scooter maintenance/repair?

Really hardly a matter of concern.
Tires 1,200 or more according to quality.
Brakes rarely needed.
Oils (both) 200-230 Bt.
My 30K Kms Click also required new steer pipe bearings, master brake piston, battery. That did not broke the bank neither.

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

> Brakes rarely needed.

Until you need them. So better let them check and service the brakes from time to time.

thumbsup.gif

Oh thanks for the wise advice. I know how to check and replace brakes. On my 30K km bike - no pads/shoes replacement needed but piston gave in as mentioned. YMMV.

If you "let them check" the first dishonest shop will replace with no need, just like in the West.

Yep, best is of course to check everything yourself if you know how. Or you drive until something is broken, thai style, not the safest option, but maybe the cheapest smile.png

Checking brake fluid level regularly and checking brake lines for cracks from time to time, etc...

On a 5 year old scooter changing the brake fluid may be needed if never done before...

Better safe than sorry...

If you fear the shops are dishonest/incompetent, who will do it for you?

On a 5 year old scooter changing the brake fluid may be needed if never done before...

Better safe than sorry...

I never go more than 2 years without a flush and refill with new.

Brake fluid is hydroscopic and will pull water vapour right out of the air.

If it is not crystal clear - replace.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys I just did all the maintenance on my Yamaha Mio 125 at 28,500km. It actually was fully tuned up at 17k, but it's been a year and it's so cheap so why not make it an annual thing.

Air filter 250 baht (caked in black grease and grime)

New front brake pads (almost nothing left on them!)

Replace brake fluid

Replace engine coolant

oil

spark plug.

Everything including oil change and labour + new left brake handle I snapped dropping the bike was 1000 baht.

However, I was challenged with some major language barrier issues. I was certain there must be some automatic transmission fluid (like in most cars). I saw where he drained the oil and the engine coolant. The brake fluid was added above the right brake handle. Is there any main transmission fluid compartment on these models? If not what kind of transmission maintenance is recommended and how often?

Thanks.

There should be an oil filler cap on the upper end of the gear box and a drain bolt under it, similar as in the picture. Changing the gear oil every 10,000 km should be fine.

post-129800-0-16239600-1427861192_thumb.

Edited by wantan