Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

Have someone smash your Ipad and toss it in the ocean, and then try to find it.

But I do do think much more could be done in the way of beacons. Having a few floating devices that jettison like an airbag on impact, or on command, that phone home by sat phone until they are found is one possibility.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It appears the Malaysian officials are saying as little as possible. They've realized that every time they made an announcement, western journalists will poke holes in it. Domestically, Malaysian officialdom had been used to making pronouncements, and then expecting all Malaysians to either believe their dictates, or keep their mouths shut. It doesn't happen that way on the world stage.

Questions we still don't have answers to:

>>> Who did the pilot talk to on his mobile phone, while taxiing to take-off on that final flight? What did he say?

>>> What do his emails say in the month prior?

>>> Why did Malaysian defense forces with high quality radar, do such an abysmal job? And why did they let the search go on for days south of Vietnam, when they (and Thai radar) had strong indications the plane went west and south?

It's still galling that, in the waning hours of the pings from the black box, that a Chinese search ship claimed they heard pings, which thereby prompted a NZ search vessel with far superior equipment, to go over and verify the Chinese data. The NZ ship wasted 2 days talking to the Chinese about their false readings, when the NZ ship could have been searching the #1 target area.

But I do do think much more could be done in the way of beacons. Having a few floating devices that jettison like an airbag on impact, or on command, that phone home by sat phone until they are found is one possibility.

Point taken..

Floating beacons makes sense.

Sailors on the Ocean use GPS. Yachts can be tracked. Nothing similar in the aviation world?

Point taken..

Sailors on the Ocean use GPS. Yachts can be tracked. Nothing similar in the aviation world?

The only way it would be useful in this case is if the beacons are tethered to the aircraft. Otherwise they will drift a very long way from the aircraft in a few days. Drift currents for the ocean I believe is around ?? But 4500 meters of tethering cable is a lot of cable.

Point taken..

The only way it would be useful in this case is if the beacons are tethered to the aircraft. Otherwise they will drift a very long way from the aircraft in a few days. Drift currents for the ocean I believe is around ?? But 4500 meters of tethering cable is a lot of cable.

Not so, the devices would be texting home their location plus the location of impact.

Which would give a very good trail to follow for floating debris and a precise location to start the search for whatever sank.

Edited by canuckamuck

• May 08, 2014 05:31
  • By Chris Richards
  • MH370: Black box 'pings' may actually have come from satellite tracking devices tagged to marine animals

Archaeologist William Meacham wrote: "For several decades, pingers with frequencies of 30 to 50kHz have been commonly used to track large, deep ocean animals."

Reuters MH370-search.jpg
Search goes on: MH370 is still missing two months on

The 'pings' thought to have emanated from missing Flight MH370's black box recorders might actually have come from satellite tracking devices tagged to marine animals such as sharks and turtles, it has been claimed.

The suggestion, put forward by archaeologist and writer William Meacham, raises the prospect that search authorities are looking in the wrong place for the plabe, which disappeared on March 8 with 239 people on board.

Writing in the Malaysian Insider, Mr Meacham, who is affiliated with the University of Hong Kong, said: "For several decades, pingers with frequencies of 30 to 50kHz have been commonly used to track large, deep ocean animals.

"Location and other data is transmitted to receivers in the ocean or to satellites whenever the animal surfaces.

"Acoustic pingers are also widely used as fishing net protectors, to drive away predators that would steal fish."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/mh370-black-box-pings-actually-3511000

The TV personality and psychic Uri Geller has been using remote viewing to help try and establish

what happened during the flight.

Remote viewing is when extra-sensory perception is used to seek

a distant or unseen target. Geller even tweeted to ask his Twitter followers to help him, asking them

to try and ‘see’ where they thought the plane went down. His own theory is that the pilot is key to

the reason why the plane went missing. He senses that the pilot was forced to divert the plane by

someone or something, or decided to do so himself. However, Geller has emphasised that this is his

personal opinion.

Meanwhile a psychic in Michigan called Kristy Robinett has detailed the vision she had around the

plane’s disappearance. She had a series of flash visions that told her that the plane’s disappearance

was deliberate and planned, that it wasn’t a suicide mission and that they had a place to land and

a crew on the ground to help them. She suggested that the plane is in a mountainous region with a

jungle-like landscape and that it was somewhere hot and humid with clear water near to it. Robinett

also suggested that several governments know more than the public is being told.

http://swns.com/news/psychic-theories-surrounding-missing-malaysian-plane-mh370-3-48559/

The TV personality and psychic Uri Geller has been using remote viewing to help try and establish

what happened during the flight.

Remote viewing is when extra-sensory perception is used to seek

a distant or unseen target. Geller even tweeted to ask his Twitter followers to help him, asking them

to try and ‘see’ where they thought the plane went down. His own theory is that the pilot is key to

the reason why the plane went missing. He senses that the pilot was forced to divert the plane by

someone or something, or decided to do so himself. However, Geller has emphasised that this is his

personal opinion.

