Global Cyber Attack - Any Local Victims?

NanLaew

The story is here.

Anyone in LOS witnessed any bottlenecking.... beyond whatever is the norm for their chosen connection?

Fingers are being pointed at 'disgruntled Russian ISP's' which shows a supremely professional way to display your ire.

My email ISP is AT&T in the US and they use Spamhaus to block spamming emails. Over the years, I have frequently had email sent from my laptop blocked with a pop-up directing me to Spamhaus and instructing me that my IP address has been blocked. My main internet is 3BB but I have also seen it less frequently when using my AIS 3G+ dongle when roaming. I seldom see it when outside of Thailand. I used to go to Spamhaus and flag it for unblocking which would follow fairly quickly but usually, I just open my VPN and resend the message. Either way, the original blocked ISP appears to be unblocked by Spamhaus some time in the ensuing 12-24 hours if I don't do anything so either it's an automatic process of someone else sends a request to remove the block.

Edited by NanLaew

No blocked websites on TOT but Google and Gmail have been barely loading at 56k dial up speed.

No problems with any other websites but those two were crawling. I changed to DuckDuckGo for searching info.

My buddy mentioned the issue and the yahoo reference in conversation 2 days ago. I plugged the basic info into a google search and my bad, I saw a link with the 'most recent' date but I guess I still haven't gotten over the fact that it's 2014 already.... SORRY!

I will search again and see if there is something more recent or if my buddy's IT guru is as challenged as he is (and I appear to be)!