cbr1000rr low prices here for good

yankee99

^ Could be, seems a lot of effort for Honda making a one off deal outside of the normal regulations for one particular model (a model whose primary appeal is power) while selling all their other bikes (VFR1200 etc) at full spec - but I wouldn't rule it out - stranger things have happened in LOS.

• Like 1

The price makes me think they're not dumping bikes, but have instead worked out some sort of deal with the Thai government, perhaps based on the lower power output (in the same way that cars are taxed according to power and engine displacement).

The CBR1000RR is nearly 460K baht (1,468,800 yen) in Japan- with current import taxes, they should go for about 775K in LOS, which is in line with the literbikes from other Japanese manufacturers. I doubt they're bringing them in just to make no profit or even take a loss.

Thai - Japanese trade agreement has dropped the custom taxes  step by step last 3- 4 years and it will be full effect in 2015.

That is the reason of the cheaper price all i know. same as cheaper Suzuki Vstrom. Next year, actually custom taxes will be much more less and hope all Japanese makers drop the prices of their imported bikes from Japan.

normally, we have to see a a price drop again next year but as Honda did, they updated their prices during the last half of 2013 although the taxes dropped before!

As you stated, the agreement of Honda with Thai government makes more sense. But escaping from bad publicity by the dead or injured Thai guys on cbr1000rr s is my guess:) followed by emission rules here.

Edited by ll2

LL have you asked the main guy at bigwing if they can get/order you a full spec bike.
And not that it helps you but cbr 1000 rr now available 5 years interest free credit in the UK,they have 5 or 6 different models listed I'm guessing it just different colour schemes and with or without abs,is the Thai model abs Edited by taninthai

The price makes me think they're not dumping bikes, but have instead worked out some sort of deal with the Thai government, perhaps based on the lower power output (in the same way that cars are taxed according to power and engine displacement).

The CBR1000RR is nearly 460K baht (1,468,800 yen) in Japan- with current import taxes, they should go for about 775K in LOS, which is in line with the literbikes from other Japanese manufacturers. I doubt they're bringing them in just to make no profit or even take a loss.

Thai - Japanese trade agreement has dropped the custom taxes  step by step last 3- 4 years and it will be full effect in 2015.

That is the reason of the cheaper price all i know. same as cheaper Suzuki Vstrom. Next year, actually custom taxes will be much more less and hope all Japanese makers drop the prices of their imported bikes from Japan.

normally, we have to see a a price drop again next year but as Honda did, they updated their prices during the last half of 2013 although the taxes dropped before!

As you stated, the agreement of Honda with Thai government makes more sense. But escaping from bad publicity by the dead or injured Thai guys on cbr1000rr s is my guess:) followed by emission rules here.

Honda will lower its prices mid of 2015. Got this info from BigWing itself.

• Like 1

LL have you asked the main guy at bigwing if they can get/order you a full spec bike.
And not that it helps you but cbr 1000 rr now available 5 years interest free credit in the UK,they have 5 or 6 different models listed I'm guessing it just different colour schemes and with or without abs,is the Thai model abs

it is abs model tanin and they dont order a full spec claiming emission regulations.

Honda will lower its prices mid of 2015. Got this info from BigWing itself.

Lower prices are always good but...weird a BW tells folks that prices will drop
....Kind of cutting their own throats on existing models eh?
But nice of them to let you know wink.png Edited by mania
  • Like 1