Meanwhile a psychic in Michigan called Kristy Robinett has detailed the vision she had around the

plane’s disappearance. She had a series of flash visions that told her that the plane’s disappearance

was deliberate and planned, that it wasn’t a suicide mission and that they had a place to land and

a crew on the ground to help them. She suggested that the plane is in a mountainous region with a

jungle-like landscape and that it was somewhere hot and humid with clear water near to it. Robinett

also suggested that several governments know more than the public is being told.

http://swns.com/news/psychic-theories-surrounding-missing-malaysian-plane-mh370-3-48559/

Wow, impressive that Geller came up with the most likely scenario of the pilot being involved either voluntarily or involuntarily. And of course didn't say which pilot, or that it was the airline's pilots.

The headline mentions Geller and 'remote viewing', and then in the article he mentions 'it's just my personal opinion.' Which is it? I don't really care. Geller soiled himself when he was revealed to be a magician, while making big publicity splashes about being a psychic. In other words, if you're a magician, it's ok to bill yourself as a magician. You don't have to put yourself on the psychic pedestal, because psychic phenomena can't be proven scientifically, so it (and the perpetrator) gets demoted to hocus pocus level.

Notably, of all the most profound events in recent decades, such as 9-11, The death of Princess Di, the Boxer Day earthquake/tsunami in the Indian Ocean, the killing of Bin Laden. None of them were predicted in any detail by any psychics. Psychics are good at spin, but no better than you or me, at predicting anything with any precision.

The headline mentions Geller and 'remote viewing', and then in the article he mentions 'it's just my personal opinion.' Which is it? I don't really care. Geller soiled himself when he was revealed to be a magician, while making big publicity splashes about being a psychic. In other words, if you're a magician, it's ok to bill yourself as a magician. You don't have to put yourself on the psychic pedestal, because psychic phenomena can't be proven scientifically, so it (and the perpetrator) gets demoted to hocus pocus level.

Notably, of all the most profound events in recent decades, such as 9-11, The death of Princess Di, the Boxer Day earthquake/tsunami in the Indian Ocean, the killing of Bin Laden. None of them were predicted in any detail by any psychics. Psychics are good at spin, but no better than you or me, at predicting anything with any precision.

Never heard of a psychic repeatedly winning a lottery jackpot , same as there a no psychic healers working in the hospitals.

All show , and nice tricks

A more appropriate description for Geller would be 'a fraud'. If he was a magician holding himself out to be a psychic, he is no more than a fraud.

If he'd said right at the beginning that he was a magician, then he's a magician.

A more appropriate description for Geller would be 'a fraud'. If he was a magician holding himself out to be a psychic, he is no more than a fraud.

If he'd said right at the beginning that he was a magician, then he's a magician.

I remember when he was a "psychic" though he wasn't all that impressive. His asking for people to remote view this airplane seals the deal as a fraud. He's skirting back into psychic territory.

If his twitter followers start posting their visions, what is anyone to do with them? At least the other conspiracy theories can stand or fall on their claimed facts. No one can do anything with claimed remote viewing. What if they say, oh I see the parts on the ocean floor.

I remember when he was a "psychic" though he wasn't all that impressive. His asking for people to remote view this airplane seals the deal as a fraud. He's skirting back into psychic territory.

If his twitter followers start posting their visions, what is anyone to do with them? At least the other conspiracy theories can stand or fall on their claimed facts. No one can do anything with claimed remote viewing. What if they say, oh I see the parts on the ocean floor.

I can see it ,, its all black , or on the ocean floor or where it is night now ,, next

Geller ,, ? That spoon bending dude ?

Tbh. I think the pings possibly coming from marine animals is much more credible than anything Uri Geller spoon bender has to say about this matter.

I remain very sceptical that they are looking in the right place.

Having said that, it does look like Bluefin 21 was inadequate kit for the purpose.

Just how did he bend those spoons?

You really wanna know? He went on Johnny Carson at the height of his psychic success. Housewives were going nuts about him (like Thai bar girls do about any hansum young man).

One stickler: psychic debunker Randi was on the same show, and asked Carson to replace Gellers tray of spoons, with real spoons that you'd find on a table.

Uri tried tried and tried, but there on live TV he was revealed as a fraud. He couldn't bend any spoons. Not one mm. He said he had a headache. End of his 15 minutes of fame.

Never mind the spoons, looks like somebody did something fairly magical with a 777.

Quite extraordinary.

Any known whereabouts of David Copperfield lately ?

Last performance was Beijing.

Didn't fly out of KL though.

Never mind the spoons, looks like somebody did something fairly magical with a 777.

Quite extraordinary.

Any known whereabouts of David Copperfield lately ?

Last performance was Beijing.

Didn't fly out of KL though.

Beijing is China isn't it ?

The plot thickens.