Abhisit urges the government and PDRC to hold talks

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

About time he's stepped up to the plate, I like this guy, and I'd love to see the Democrats take over from the PTP, right now is the time to strike while the Iron is hot and capitalise on the waning support of the PTP I know this is maybe in breach of forum rules here but "Carpe Diem" Abhisit..start making your moves now

What you don't need is a reform panel selected by the PTP, unfortunately even with waning support , the PTP would win and it will be business a usual , riding rough shod over the country and nothing achieved.

So what you're saying basically is that the majority of the Thai voting public would still produce a majority vote for the PTP that would put them back in power?

Isn't that not supposed top\ be what holding elections are all about? He who has the most votes wins?? Seems like that's been the way a vote works since the time of its conception wink.png

Surely its the voice of the people that counts??? Or not when it's Thailand??

That's true but all democracies have rules that control the actions of parliament. These are overseen by the courts. In Thailand these courts are seen as being biased. There may be some truth in this although a lot of this seems to be based only on the decisions that go the 'wrong' way.

Now if you just have another election and the PTP win they will, based on their previous actions do something unnecessary that will bring in the courts and if the decision goes against them the courts will be accused of siding with the Dems. If the PTP try to change the make up of the courts on their own there's a fair chance they will end up being filled with Shin family members because that's the way they work or the courts will stop them. Back to the bias accusations.

If the Dems win they probably won't change the courts and if they do they will be accused of doing for their own benefit.

At the moment there it seems very likely that PTP are to some extent controlled by Thaksin who regardless of what his supporters think is, in the eyes of the Thai law a criminal with a jail sentence and a few other cases to be heard. There's a very definite conflict of interest there which needs dealing with. He could have just kept out of politics of course but it seems his party are so full of poor politicians that they can't operate without him and the best choice for PM was Thaksin's sister who had no experience of politics.

I don't like the PTP but it would be interesting to see how they would cope without Thaksin. Maybe they'd do better job if they were able to think for themselves.

There needs to be reform without one side or the other having complete control but there also needs to be some mechanism to run the country whilst the reforms are taking place.

• Like 1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About time he's stepped up to the plate, I like this guy, and I'd love to see the Democrats take over from the PTP, right now is the time to strike while the Iron is hot and capitalise on the waning support of the PTP I know this is maybe in breach of forum rules here but "Carpe Diem" Abhisit..start making your moves now

WOW Long Haggis. Words fail me!!!

• Like 2

WOW Long Haggis. Words fail me!!!

Yes indeed, I read it three times and had to think maybe FH is at last posting seriously. Well done FH clap2.gif

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Go back to london.It' your placey our place.

This guy can't even control the message coming from his own party, peanut that he is.

He sold his soul after the 2008 coup, and then planned the murder in the streets of his own citizens - too many Thais just flat out hate him

He is better off retiring to focus on his fiction career (i.e. write a follow up to his fanciful garbage filled novel The Simple Truth).

The Democrats will never again crack 10 million votes and Thaksin backed parties will most likely break 16 million in the near future.

Hence the threats to boycott.

As far as Thailand is concerned, the future is pure Red.

Scurry off back to London, loser.

------------------

Go back to London. It's your place.

They shouldn't wink.png I've said all along that Abhisit in my mind was the right choice to make good of all of this, you just couldn't read these parts due to the massive boner you have for Thaksin lol wink.png

I've said quite often that I favour neither yellows or reds, and that I much prefered Abhisit to be more vocal, and set out his own plans for the future biggrin.png

Still doesn't change my views or opinions on Suthep, or Thaksin, both are megalomaniacs, both are self serving throbbers..

Edited by Fat Haggis
  • Like 2

Abhisit and his party need Suthep and the Suthep organization. In case you forgot, Suthep is the face of the Demcorat party in the hub of corruption, the Krabi-Phuket-Nahkson-Si Thammarat- Surat Thani region. Without Suthep's blessing, there will be no money, no volunteers for political activity, and not a high turnout of voters. Suthep is in control of the Democrat party's destiny and he may not be willing to step aside in favour of someone he obviously has no use for. Suthep is a man who worked his way up, who built the southern strength of the party. Abhisit, a man who aside from a short few months as a lecturer, never had a real job outside of the district he was parachuted into as an MP. It's Suthep, who has the connection with the people, not Abhisit. If Suthep, steps aside, it will be done at an enormous cost to Abhisit and will hang like a millstone around Abhisit's neck.

