Red shirts wear rebellion headbands to welcome Yingluck

webfact

Red shirts wear rebellion headbands to welcome Yingluck

BANGKOK: -- Red-shirt followers wore white headbands bearing the acronym “sor por por Lanna” ( the Democratic Republic of Lanna People) to welcome caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra during her visit to an OTOP trade fair held in Sankamphaeng district of Chiang Mai yesterday (Friday).

Some of the red shirts also carried little red and white flags as they cruised around the district in motorcycles to give morale support to Ms Yingluck.

The headbands and banners bearing the sor por por Lanna scronym are part of the increasing sign of dissent of the red-shirt followers against what they claimed as the ammart class in Bangkok for their alleged bias against the Pheu Thai government and increasing talk of separatism.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/red-shirts-wear-rebellion-headbands-welcome-yingluck/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-01

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suthep has been dividing the nation with his speeches every night for the past 4 months.

This is the result. I hope he likes it.

It's his only achievement in 4 months.

I would nominate you as Interior Minister in a red cabinet if only Thai's gave a rats arse about farang opinion.

If you haven't noticed, the OP is about Thai opinion.

Republic means that you have a president as head of state.

The Lanna people are not republicans.

Get a better translation please.

I think the translation is completely plausible, given certain other declarations that have happened recently. Sor = sao seua = Saatharanarach = Republic, Por = pao pla = Prachaathipatai = Democracy, Por = pao pla = Prachaachon = Citizen / People.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just showed this to my wife (well educated Thai) and she has no idea what you are talking about.

Does your "Saatharanarach" have the same anti monachy meaning as the English word "Republic"?

If they did manage to somehow create their own republic it would be a state of anarchy.

If anyone could be bothered to write a constitution or a set of laws, not one bugger would follow them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Suthep has been dividing the nation with his speeches every night for the past 4 months.

Suthep has shone a bright light on this government, its failed policies and mounting debt, causing the cockroaches to run for the darkness. If they decide that they want to form their own little destitute ghetto and rob each other blind, that is their own business, and certainly no fault of Suthep.

However, those advocating secession might want to take a look at the penalties that apply to the crime of real sedition.

Chiang Mai is the most wonderful place on the planet and will never be a 'little destitute ghetto' no matter who runs it.

• Like 1

My apologies, I mispelled one letter (morning dose of caffeine hadn't kicked in yet). Sor = sao seua = saatharanarat = republic. I mispelled one letter (should have had thao thaan instead of chao chaang), but the pronunciation is the same since it is at the end of a syllable.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Suthep has shone a bright light on this government, its failed policies and mounting debt, causing the cockroaches to run for the darkness. If they decide that they want to form their own little destitute ghetto and rob each other blind, that is their own business, and certainly no fault of Suthep.

However, those advocating secession might want to take a look at the penalties that apply to the crime of real sedition.

Chiang Mai is the most wonderful place on the planet and will never be a 'little destitute ghetto' no matter who runs it.

So, you support the breakaway?

• Like 1

Good grief. You haven't seen much of the world, have you? Climb up Doi Suthep (no pun intended) and see how 'wonderful' the pollution over Chiang Mai is. Ever heard of air quality? There is more to life than Northern women.

http://ourchiangmai.com/air-pollution-in-chiang-mai-thailand/