motorbike taxi drivers mafia in pattaya .help with this

kranuan

i was just walking down street 10 minutes ago, i had bought a hotdog from 7-11 of which i threw one tiny bit of cucumber by the roadside, now i honestly did not for one minute think this as rubbish, i never would through a cola can etc by the roadside but it was a 1x1" pice of sliced cucumber, there was noone with say 10 metres, 1 taxi driver came over put his head to mine and tld me pick it up, i refused, he picked it up himself and threw it nto my bag, i told him that birds, ants or whatever would eat it, after all it was not paper etc, he was reaaly aggressive , given that i did not back down, next thing 10 taxi drivers came , i think they wete , one was some type of boss, i told him i was not some idiot and he would not speak to me like one. anyway situation was disfused only becase i had to walk away.

what can i do ? i would never behave to someone like that if in my country and i am beginning to hate thais for this. they are bully boys but one on one they are cowards.

sick of thai bully boy attitutes towards us and want do something about it. im a big guy, can handle myself , am prepared for one on one but why let these <deleted> treat us like this ? im just after a long illness but still im prepared to go back out and confront them.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really, how hilarious someone (OP) would consider "Taxi Drivers against Cucumbers" an organized crime group. They probably didn't care for another Farang tourist littering. Show some dignity & just pick it up.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Just as well there were no BiB about they would have hit him up for a Thb 2000 in fines as well

The more sad thing about the OP is that he has got in TV whinging about it and asking for advice rather pathetic

• Like 2

Although it was biodegradable rubbish, it was rubbish all the same. You would never have had the confrontation had you not thrown rubbish on the street. You would never have had the confrontation if you had accepted the first guy's criticism and picked up the rubbish you had thrown.

I would have stood over and criticised a foreign litterer in my country. How dare they come to my country, disrespect our customs, and then throw rubbish on the street to boot?!

I think the OP needs to show a bit more respect to the host.

This post has nothing to do with littering this is more to do with the sense of superiority some farangs think they have over the natives, how dare they tell a farang off.... Don't they know their place ?

But if the OP wants a hospital visit all because of a piece of cucumber, go for it, just another stupid farang with an attitude me thinks

if it is 10 taxi drivers,

he won't make it to the hospital

Although it was biodegradable rubbish, it was rubbish all the same. You would never have had the confrontation had you not thrown rubbish on the street. You would never have had the confrontation if you had accepted the first guy's criticism and picked up the rubbish you had thrown.

I would have stood over and criticised a foreign litterer in my country. How dare they come to my country, disrespect our customs, and then throw rubbish on the street to boot?!

This post has nothing to do with littering this is more to do with the sense of superiority some farangs think they have over the natives, how dare they tell a farang off.... Don't they know their place ?

But if the OP wants a hospital visit all because of a piece of cucumber, go for it, just another stupid farang with an attitude me thinks

Most likely not....but imagine the newspaper headline, foreigner kicked to death in Pattaya over altercation with a cucumber

Most likely not....but imagine the newspaper headline, foreigner kicked to death in Pattaya over altercation with a cucumber

Hahaha...that would stir up a whole new topic in itself.

Nobody is suggesting littering is admirable behavior. I don't do it just because it's bad behavior but sometimes I have to schlep a long time before coming across a trash can. Also I would just EAT cukes (but not hot dogs). But you're kidding yourself if you think this was about tossing some cuke.

• Like 2

Am 6 ft 4, 18 stone and got a black belt in death, am that hard even me nightmares are scared of me, am up for gettin a little firm together and waiten down a dark dusty soi, when one of them drops one of the boys off there we jump out and kick seven shades of kee out of him, see how they like it. Anybody fancy it?

• Like 1

Am 6 ft 4, 18 stone and got a black belt in death, am that hard even me nightmares are scared of me, am up for gettin a little firm together and waiten down a dark dusty soi, when one of them drops one of the boys off there we jump out and kick seven shades of kee out of him, see how they like it. Anybody fancy it?

Such an attitude, if such violence conducted against a Thai national will either have you blackballed from the country or have you thrown in prison. Though were are all in awe about your "power".

Sarcasm is bliss to the less witty, however back to OP. I think you have your answer.

sorry forgot you prefared the cucumber up the arse scenario.

Off topic, ending this pissing match. Last words, if you did have all these skills & strengths, one of such would never have to announce it to all, unless the said brain was smaller than average. If indeed a black belt you've a lot to learn about the strategy of fight & defense.

Off topic, ending this pissing match. Last words, if you did have all these skills & strengths, one of such would never have to announce it to all, unless the said brain was smaller than average. If indeed a black belt you've a lot to learn about the strategy of fight & defense.

this small brains gettin to you by the look of it, jai yen my mate am only 5'2, just avin a laugh..

How dare you defile this pristine city in their county with organic matter to feed insects and perhaps even a soi dog? For this element, fights are ENTERTAINMENT. You're lucky you got out of that without injury. You would be totally crazy to attempt any kind of followup. For those who doubt the racial angle.

Did the OP do it on the grounds of feeding the local insect or dog brigade, I doubt it, but pure laziness in defiling the locale.

Nobody is suggesting littering is admirable behavior. I don't do it just because it's bad behavior but sometimes I have to schlep a long time before coming across a trash can. Also I would just EAT cukes (but not hot dogs). But you're kidding yourself if you think this was about tossing some cuke.

Please explain then,when I have walked the streets of all manner of places including Ubon, Bangers, and Pattaya, day, night and early morning, why I don't get myself into bother I can't talk myself out of.

If someone says I am an incidental tourist and not a full time resident, I will scream, but it will be a typical response

I am not entirely sure certain individuals are going to understand that...........

Are you sure it wasn't gherkin?? Usuaully it is gherkin that is thrown away, because no-one on this earth likes gherkin, and it is is only served with your takeaway so as to enable witty conversation with the locals as you eject it...

Are you sure it wasn't gherkin?? Usuaully it is gherkin that is thrown away, because no-one on this earth likes gherkin, and it is is only served with your takeaway so as to enable witty conversation with the locals as you eject it...

The problem arose because it was a slice of the Thai sacred cucumber!

Cucumber is the most popular food in Thailand after chilli,fish sauce and msg.

Cucumber is served with everything.

My wife will quite happily eat one a day whereas i might eat one a month on salads.

The OP needs to be more respectful of the sacred cucumber in future.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Gherkin IS cucumber. But you may be right.