USA Social Security No Payment Today

SailingHome

I find it impossible to believe anyone that has worked for 35-40 years in the States has to

be the least bit concerned thier SS check is a few days late. Get a life, with the earnings,

pensions and savings most people have SS is just a suppliment. Unless you were a freaken

drunk, dead beat, or just lazy, you should have enough money to live on without being

concerned about a SS check being late...........But I have seen my share of dead beat drunks

here in Thailand, from the States.......hard to feel any sympathy for them.

10,000,000 people in the USA don't have bank accounts.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/09/12/pf/fdic-bank-accounts/

The tally found that 610,042 people were homeless on that night, reflecting a drop of nearly 4 percent from 2012 to 2013, the agency says. Of that number, 36 percent — 222,197 people — were in families, representing a drop of 7 percent for that group.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/11/21/246589487/number-of-homeless-declines-again-but-gains-arent-universal

Not the working for 35-40 years group...most likely, drunks, druggies, lazy welfare group

or just plain stupid group......

I'm sure you never were in the American military but about 25 percent of the homeless are veterans-131,000 according to VA statistics-

http://powerstates.com/homeless-vets#.Uxlt-IVIG2U

And an overwhelming number of this 131K should have never been accepted into the military. They

were "court ordered" junkies, misfits and drunks that the military was supposed to "help"... to deal

with their criminal backgrounds.....now they are sucking up VA disability benefits and still: drunks,

misfits, junkies and criminals....just as before their "Service"......

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10,000,000 people in the USA don't have bank accounts.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/09/12/pf/fdic-bank-accounts/

The tally found that 610,042 people were homeless on that night, reflecting a drop of nearly 4 percent from 2012 to 2013, the agency says. Of that number, 36 percent — 222,197 people — were in families, representing a drop of 7 percent for that group.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/11/21/246589487/number-of-homeless-declines-again-but-gains-arent-universal

Not the working for 35-40 years group...most likely, drunks, druggies, lazy welfare group

or just plain stupid group......

I'm sure you never were in the American military but about 25 percent of the homeless are veterans-131,000 according to VA statistics-

http://powerstates.com/homeless-vets#.Uxlt-IVIG2U

And an overwhelming number of this 131K should have never been accepted into the military. They

were "court ordered" junkies, misfits and drunks that the military was supposed to "help"... to deal

with their criminal backgrounds.....now they are sucking up VA disability benefits and still: drunks,

misfits, junkies and criminals....just as before their "Service"......

Your post is nonsense. Many were not let into the military they were drafted in and fought with distinction for their country.

And what branch of the American military were you in?

Edited by thailiketoo

I don't know what kind of troll the little mary (no) sunshine is, but obviously a faux not the news watcher. One without knowledge or a soul. Many people found themselves on the street after the Wall Street Criminals and banksters crashed the economy. You damn sure don't know shit about shinola when it comes to Veterans. You don't have a clue about PTSD. You don't have a clue as to the damage a war, much less an ill planned, ill carried out, immoral and illegal war does to ones mind and heart. I've seen the eyes of those Vets, and active duty personnel, many times and sometimes they were staring back at me in the mirror. You don't have a clue as to what explosions do to the brain. In fact, you don't have a clue. Many people even though they worked hard all their lives, raised a family and sent kids to school end up with nothing but Social Security. Especially with corporations and even government entities these days not honoring their contractual obligation to pay pensions. One medical emergency can wipe out years of savings overnight. I managed to get by, start over again more than once with the help of friends so I and my Thai family can live comfortable. A couple of days late still makes a difference to me. Yea, a few days late can and does make a difference to many people, to bad you aren't one.

Excuse my rant for the day. I'm off to have jambalaya with red beans and rice along with a little Cajun music at a local American 'owned' restaurant that many of us Vets eat at, and have a few cold ones. And not worry about idiots and Social Security being late.

