Reinstated NSC chief Thawil could be prosecuted, Paradorn says

webfact

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW
Reinstated NSC chief could be prosecuted, Paradorn says

The Nation

30230287-01_big.jpg?1395966364799
Paradorn

BANGKOK: -- National Security Council secretary-general Thawil Pliensri risks being prosecuted for taking to the anti-government rally stage and may have a hard time working at the NSC, former secretary-general Lt-General Paradorn Pattanatabut said.

Paradorn made the remarks in an exclusive interview with Nation News Agency's Jeerapong Prasertpolkrung and Anapat Deechuay.

The Cabinet on Tuesday resolved to accept the Supreme Administrative Court's order that Thawil be reinstated to his post. The court had earlier ruled that caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's order to transfer him out of his post was unlawful.

Paradorn has now swapped positions with Thawil as prime minister's adviser on security.

Responding to the fact that Thawil is among 58 leaders of the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) who face summonses by police, Paradorn said the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) would have to take action against him in accordance with its authority, and prosecutors were likely to indict him.

"The government has the power to consider whether [Thawil's action] is a criminal offence or a disciplinary one," he said.

"Do not forget that the stage that he took to belongs to someone [PDRC leader Suthep Thaugsuban] who [allegedly] broke the law and faces arrest warrants."

Right after the court ruling on Thawil's reinstatement this month, Chalerm Yoobamrung director of the Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO), sidelined Thawil and said he would not have a role at the centre.

Paradorn said his new role involves screening policies on intelligence, security and the military proposed by Thawil to the government.

"Working in the security field, your boss must fully trust you, otherwise there will be problems or finally you cannot continue your work,'' Paradorn said.

Asked to comment about the frequent politically initiated transfers in the NSC, Paradorn said the Cabinet was empowered by the law to transfer government officials of Levels 10 and 11.

He said officials must follow the order since the people elect the government to run the country.

"If you respect the rules, you should not feel that it is not fair," he said. "Otherwise we must ban politicians from transferring high-ranking officials.''

Asked if he would take to a rally stage, Paradorn said he would definitely not.

"On the PDRC stage, no one else except Thawil did that," he said.

"There are Level 11 officials who see things differently from the government but they know they are bureaucrats who wear two hats … they are [also] civilians.

"They have to consider whether their speech touches on appropriate content. If they speak on content that causes conflicts with the government, then they must be cautioned. If they touch on issues on rights, then it is okay."

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-28

• Like 1

This is my favourite part: "The cabinet resolved on Tuesday to accept the Supreme Administrative Court's decision..." Ummm...I don't think they had a choice. Oh wait...

Sent from my GT-S7270 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Me thinks Paradorn forgot there isn't actually a government.

I think he also forgot that the court ruled that it was every Thai person's inalienable right to protest against what they see as a corrupt government, so, on what grounds do they believe they are going to be able to prosecute him?

You bet he'll have a hard time working at the NSC as I would think unofficial instructions have been sent around not to co-operate with him and do all possible to undermine him.

If such instructions do not exist I am sure that with the petty, vicious attitude of many in this government his colleagues will worry it will be hazardous to their own employment health to be seen welcoming him back.

It's bad enough to take PTP on but not only did he do so he WON !

>>>" I would think unofficial instructions have been sent around not to co-operate with him and do all possible to undermine him"

You bet.....Guaranteed...What in idiot foregoing a financial settlement thinking he can be reinstated and be functional, just to assist his PAD-Dem buddies in their political agenda's...."Not a snow-ball's chance in H..."

>>>"...If such instructions do not exist I am sure that with the petty, vicious attitude of many in this government his colleagues will worry it will be hazardous to their own employment health to be seen welcoming him back"

Such instructions do exist, and if I was his employer being forced to take him back by a biased judiciary, I would be the first to issue those instructions myself.....As an employer, ya gonna tolerate a guy like that in the ranks?...ya gotta be kidding.

"He won?"....I wonder if he will enjoy his victory, shunted aside werever he goes in the Govt. controlled bureaucracy, when he could have been sitting on easy street with a significant pay-out.

• Like 2

as he is sitting in a dimly-lit room, counting paper clips,

Can you please share with us where you saw this photo? Or is this just a figment of your imagination?