The PTP support will be galvanised by the CC ruling. PTP supporters who were unwilling to vote in the last election, will come out to vote in the new election, while Democrat supporters may continue to sit at home. The Democrats gambled again, and they will lose again.

• Like 2

He is Thai. He was born in Britain because that's where his mother was at the time. It happens all the time for people working for their government overseas. He was educated in Britain as well but that just gives him a wider view of things. he's probably more honest than a lot of the Thai politicians. His problem is that he's surrounded by dishonest Thai born politicians.

Before you start casting doubts over people for being upper class and not born or educated in Thailand remember the king wasn't either and he seems to have turned out a lot better than those that were born and educated here.

Isnt everyone born in tehir birthplace because "that`s where their mother was" laugh.png Would be difficult to be elsewhere when your head is emerging from her delicate parts. Hes a dual citizen btw, which is my point about American Presidents.

He isn`t honest and his term in office was a disaster. He`s just a different side of the same shitty coin that Yingluck, only hes an annoying Eton accent.

As for the King analogy an honest answer would get me potentially imprisoned.

Yes that was my point he didn't really have a choice. It happens all the time for diplomats and the armed services of some countries but he's still Thai because his parents were.

I can't comment on your point about American Presidents as you don't seem to have made one. If your point was that someone has to be an American citizen to become President then I'm not sure if they have to be born in the USA or a US citizen.

Sorry about the reference to the king. I try to avoid it as it can't be disagreed with but the point is he wasn't born here or educated here but that doesn't stop him being Thai. It also doesn't stop Abhisit being Thai either even with dual citizenship.

Abhisit has hid during the turmoil. When he was needed, and when the opportunity was there for him to show leadership, he did nothing.

Abhisit is powerless and subject to powerful factions within his party. The electorate sees that, despite all the wishful plans proposed by foreigners in the TVF. Abhisit will never be elected PM of Thailand, He cannot attract, nor build the support. He does not have a personal power base, like SUthep has in the south or the PTP has in the north. Abhisit is an irrelevant man in search of relevance. If the knives do not come out for him within the party, they will after his next devastating election defeat.

Still think the Dems should get a Thai guy to be their leader rather than this English toff.

That Singha bird would be easy to watch

Abhisit is as Thai as Thaksin, bearing in mind that both families roots are actually non Thai...... Abhisit's being from Vietnam and Thaksin's from China. The real difference between them is that Abhisit is better educated and better qualified but you can't blame him for that..

This guy can't even control the message coming from his own party, peanut that he is.

He sold his soul after the 2008 coup, and then planned the murder in the streets of his own citizens - too many Thais just flat out hate him

He is better off retiring to focus on his fiction career (i.e. write a follow up to his fanciful garbage filled novel The Simple Truth).

The Democrats will never again crack 10 million votes and Thaksin backed parties will most likely break 16 million in the near future.

Fancy a little wager on that? Id say the numbers reversed, 8m for the reds and 16m for the Demo's

(in the next free and fair election with both parties contesting)

With both parties able to campaign in all areas in the North & North East with zero intimidation?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Why should he go back to London? He's Thai, was born in Newcastle and educated at Eton and Oxford. None of those are in London although Eton is the closest.

Perhaps you could enlighten me as to how he planned the murder in the streets of his own citizens as I've never of this and of course if he did it never happened.

Dear DishonestLoudBob: We have seen all your posts in support of Thaksin - a support that flies in the face of basic common sense and humanity. You may, or may not, be a poster paid to express support for the Reds, but in doing so you are adding to the dishonest nature of Thai politics and the scam that is being perpetrated on the Thai people by the Shinawatra Clan. Here you have a man who is not only a serial liar but also a human rights violator. In my humble opinion and the available evidence, Thaksin is as bad as you can get. Given a free reign he would be a dictator that would crush any opposition (as his reds try to now) and run Thailand in an offensive and dictatorial manner. Look at what happened in Myanmar-Burma over the years and understand the nature of SEAsian people that allows such a tyranny to take place. Well, as for Abihisit, he is no more English than my Thai wife. Yes, he was educated in England, but Thaksin had an education in America. Does this make Thaksin American? Sadly, you see, calling Abihisit 'English' is yet another twist that has recently been ordered and designed by Robert Amsterdam who is a man without scruples or an ounce of humanity. Abihisit is loved by many people in this country and those with any nouse whatsoever understand the way that he has been demonised by Thaksin and his reds on Thaksin instructions. Just take the last full election. Every, and I mean every, poster showing Thaksin in Thailand was defaced during those elections. They simply cut his face out of the posters nationwide in an attempt to demonise him further. (Hardly a democratic action, eh?) But Abihisit remains solid and is a good man. He has not run away from the accusations made against him - your hero Thaksin ran off at the first opportunity rather than face his legal charges. I am sorry Bob, you are adding to the misery of the Thai people and you may well be a Judas, adding to other people's misery for a few bob. I feel sorry for you.

