Cybercafe 'resident' Dies At His Screen

george

Cybercafe 'resident' dies at his screen

TAIPEI, TAIWAN: -- A Taiwanese jobless man died after spending three months in an Internet cafe, a newspaper reported Saturday.

Hsu Tai-yang, 37, entered the RS Cyber Cafe at Tamsui outside Taipei on March 8 and never left, the China TImes said. He died in his seat on Monday after complaining he could not breathe, the report said.

Doctors said he died from heart failure, probably as a result of fatigue, lack of sleep and inhaling the smoke-filled air.

The cafe owner said that in the past three months, Hsu had played video games, ate instant noodles, smoked and chewed betel nuts, the newspaper said.

Hsu did not get along with his wife, so he did not want to go home, the report said.

-- DPA 2006-06-03

TAIPEI, TAIWAN: -- A Taiwanese jobless man died after spending three months in an Internet cafe, a newspaper reported Saturday.

Hsu Tai-yang, 37, entered the RS Cyber Cafe at Tamsui outside Taipei on March 8 and never left, the China TImes said. He died in his seat on Monday after complaining he could not breathe, the report said.

Doctors said he died from heart failure, probably as a result of fatigue, lack of sleep and inhaling the smoke-filled air.

The cafe owner said that in the past three months, Hsu had played video games, ate instant noodles, smoked and chewed betel nuts, the newspaper said.

Hsu did not get along with his wife, so he did not want to go home, the report said.

-- DPA 2006-06-03

What was his TV name? :o

-- DPA 2006-06-03

What was his TV name? :o

Please, Lamps, no need.

TD surely......... :D

redrus

When I was in Korea a few years ago this was a big problem with online gamers who wouldn't eat or drink because they were too involved in their games.

My father in law had a low tech version of this problem after he fell and was hospitalised after an all day and half the night chess session. :o

cv

When I was in Korea a few years ago this was a big problem with online gamers who wouldn't eat or drink because they were too involved in their games.

My father in law had a low tech version of this problem after he fell and was hospitalised after an all day and half the night chess session. :o

cv

And this, and the whole thread are related to Thailand how?

''It's not that we don't appreciate the contribution, but there have been just too many non-Thai threads in here lately.''

Edited by MarkBKK

My father in law had a low tech version of this problem after he fell and was hospitalised after an all day and half the night chess session. :D

cv

''It's not that we don't appreciate the contribution, but there have been just too many non-Thai threads in here lately.''

Maybe just not enough news in LOS now, you're welcome to add Thai flava news too.

Or you could just get over it..... :o:D

redrus

My father in law had a low tech version of this problem after he fell and was hospitalised after an all day and half the night chess session. :D

cv

Maybe just not enough news in LOS now, you're welcome to add Thai flava news too.

redrus

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71243&hl=

cv

redrus

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71243&hl=

:D Have a drink fella..... :D I'm with ya.....

cv

Well.. seeying as everyone in Uk always asks me about my wife in Taiwan...and whats the weather like in Taiwan... :o

totster :D

Well, I mean, surely by now, thailand has become a Hub for Internet, computers, internet gaming and all. If, indeed this is so, than any gamer dying at his screen any where around the world is print worthy of thai related Tv.com.

Well the Thai authorities have been trying to keep kids out of the cafes

at certain hours to stop this happening.

So I would think there is some relevance!!

The moderators will be watching over the most prolific TV posters. :o

A new business idea? ... "Lie Down Internet Cafe" - provide the patrons with couches, and you might be able to squese an extra day's charges out of them before they pass away.