Based on my professional expertise......That is what happens when one reinstates someone 'involuntarily dismissed".......I know...Been there, done that!

When managing it on the side of the employer, I never considered the idiocy of reinstatement.

I offered two options...Reinstatement to a life of workplace harassment, if not be fellow employees, then by the employer, or a very handsome pay-out.......Guess what they chose!

To vilify the PTP for agendized purposes, just exposes one's inexperience in these matters.

Always remember, the Govt. of the day is the employer, the bureaucracy the employed.

If the bureaucracy in their arrogance doesn't understand that, than I have one word of advice, "ya play with the bull, ya get the horn".....

And that applies to both the PTP and the PAD-Dem's, if they could ever figure out how to win an election.

Edited by Fryslan boppe
  • Like 1

You bet he'll have a hard time working at the NSC as I would think unofficial instructions have been sent around not to co-operate with him and do all possible to undermine him.

If such instructions do not exist I am sure that with the petty, vicious attitude of many in this government his colleagues will worry it will be hazardous to their own employment health to be seen welcoming him back.

>>>" I would think unofficial instructions have been sent around not to co-operate with him and do all possible to undermine him"

You bet.....Guaranteed...What in idiot foregoing a financial settlement thinking he can be reinstated and be functional, just to assist his PAD-Dem buddies in their political agenda's...."Not a snow-ball's chance in H..."

>>>"...If such instructions do not exist I am sure that with the petty, vicious attitude of many in this government his colleagues will worry it will be hazardous to their own employment health to be seen welcoming him back"

Such instructions do exist, and if I was his employer being forced to take him back by a biased judiciary, I would be the first to issue those instructions myself.....As an employer, ya gonna tolerate a guy like that in the ranks?...ya gotta be kidding.

"He won?"....I wonder if he will enjoy his victory, shunted aside werever he goes in the Govt. controlled bureaucracy, when he could have been sitting on easy street with a significant pay-out.

At least he stood up for himself and won instead of rolling over and playing dead as from your post you would have

• Like 2

"Reinstatement is never considered a viable option by professionals."

It leaves yet another of the "Independant" agencies firmly under the control of the anti-democratic forces

As if the Thaksin's brother and pro-Thaksin government Paradorn was independent as NSC chief.

:cheesy:

Can you please share with us where you saw this photo? Or is this just a figment of your imagination?

Based on my professional expertise......That is what happens when one reinstates someone 'involuntarily dismissed".......I know...Been there, done that!

When managing it on the side of the employer, I never considered the idiocy of reinstatement.

I offered two options...Reinstatement to a life of workplace harassment, if not be fellow employees, then by the employer, or a very handsome pay-out.......Guess what they chose!

To vilify the PTP for agendized purposes, just exposes one's inexperience in these matters.

Always remember, the Govt. of the day is the employer, the bureaucracy the employed.

If the bureaucracy in their arrogance doesn't understand that, than I have one word of advice, "ya play with the bull, ya get the horn".....

And that applies to both the PTP and the PAD-Dem's, if they could ever figure out how to win an election.

it's true - compromise agreement and OUT (to spend that cash)

THAT is the way all professional companies I have worked for do it if a manager/employee is found to have a case

reinstatement is a no-no

• Like 1

At least he stood up for himself and won instead of rolling over and playing dead as from your post you would have

If I had been him, I would not have "rolled over and played dead" My strategy would have been to see how I could maximize a pay-out...I would never have considered the stupidity of reinstatement.

Which if you read my Post carefully, you will see that I considered it a very stupid thing to do......temporarily curry favour with his Political friends instead of a handsome pay-out....Dumb indeed.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"...may have a hard time working at the NSC,..."

Yeah....duh!

This guy really 'shot himself in the foot" by enlisting and/or allowing his PAD-Dem buddies talk him into fighting his "Involuntary dismissal", simply for the fleeting chance to embarrassing the Govt.....he allowed himself to be their pawn.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize that under these circumstances, re-instatement is an invitation to difficulties.....The bureaucracy, in spite of their 'illusions of grandeur" are beholden to the Govt. of the day......Ya don't bite the hand that feeds you.....

