Yamaha and Honda oil changes

farang254

I change all oils every month on my Yamaha Nuovo irrespective of the mileage covered and get the bike checked over, plug, brakes etc at the same time and apart from tyres and the odd puncture never missed a beat in 4 years, oil and service is cheap enough.

the oil in my honda wave is the same for how many years even i dont remember nowlaugh.png possibly around 3 years and still fine.

just because it still can drive a few years after an oil change doesnt mean its "fine" ............glad youre not my mechanic biggrin.png

i also did not do any service for it for long yearsbiggrin.png

my wave 125x came from a relative of my gf and guy crashed it. So i paid if i dont remember wrong around 5000 thb to fix it all, engine/carb check and cleaning, fork, new rims, tires, chain, oil, fairing, front cowl, sonic 125 valves and piston and modified cut pipe etc and many more. Biggest cost was fork straightening and new springs for it etc.

my cousin came here for a holiday 4-5 years ago and i gave him the wave 125x so he went all the way to Lao border and traveled 3000 km and came back! Nothing I think he changed the chain and sprocket that time and that is all. No problems on teh bike, nothing!

hah, also i changed the spark plug like 2 years ago, it was the last thing i did. really dont remember when we last changed the oil but long time ago.

I am just testing how much torture can a honda wave can endure or are they destructible?laugh.png

and anyway, i dont lose anything as i can get 17 to 20 k anytime for it in whatever condition from the second hand bike guys at pak soi as clean greenbook matters for these bikes not the condition, you can fix anything on a wave for very very cheap anytime.

Edited by ll2

the oil in my honda wave is the same for how many years even i dont remember nowlaugh.png possibly around 3 years and still fine.

just because it still can drive a few years after an oil change doesnt mean its "fine" ............glad youre not my mechanic biggrin.png

Also doesn't mean it isn't fine!

its not hard to check ,you could probbaly run a bike on the same oil for 10+ years but that doesnt mean you should

i also did not do any service for it for long yearsbiggrin.png

my wave 125x came from a relative of my gf and guy crashed it. So i paid if i dont remember wrong around 5000 thb to fix it all, engine/carb check and cleaning, fork, new rims, tires, chain, oil, fairing, front cowl, sonic 125 valves and piston and modified cut pipe etc and many more. Biggest cost was fork straightening and new springs for it etc.

my cousin came here for a holiday 4-5 years ago and i gave him the wave 125x so he went all the way to Lao border and traveled 3000 km and came back! Nothing I think he changed the chain and sprocket that time and that is all. No problems on teh bike, nothing!

hah, also i changed the spark plug like 2 years ago, it was the last thing i did. really dont remember when we last changed the oil but long time ago.

I am just testing how much torture can a honda wave can endure or are they destructible?laugh.png

and anyway, i dont lose anything as i can get 17 to 20 k anytime for it in whatever condition from the second hand bike guys at pak soi as clean greenbook matters for these bikes not the condition, you can fix anything on a wave for very very cheap anytime.

Is that the same bike depicted in your avitar?

Send me you account number and I will transfer 140 baht so you can get a oil change.

You are an evil, evil man.

Evil.

• Like 2

its not hard to check ,you could probbaly run a bike on the same oil for 10+ years but that doesnt mean you should

no but conversely because the oil is old doesn't mean it is useless or that the engine is damaged.

It is entirely up to the individual that owns it. If he is happy then why should we not be ?

Edited by VocalNeal

For the record:

What is involved in a full service on such a bike, besides changing the oil and spark plug?

oil filter change.

valve gap check/adjustement (depending on will and temperature of the day)

brake pads/shoes and fluids check.

turn the weels to find any wobbling especially on spoked ones, tighten spokes as necessary and postpone rim replacement as common sense dictates

bulbs check and they are all working.

proper washing and waxing

a tour of the shop for any useless accessory and whine about their excesive cost for 50 Bt discount.

I try and change it annually.Last year I was lazy.So in the next few weeks I will go and do it.Usually around 1000-1500 miles.

That about right for supercars. On scooter, 5000 Km and yu're still thinking too much.

• Like 1

For the record:

What is involved in a full service on such a bike, besides changing the oil and spark plug?

Maybe not spark plug change.

Consult your owners manual.

You may need Thai translation help.

Online English versions are available for some models.

Checking brake fluid is good.

Don't forget to oil the kickstand hinge!

I change all oils every month on my Yamaha Nuovo irrespective of the mileage covered and get the bike checked over, plug, brakes etc at the same time and apart from tyres and the odd puncture never missed a beat in 4 years, oil and service is cheap enough.

I change all oils every day on my Yamaha Nuovo irrespective of the mileage covered and get the bike checked over, plug, brakes etc at the same time and after one year never missed a beat. Girl at the shop is cute enough.