One man, One vote.

Any political organisation or movement that does not have this as their first and most cherished principle is crooked.

The people of this nation have lived under the yoke of oppression from the ruling classes for long enough.

They will do so no more!

The entire world admires and respects the fight that the poor of Thailand have shown, over many decades, to win control of their own country for the first time in its long and sordid history.

It is a victory that will not be relinquished. Not to the military, not to the courts and most certainly not to a toad such as Suthep.

Hallelujah and amen

Edited by HonestQuietBob

I do not care which party wins the next election.
For my children (and all have a Thai passport) , I have 5 wishes, that:
1. only honest people at the next election be allowed.
2. no criminals and corrupt people get into the next parliament and government.
3. there is an obligation of transparency, so that the public can see what the representatives of the people
plan to do with the state money and how it was used.
4. all murders, grenade-, bombs and firearms shooters go into prison.
5. all who have stolen the state money have to go to jail and their assets are confiscated.

Fancy a little wager on that? Id say the numbers reversed, 8m for the reds and 16m for the Demo's

(in the next free and fair election with both parties contesting)

With both parties able to campaign in all areas in the North & North East with zero intimidation?

That would lead to a more free and fair election, yes.

Abhisit has hid during the turmoil. When he was needed, and when the opportunity was there for him to show leadership, he did nothing.

Abhisit is powerless and subject to powerful factions within his party. The electorate sees that, despite all the wishful plans proposed by foreigners in the TVF. Abhisit will never be elected PM of Thailand, He cannot attract, nor build the support. He does not have a personal power base, like SUthep has in the south or the PTP has in the north. Abhisit is an irrelevant man in search of relevance. If the knives do not come out for him within the party, they will after his next devastating election defeat.

Agreed. He's done. Too many people hate him. He appeara to be in denial about this.

The Dems need a Yingluck.

3. there is an obligation of transparency, so that the public can see what the representatives of the people

5. all who have stolen the state money have to go to jail and their assets are confiscated.

The leaders of both parties will not allow any of your 5 wishes to come true.

Only an adherance to the principle of 1 man, 1 vote can lead the country down the path that will one day enable all 5 wishes to come mostly true

This is sad but true.

Agreed. He's done. Too many people hate him. He appeara to be in denial about this.

The Dems need a Yingluck.

... but a Yingluck who can think independently, answer questions thrown at her without the need of a script, attend parliament sessions and put forward policies with reasonable debate and conviction and someone who is willing to lead by example and follow the law...

... so the Democrats need someone like Yingluck but nothing like Yingluck

Dear DishonestLoudBob: We have seen all your posts in support of Thaksin - a support that flies in the face of basic common sense and humanity. You may, or may not, be a poster paid to express support for the Reds, but in doing so you are adding to the dishonest nature of Thai politics and the scam that is being perpetrated on the Thai people by the Shinawatra Clan. Here you have a man who is not only a serial liar but also a human rights violator. In my humble opinion and the available evidence, Thaksin is as bad as you can get. Given a free reign he would be a dictator that would crush any opposition (as his reds try to now) and run Thailand in an offensive and dictatorial manner. Look at what happened in Myanmar-Burma over the years and understand the nature of SEAsian people that allows such a tyranny to take place. Well, as for Abihisit, he is no more English than my Thai wife. Yes, he was educated in England, but Thaksin had an education in America. Does this make Thaksin American? Sadly, you see, calling Abihisit 'English' is yet another twist that has recently been ordered and designed by Robert Amsterdam who is a man without scruples or an ounce of humanity. Abihisit is loved by many people in this country and those with any nouse whatsoever understand the way that he has been demonised by Thaksin and his reds on Thaksin instructions. Just take the last full election. Every, and I mean every, poster showing Thaksin in Thailand was defaced during those elections. They simply cut his face out of the posters nationwide in an attempt to demonise him further. (Hardly a democratic action, eh?) But Abihisit remains solid and is a good man. He has not run away from the accusations made against him - your hero Thaksin ran off at the first opportunity rather than face his legal charges. I am sorry Bob, you are adding to the misery of the Thai people and you may well be a Judas, adding to other people's misery for a few bob. I feel sorry for you.

