaksin want them too, ie, stop investigating the corruption that is the ptp and finding them guilty, not letting thaksin get off his charges and get all his money back as well as releasing all the guilty reds from 2010 or stop any further proceedings against them. Will be an interesting few weeks.

How about investigating the coruption of suthep for a change????? Good idea?????

• Like 2

Apart from Crushdepth and TVgerry the usual crew seem to have gone awol over this story

Good..

Curious.

Normally they pounce on each story within minutes and one has to wade through the rhetoric for 2-3 pages before any sensible comments get made but not on this story.

Something up?

Mourning period?

• Like 1

good riddence. i guess the number of protesters are down to... 5 ?

hahahahahaha, your getting the pcad protesters mixed up with the reds in front of the nacc but I am sure there arent quite that many reds there thoughblink.png

Its all right for suhep and his band of thugs to doit but the red shirts can't do it ? Or you feel the reds are wrong for that????? I guess you dont like democracy at all.

• Like 2

Suthep has made another cool calm and calculated decision which has now left a little bit of house keeping up to the courts to end this corrupt government and the Thaksin regime.

Suthep will continue to target Thaksin's businesses and will keep exposing the tyrants corrupt practises to the masses and watching shares fall.

Yingluck is in more trouble than she ever expected with many charges to face,

Getting to this stage is a big win for Democracy in thailand .

Well done Suthep ,PDRC and all the supporters. smile.png

Lost for words cheesy.gif

Suthep has made another cool calm and calculated decision which has now left a little bit of house keeping up to the courts to end this corrupt government and the Thaksin regime.

Suthep will continue to target Thaksin's businesses and will keep exposing the tyrants corrupt practises to the masses and watching shares fall.

In any other country he would face life in prison for damaging a company's shares on purpose.

• Like 2

Very very well played. Suthep is simply brilliant .

1. Yingluck is charged and most certainly will be guilty

2. The idiot red shirts are blocking EC so no chance of new elections in time

3. The idiot red shirts want to defy courts, army will act on its own

4. All agency fed up with shins

5. Shins lost billions from stock losses.

Now Suthep only needs to wait for a month or so and shins are out

"idiot red shirts" this, "idiots red shirts" that, "Shins", "Shins". If anybody needs an illustration why Dems have little legitimate chance of outright winning an election for a couple more generations poster whoisyourdaddy is it.

Sadly there are by far more stupid people than the smart ones

Each one of his moves damaged the Thai economy. Could it be possible they bid against certain stocks so that if they lose value, they end up making a huge amount of money?

We're one stop closer to peace with Suthep taking a step back ending the shutdown but hey, before the protests are even 100% over, we have red idiots wanting blood and making insinuations without any proof to back it up.

the only idiot I saw was that red faced drunk crazy man, that going home.....555

Not so fast - don't dance on his g yet.

Suthep tonight declared that victory will come by end-March ... so expect further collection marches next week.

The one thing that everyone has to agree on is that suthep says one thing and does something completely different. He is the biggest lier in Thailand. Just look at some of the things he has said and what he has done.

• Like 2

"Yingluck is in more trouble than she ever expected with many charges to face,"

"Many charges" but we're still waiting for the "Many charges" planned for Thaksin some 8 years since the BIG coup!

Good..

Curious.

Something up?

Shell-shocked .... searching Facebook for clues to why this unexpected change in tactics - and combing for plausible "spins".

On a selfish note, this is good for me - I will have my old stomping grounds back. But commiserations to those in the Rama IV/Sarasin areas.

It's a practical decision.

- the number of supporters was so low they couldn't keep up that many protest sites

- there were too many shootings

- he was badly affecting the local BKK businesses and some businessmen that used to support him turned against him

Nobody will care about what he does in Lumpini park. It will be like a zoo without visitors.

I think he's preparing his escape.

Too bad he couldn't turn his movement into a democratic alternative for Yingluck.

He used the wrong tactics and behaved like a madman.

Now there's no real alternative for Yingluck, which is also pretty scary.

Edited by kriswillems
  • Like 1

In any other country he would face life in prison for damaging a company's shares on purpose.

In any other country Thaksin would be behind bars and have no companies or shares , In any other country the persons responsible for burning down bangkok would all be serving lengthy prison sentences .

• Like 1

Very very well played. Suthep is simply brilliant .

1. Yingluck is charged and most certainly will be guilty

2. The idiot red shirts are blocking EC so no chance of new elections in time

3. The idiot red shirts want to defy courts, army will act on its own

4. All agency fed up with shins

5. Shins lost billions from stock losses.

Now Suthep only needs to wait for a month or so and shins are out

You are so far out in right field you will never get back. What about your BELOVED suthep??? He has been charged but has NEVER gone to court? The army will not step in because they want to remain nutral in face of the world, which is watching. The reds are doing the same thing sutheps band of thugs was doing so what is wrong with that?

A very wise move.

The protest sites are vulnerable to violent attack.

Lumpini Park will be safer and more easily defended.

​No need for more than one protest site now the Shin reign is in its final days !

That id really lame ;)

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good..

Curious.

Something up?

Mourning period?

Self Preservation Society

The backdrop to the protests is a longstanding struggle between a royalist establishment -- supported by the judiciary and the military -- and Yingluck's family which has strong support in the northern half of Thailand.

Ahh Finally NEWS from a non Nation source

biggrin.png

Now as this article says it really was a power struggle, so for all of you expats who bought into the "restart Thailand" Claptrap and "end corruption" malarky sold by the yellow.Dems PDRC

I'm sorry to have to tell you the truth at this late date, that as just a PR Gimmick

Sorry Kids biggrin.png

• Like 2

There was possbily some back channel talks and both sides will take a step back now. This is a good start, Hopefully the attacks on the protestors will stop now.

I think they ran out of cash.

It can't cost that much to support those 200 protesters that are left

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good idea. And the Shinawats could be investigated at the same time. Their family wealth has increased a whopping 450% since little Poo took office and big brother told Forbes his sister's government sent him I billion baht. Shame the farmer's haven't been paid this week despite Yingluck's vow. Still she has her priorities, clearly.

Is 450% accurate?

In any other country Thaksin would be behind bars and have no companies or shares , In any other country the persons responsible for burning down bangkok would all be serving lengthy prison sentences .

The rich can still get away with murder in the U.S., Look at any of the high profile cases. only a few ever see the inside of a jail or prison!