• Like 1

I don't know what kind of troll the little mary (no) sunshine is, but obviously a faux not the news watcher. One without knowledge or a soul. Many people found themselves on the street after the Wall Street Criminals and banksters crashed the economy. You dam_n sure don't know shit about shinola when it comes to Veterans. You don't have a clue about PTSD. You don't have a clue as to the damage a war, much less an ill planned, ill carried out, immoral and illegal war does to ones mind and heart. I've seen the eyes of those Vets, and active duty personnel, many times and sometimes they were staring back at me in the mirror. You don't have a clue as to what explosions do to the brain. In fact, you don't have a clue. Many people even though they worked hard all their lives, raised a family and sent kids to school end up with nothing but Social Security. Especially with corporations and even government entities these days not honoring their contractual obligation to pay pensions. One medical emergency can wipe out years of savings overnight. I managed to get by, start over again more than once with the help of friends so I and my Thai family can live comfortable. A couple of days late still makes a difference to me. Yea, a few days late can and does make a difference to many people, to bad you aren't one. Excuse my rant for the day. I'm off to have jambalaya with red beans and rice along with a little Cajun music at a local American 'owned' restaurant that many of us Vets eat at, and have a few cold ones. And not worry about idiots and Social Security being late.

I know quite a bit about PTSD....about 35% of the claims are real and permenant. Those that can

rant about ill planned, immoral and illegal wars usualy are smart enough to "con" the system into a

monthly check....these benefits should be reviewed yearly and ended if proven to be a scam....

Enjoy your jumbalaya on the US Taxpayers............

I don't know what kind of troll the little mary (no) sunshine is, but obviously a faux not the news watcher. One without knowledge or a soul. Many people found themselves on the street after the Wall Street Criminals and banksters crashed the economy. You dam_n sure don't know shit about shinola when it comes to Veterans. You don't have a clue about PTSD. You don't have a clue as to the damage a war, much less an ill planned, ill carried out, immoral and illegal war does to ones mind and heart. I've seen the eyes of those Vets, and active duty personnel, many times and sometimes they were staring back at me in the mirror. You don't have a clue as to what explosions do to the brain. In fact, you don't have a clue. Many people even though they worked hard all their lives, raised a family and sent kids to school end up with nothing but Social Security. Especially with corporations and even government entities these days not honoring their contractual obligation to pay pensions. One medical emergency can wipe out years of savings overnight. I managed to get by, start over again more than once with the help of friends so I and my Thai family can live comfortable. A couple of days late still makes a difference to me. Yea, a few days late can and does make a difference to many people, to bad you aren't one. Excuse my rant for the day. I'm off to have jambalaya with red beans and rice along with a little Cajun music at a local American 'owned' restaurant that many of us Vets eat at, and have a few cold ones. And not worry about idiots and Social Security being late.

I know quite a bit about PTSD....about 35% of the claims are real and permenant. Those that can

rant about ill planned, immoral and illegal wars usualy are smart enough to "con" the system into a

monthly check....these benefits should be reviewed yearly and ended if proven to be a scam....

Enjoy your jumbalaya on the US Taxpayers............

You stayed home while men fought and now rant about paying for them. We didn't have a choice. The guys with the teddy bears stayed home and played while we got drafted and went off to war. But that's OK. It kind of reminds me of a song, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ScisGFllPY

• Like 1

Hey troll, like I said, you don't know shit from shinola. Get some real information, not lies from the right wing faux not the news. You are very, very wrong about PTSD. I'll be kind enough to say 'uninformed', not a liar. And I don't 'enjoy' anything on the taxpayer, I earned every damn penny I get in VA compensation, Social Security and pensions, more than I can say for you who is/was obviously unfit to serve. Where did you spend the wars, hiding behind an exemption like the rest of the chikenhawks. Just a word, I'm no 'keyboard warrior'.

• Like 2

So many cynics here! While I agree with you, don't assume that is issue. If your employer did not pay you on time, wouldn't you call to see if there were problems that need your attention? Sue me for thinking others might have the same conclusion but can't get anyone on the phone, even in Paris.

SH You are wasting space and time IMO. As others have said, you evidently are living too close to the edge if you are concerned about your SSA income being a few days late. So your income is late so what is all this discussion for?

So many cynics here! While I agree with you, don't assume that is issue. If your employer did not pay you on time, wouldn't you call to see if there were problems that need your attention? Sue me for thinking others might have the same conclusion but can't get anyone on the phone, even in Paris.

SH You are wasting space and time IMO. As others have said, you evidently are living too close to the edge if you are concerned about your SSA income being a few days late. So your income is late so what is all this discussion for?

