DSI seeks arrest of Suthep over 2010 deadly crackdown on Redshirts

webfact

DSI Seeks Arrest Of Suthep For 2010 Unrest Deaths
By Khaosod English

13939074971393907580l.jpg
Mr. Suthep Thaugsuban

BANGKOK: -- The Division of Special Investigation is seeking arrest warrant for anti-government protest leader over his role in authorising the deadly crackdown on Redshirts protesters in 2010.

Chief of the DSI, Mr. Tharit Pengdit, said he would apply for the arrest warrant at the Criminal Court on Wednesday.

Mr. Suthep Thaugsuban, who is currently leading the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD), is facing trials along with former Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva over the military crackdown on the Redshirts in 2010, which resulted in the deaths of over 90 people, mostly civilians.

Mr. Suthep was serving as a Deputy Prime Minister and overseer of the crackdown operations at the time.

He has previously postponed his appearance in the court to acknowledge his murder charges, citing the needs to stay with his fellow anti-government protesters.

However, Mr. Tharit suggested that any further delay is unacceptable. In a press conference yesterday, Mr. Tharit said he was seeking the arrest warrant to bring Mr. Suthep to acknowledge his charges, as instructed by the Prosecutors team.

Mr. Suthep and Mr. Abhisit repeatedly denied the murder charges, claiming that the shadowy armed militants were to blame for deaths of security forces and protesters in the 2010 unrest.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU16a3dOelE1Tnc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-03-04

• Like 2

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr Tharit and his colleagues should be sitting on the bench now answering about the 2014 deaths.

And I agree to what he suggested that any further delay is unacceptable.

Edited by metisdead
Font fixed again.

With any luck he should be going down and taking his bed fellows with him.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Lets see if you are singing the same song when YL and her cohorts have warrants to arrest them for murdering innocents.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

What exactly are they trying to charge him with? The orders were given in an official capacity, there isn't anything he could be legitimately charged with that's within the jurisdiction of the DSI or the criminal court.

Suthep is the peoples Hero.... he deserves a medal ...!

He deserves a medal ? Even car park attendants wear medals so he can one like them

What exactly are they trying to charge him with? The orders were given in an official capacity, there isn't anything he could be legitimately charged with that's within the jurisdiction of the DSI or the criminal court.
It happened on his shift he has to take the good?with the bad.

I think you'll find that many people don't share the same views as yourself, especially those who live in the North and the East, and those in Bangkok, whom he impeded their rights to vote..

• Like 1

Lets see if you are singing the same song when YL and her cohorts have warrants to arrest them for murdering innocents.

. Why do I care what happens YL or any of her "cohorts"? If you can't do the time don't do the crime.

• Like 1

Now that the the protesters have consolidated and the police are back at work extorting money from Bangkok motorists and merchants alike. I think Tharit and Chalerm are on their own serving any and all warrants issued for Suthep.

As usual he can be located on stage or out walking on public streets So get those disguises out and go get him.

Good luck with that boys.

The inevitable tit for tat has started, look here;

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/708465-thai-court-accepts-murder-trial-of-yingluck-and-five-top-officials/

shouldnt tarit be putting his name on that list seeing how was part of the committee that decided to use force in 2010, strange that now he is also part of the ptp committee that decided to use force in this protest as well, seems he just likes to have/see people shot, what a moron.

Don't forget to add Poo and the drunk to the arrest warrants while you're at it. They did order the crackdown that claimed lives also. After all, as PM Poo said, there shouldn't be a double standard. rolleyes.gif

I may be wrong (I often am) but I think the main legal difference is that Suthep ordered and had "live fire zones" set up, which seems to almost ensure people will get shot.

As an example ... If I order someone to throw a rock off a bridge and it kills someone, would I not be implicated in their murder?

If I order someone to fix a bridge and a rock drops and it kills someone, am I still implicated in a murder?

I use the analogy just to try to take away any emotional color blindness

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

He deserves a medal ? Even car park attendants wear medals so he can one like them

Even dear YK defender of the North has a chestful of medals

Don't forget to add Poo and the drunk to the arrest warrants while you're at it. They did order the crackdown that claimed lives also. After all, as PM Poo said, there shouldn't be a double standard. rolleyes.gif

I may be wrong (I often am) but I think the main legal difference is that Suthep ordered and had "live fire zones" set up, which seems to almost ensure people will get shot.

As an example ... If I order someone to throw a rock off a bridge and it kills someone, would I not be implicated in their murder?

If I order someone to fix a bridge and a rock drops and it kills someone, am I still implicated in a murder?

Was there a crackdown during both times? Yes.

Did people die during both times? Yes.

After the live fire zones were established, the red protestors were warned not to go in there. At least they were given a warning. In essence, to make it sound cold, they got themselves killed.

• Like 1

Case I yes a murder

Case 2 possibly man slaughter it would depend on your accountability in the chain of events

• Like 1

After the live fire zones were established, the red protestors were warned not to go in there. At least they were given a warning. In essence, to make it sound cold, they got themselves killed.

Nice spin ... Was I wrong in what I said about the difference between the actions?

Exactly

If the army has a test firing range, you are told not to go onto said firing range, but you don't listen and go anyway and get exploded by an RPG-7, army's fault ?....

Case I yes a murder

Case 2 possibly man slaughter it would depend on your accountability in the chain of events

Case 2 in most countries would return accidental death unless negligence could be proven.

At least you could understand what I was getting at ... They are different cases and circumstances ... Both involve a bridge, a rock and a death.

• Like 1

Exactly

If the army has a test firing range, you are told not to go onto said firing range, but you don't listen and go anyway and get exploded by an RPG-7, army's fault ?....

The people were already there ... It would be the army's fault if they set up a firing range with a village in the middle of it.

• Like 1

Nice spin ... Was I wrong in what I said about the difference between the actions?

One had live fire zones and gave warnings to the protestors they'd be shot if they violated the live fire zones. The other sent their troops in without any warnings and killed protestors without any warning whatsoever. Yes you're right, there is a difference.