One man, One vote.

Any political organisation or movement that does not have this as their first and most cherished principle is crooked.

The people of this nation have lived under the yoke of oppression from the ruling classes for long enough.

They will do so no more!

The entire world admires and respects the fight that the poor of Thailand have shown, over many decades, to win control of their own country for the first time in its long and sordid history.

It is a victory that will not be relinquished. Not to the military, not to the courts and most certainly not to a toad such as Suthep.

Hallelujah and amen

What utter and absolute nonsense Bob. The poor have not fought for anything, it's not even in the Thai nature to fight for your rights. And you know why? Because those with money, or more money than the poor, can control things so easily here. Look how many environmental campaigners have been assassinated! There is more of a yoke of oppression from Thaksin. He's after control, money and power for himself at the expense of the masses. You've got the message wrong, dear boy. I'm working class, I have a history of fighting for the rights of people who have had their rights stolen from them by the ruling classes. That's why I'm fighting the monster from Dubai. One of the worst criminals in SE Asian history who cohorts with known democrats such as the Generals in Burma, the oppressive Hun Sen in Cambodia and ultra right wing organisations such as Chatham House and others. The poor here have been used and abused for years. Indeed the only person to have shown any care and humanity towards them is Thailand's King with projects that have been of benefit to thousands of the dispossessed. You are backing the wrong horse, laddie and I don't believe your words.

Utter and absolute nonsense it is not.

The poor have not fought for anything?

This is the utter and absolute nonsense

Try telling it to the families of those cold bloodily slain in the streets by their own military.

No more coups!

Only 1 man, 1 vote,

And then freedom shall reign.

Edited by HonestQuietBob

Only an adherance to the principle of 1 man, 1 vote can lead the country down the path that will one day enable all 5 wishes to come mostly true

This is sad but true.

The criminals have the country in a stranglehold.
I hope Thailand can get rid of these dishonest politicians and civil servants.
Hopefully the honest people can prevail.

This is sad but true.

Yes elections are good, with some little changes:
They must urgently change the law that exclude all persons from the Parliament, from electoral lists and from civil servant posts, which
a have criminal records.
b running free on bail (mandatory suspension until the sentence in the last instance is present)
c were already banned from parliament in the past.
d against are corruption / crime cases opened (mandatory suspension until the sentence in the last instance is present)
No criminals and/or corrupt people in government, parliament or as a civil servant!

Then an election make sence.

Edited by tomacht8

Yes, I think probable he is the only decent politician Thailand has, that is the problem, the corrupt politicians see him as a threat to their way of life and they have and will continue to use every underhand means to kick him down every time he stands up.

The problem is he's not able to order sausages for a weekend bbq. A politician without a decent economic policy!

Yes, I think probable he is the only decent politician Thailand has, that is the problem, the corrupt politicians see him as a threat to their way of life and they have and will continue to use every underhand means to kick him down every time he stands up.

The problem is he's not able to order sausages for a weekend bbq. A politician without a decent economic policy!

He's a politician with absolutely no principles, vision or charisma. He is basically unelectable. Nice guy though.

I can't comment on your point about American Presidents as you don't seem to have made one.

I did, you just dont seem to get it.

In the USA a president cannot have dual citizenship. Abhisit is a British citizen and if Thailand had similar rules to the USA he would be barred from being PM.

Did Abhsit say something?

He is busy NOT PARTICIPATING, so why on earth should anyone give two hoots what he has to say about it.

Like it or not, hes still the leader of the oldest Political party in Thailand not to mention the opposition party during the last tenure of government.

He is busy NOT PARTICIPATING, so why on earth should anyone give two hoots what he has to say about it.

Like it or not, hes still the leader of the oldest Political party in Thailand not to mention the opposition party during the last tenure of government.

Democrat Party is a dead man walking.

Suthep has destroyed what was left of it.

Any minute now someone is going to flick the life support switch and end its horrific existence.

Hopefully the vacuum created by its passing allows a decent and credible organisation to be established and maybe even flourish in its place.

Thailand needs a strong opposition to reign in the possibility of any sort Red extremism developing.

• Like 1

For a bit, until they don't stand in the next election. He can say what he likes, I don't think too many people are listening. In fact, Sutep has probably been on the phone to tell him to butt out and let the big boys have their fun.