SS sends out a questionnaire every year. Sometimes it is lost in the mail getting to Thailand or sometimes it is lost in the mail getting to the States. They wait a few months and then stop your payments if they don't get it. Sometimes with no notice. It takes 2 or 3 months to get them started again. So when it is late it may mean that you won't get paid for a few months.

So a few days may actually be many months and it is nice to know if everyone is late or just you or if it is a bank mistake or or........

Haven't heard "Goat Roper" since I was a kid in a small town whose fame was "Cowboy capital of the world" We also had some that were "Drugstore Cowboys" ahaaaha

Haven't heard "Goat Roper" since I was a kid in a small town whose fame was "Cowboy capital of the world" We also had some that were "Drugstore Cowboys" ahaaaha

What's your point, that you were raised in a small town?

What's your point, that you were raised in a small town?

Settle down Hombre - No point just a comment.

I have never gotten a questionnaire from SS. All my SS mail goes to my address in the states and is forwarded by my attorney, sometimes a bit slow, but hey we grew up together, both USMC and I don't pay him. Several months delay would be rather difficult to say the least.

miss mary, I'd really, really like to meet you, face to face, doubt you have the guts. I volunteered for the USMC, got out as a Sgt after a tour in Vietnam, worked as a Federal Wildlands Firefighter, Certified/Commissioned Law Enforcement Officer and didn't start collecting VA compensation until 2 years ago. What the hell have you ever done beside start shit on the internet. Partner you and I need to rodeo, like I said, I'm no keyboard warrior like you, troll. Crawl back in the hole you came from. My apologies to the board members and this thread. I will not tolerate lies and crap like this.

As an American taxpayer, all I can say is "Thank you for your service, Sgt."

I have never gotten a questionnaire from SS. All my SS mail goes to my address in the states and is forwarded by my attorney, sometimes a bit slow, but hey we grew up together, both USMC and I don't pay him. Several months delay would be rather difficult to say the least.

It is SSA 7162 for persons living outside of the USA. I assume one gets it if your SS check goes to a bank outside of the USA.

miss mary, I'd really, really like to meet you, face to face, doubt you have the guts. I volunteered for the USMC, got out as a Sgt after a tour in Vietnam, worked as a Federal Wildlands Firefighter, Certified/Commissioned Law Enforcement Officer and didn't start collecting VA compensation until 2 years ago. What the hell have you ever done beside start shit on the internet. Partner you and I need to rodeo, like I said, I'm no keyboard warrior like you, troll. Crawl back in the hole you came from. My apologies to the board members and this thread. I will not tolerate lies and crap like this.

Ditto.

Ignore the troll, Sgt. Most of them aren't worth a bucket of warm spit.

I'm guessing then the reason I don't get the questionaire is my SS paperwork and direct deposit is all stateside. I use my debit cards to get the money here. Requires a few trips downtown to my bank main branch or pay the ATM fee now that AEON charges on their ATM.

Ditto.

No time for anymore HERO bull sh.it...You wouldn't have gone within 50 feet

of a Recruitment Station if you wern't Drafted.....Enjoy your "well earned disability check"

for being so unable to cope with the stress ....I scraped up lots of bodies as an EMT off the highways

over the years, and have seen sights YOU can't imagine.....NO PTSD either.............

Ditto.

No time for anymore HERO bull sh.it...You wouldn't have gone within 50 feet

of a Recruitment Station if you wern't Drafted.....Enjoy your "well earned disability check"

for being so unable to cope with the stress ....I scraped up lots of bodies as an EMT off the highways

over the years, and have seen sights YOU can't imagine.....NO PTSD either.............

It would seem our little miss sunshine also has reading comprehension problems.

From one of the posts above:

". I volunteered for the USMC, got out as a Sgt after a tour in Vietnam, "

It used to be that all SS payments were made on the 3rd of each month. They've change that to stagger them out. Don't blame them.

Mine is direct deposited on the 2nd Wednesday of each month.

They've had record snow storms across the NE of the US, and even as far a Texas. They simply can't get to work, and if they could, quite a few are without power.

I agree. If a few days or even months puts a guy in a bind, he'd be too close for comfort for me.