This guy should have simply negotiated a financial settlement and gotten on with his life. His PAD-Dem buddies cannot save him on a day-to-day basis, as he is sitting in a dimly-lit room, counting paper clips, or in this case being threatened with further legal action......A financial settlement would have put all of that to bed.....

Shows their inexperience when it comes to 'involuntary dismissals'....Reinstatement is never considered a viable option by professionals.

Your wrong.

The man has every right to protest & challenge, at law, his dismissal. You and I have the same rights.

Would you suggest paradon's latest commment (this thread) is free of political posturing and innuendo?

How come paradons latest statement come immediately after reports that thawil could possibly have the fake pm impeached?

Edited by scorecard

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Was he in the cabinet when the Rice scheme fiasco was implemented as well? and if so, will he also be indicted along with Yingluck and several others?

If he's guilty of anything he should be investigated and punished appropriately, same as all the puppets: yingluck, the red leaders / the ptp members.

• Like 1

"I offered two options...Reinstatement to a life of workplace harassment..."

Vindictive pettiness, no wonder you side with the Red Shirts.

• Like 2

Yeah....duh!

This guy really 'shot himself in the foot" by enlisting and/or allowing his PAD-Dem buddies talk him into fighting his "Involuntary dismissal", simply for the fleeting chance to embarrassing the Govt.....he allowed himself to be their pawn.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize that under these circumstances, re-instatement is an invitation to difficulties.....The bureaucracy, in spite of their 'illusions of grandeur" are beholden to the Govt. of the day......Ya don't bite the hand that feeds you.....

This guy should have simply negotiated a financial settlement and gotten on with his life. His PAD-Dem buddies cannot save him on a day-to-day basis, as he is sitting in a dimly-lit room, counting paper clips, or in this case being threatened with further legal action......A financial settlement would have put all of that to bed.....

Shows their inexperience when it comes to 'involuntary dismissals'....Reinstatement is never considered a viable option by professionals.

Your wrong.

The man has every right to protest & challenge, at law, his dismissal. You and I have the same rights.

Would you suggest paradon's latest commment (this thread) is free of political posturing and innuendo?

How come paradons latest statement come immediately after reports that thawil could possibly have the fake pm impeached?

"The man has every right to protest & challenge, at law, his dismissal. You and I have the same right".

Oh yes......I wouldn't dispute that for a minute.....Every 'involuntary dismissal" I was involved with, had a right of appeal. My job was in part, to make sure 'dismissals' were handled properly, so as to avoid problems at appeal....Many times an executive or manager came to my office wanting to fire a guy yesterday, without ever telling the him/her what the problem was....Not gonna happen.

So when one wins a "dismissal appeal", negotiations commence. If insistent about reinstatement, that could happen, although the employer could define where he/she was reinstated to. It never took much effort to dissuade someone from his/her notion of reinstatement.....But in this case as the saying goes "Where political motives walk in the door, common sense often walks out"

Any intelligent person would parlay that 'win' into a handsome payout. Why return to a toxic situation. Even if there is a political intent to foster confrontation and persecution in the workplace, with which to try and embarrass the Govt., using a friendly media who love that stuff. I hope he enjoys the daily hassle, instead of laying on a beach somewhere enjoying his payout.

Anyway, enough about an idiot firing and noise associated therewith. I'm glad to be finished with fighting Unions and judicial appeals.......Boring!

Edited by Fryslan boppe
  • Like 1

Yeah....duh!

Either all that, or......... He "Saw the writing on the wall." Pity you can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Like 1

The caretaker government and its supporters keep demanding that charges be filed against those who show disdain or speak out against them. In the meantime, they have spent over 2 years stripping the Thai treasury of everything that is not nailed down, broken so many laws and rules of governance that virtually every judicial and monitor group can pick and chose which unlawful acts/results to go after them on.

This government have 'mooned' the Thai public, with inpunity and now are being called to task for their actions, inactions, greed, and their complete disregard for the oath they gave upon assuming office.

You are wrong! They are also taking stuff that the Thai people (rice farmers for one group) thought was nailed down.

• Like 1

Methinks you are sitting in a dark room counting paperclips whenever you are not on TVF, or something similar to that. Whatever you do in your spare time, you obvioustly don't get out much.