I have the same delivery - 2nd Wednesday is the promise ... but I actually get my S.S. direct deposit on the 2nd. Tuesday. I have read that mail delivery of S.S. checks is supposed to stop in the U.S. I thought it had already occurred. And for those who do not have a bank account the S.S. Admin will issue a Debit Card for direct deposit. I am a big advocate for personal choice.. but I see no sense for anyone to have a S.S. Check mailed to an address in the USA. But to each his own. If the government stands by previous announcements the cut off of mailed S.S. checks is going to happen sooner or later.

In Thailand Americans do have the option of direct deposit to an American Bank and then having an account at Bangkok Bank in N.Y.C. ... Do an ACH transfer to B.B. NYC which in turn the money will be available in a Thailand B.B. branch. I believe it is possible to have the S.S. direct deposit to Bangkok Bank NYC but don't know for sure.

I have been receiving my SS payments from Bangkok Bank (the only authorized bank in Thailand for these payments) forwarded from the BB NYC branch, which has a couple staff in it for admin. purposes. I receive my payment 1 day sooner than if it was sent to a US based bank and then trying to forward it or wishdrawing from an ATM $500 at a time with the associated ATM fees for foreign transfers, which use to be $5.00 per ATM transaction, losing some money this way.

In 2014 the payment scheduled changed, along with a 1.5% increase in payment amount (BFD) and instead of mine being on the 3rd Weds. of each month it is now on the 3rd day of each month, and received in my Bangkok Bank account on the 4th day of the month. Hope this helps for clarification.

Yep, BFD is right. Thanks for the info. I haven't gotten the new schedule for my payments so maybe that is why I'm having trouble figuring out exactly when it comes. And yes, the ATM fees are a killer especially when your monies come at different times of the month. When AEON was free, no problem. Pain in the butt to go to bank but better than paying the ATM fee and lower exchange rate.

BKK Bank will deduct 200 Baht from your deposit as their fee.

You will be paid at the TT exchange rate for the day the deposit is credited to your account.

Edit in: I have been informed by Manlla that all deposits in Thailand are scheduled for funds to be released on the 3rd of the month, depending on weekends.

Edited by chuckd

Loose, loose it looks like if direct deposit to Bangkok Bank or use an ATM. Actually when I go to my bank no fee for debit card inside bank at teller and good exchange rate. The biggest problem is I can't draw all out at one time due to bank limits so have to return and frankly I hate driving downtown. Before AEON changed policy it was easy to just use ATM when needed. Oh and Kasikorn charges 180 baht for foreign card on ATM. And for all you rich people, yea a few baht does make a difference when you add it up at the end of the year.

on time for my folks this month. (Feb 2014, anyway). One obvious flaw in the system..... no one has ever checked to see if my parents are even still alive (which they are) since they started getting their SS. I was told their would be periodic surveys by the SSA, but nope.

:-)

on time for my folks this month. (Feb 2014, anyway). One obvious flaw in the system..... no one has ever checked to see if my parents are even still alive (which they are) since they started getting their SS. I was told their would be periodic surveys by the SSA, but nope.

:-)

Do they live in Thailand? Everyone here gets a letter to check if they are alive every year and are checked every month when the check is picked up. I think this is a SS in Thailand thread.

Edited by thailiketoo

Loose, loose it looks like if direct deposit to Bangkok Bank or use an ATM. Actually when I go to my bank no fee for debit card inside bank at teller and good exchange rate. The biggest problem is I can't draw all out at one time due to bank limits so have to return and frankly I hate driving downtown. Before AEON changed policy it was easy to just use ATM when needed. Oh and Kasikorn charges 180 baht for foreign card on ATM. And for all you rich people, yea a few baht does make a difference when you add it up at the end of the year.

You can withdraw it all if it is Direct Deposit to Bangkok Bank. Take your bank book and transfer the whole amount to another account. If I understand what you wrote. Or just withdraw the cash with your bank book and not ATM card.

You can withdraw it all if it is Direct Deposit to Bangkok Bank. Take your bank book and transfer the whole amount to another account. If I understand what you wrote. Or just withdraw the cash with your bank book and not ATM card.

All solid advice.

The closest BKK Bank to me is some 55 kilometers so I withdraw virtually all of mine with passport and passbook.

You will not receive an ATM card with one of their direct deposit US retirement accounts and multiple trips to the bank are not something I wish to do.