2 Things I'm almost COMPLETELY fed up with

kimbathewhitelion

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the was...Thailand's lack of "fitness", gave me a small pot belly & derived me from all previous muscle. Thailand is the ABSOLUTE WORST COUNTRY FOR HEALTH and FITNESS.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

5555Ive heard Thailand blamed for a lot of things but your lack of fitness takes the cake,get down the gym you lazy slacker.

Relevant of things I'm fed up with.

Have to mention as I have a new neighbor in the high rise decently located Condo. A nice building about 2-3 years old & same amount in minutes walk to the BTS; but with the standard Thai/Western quality paper-mâché thin walls. Originally was shown the condo when there was only one neighbor, a work-alcoholic Thai who was rarely ever there. Also from what you'd expect from a middle class Thai, respectful & utmost courteous. TV, stereo, all noise either goes down to a minimum or is shut off by 10pm.

Now have a Farang just moved in (newly purchased) on the other side. Typical disrespectful, rude Farang. He started out with minor construction - hammering & drilling beginning at 8am & ending at 10 pm, all intermittent...took me forever to track down the unit & by that time it stopped. His first day was spent banging a bargirl...like a squealing pig however we know with bar girls, the louder they scream, the smaller the Johnston on the man...must be a Brit. His habits to TV, or loud sounds are simple to his culture...don't decrease the volume, don't shut it off, show absolutely no respect to others until it's time to pass out...must be a retiree.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

A Thai wife with her ungrateful, spoiled, selfish attitude & Microsoft XBOX, with either the intermittent Red light syndrome (have to go all the way to the US to get fixed)

Why do you have to go all the way back to the US to get your wife fixed? cant you get anyone here to do it?

Including the absolute idiot, "Nautilus05" - who tries to name themselves after exercise equipment & while jerking off to thyself in the mirror, still fantasying about "nothing wrong with it", "but wrong forum" muscles.

Ohhh, "Nautilus" is an exercise equipment? I didn't even know that. Seen the name somewhere else, and thought it sounded good.

Anyway, if anything, I would say it's more difficult to get fat in Thailand versus the West. This isn't exactly a climate where you want to eat steak & potatoes every night -- many times just a salad and some fruit will do. Otherwise, your colon and arteries will get all clogged up, and you'll sweat like crazy.

Not to mention, restaurants serve normal sized portions here, and don't super-size everything. Plus I guess depending on where you live, there isn't a McDonalds and Burger King every block -- you actually have to go out of your way to find them in most areas of Thailand.

Disagree. Hot weather, cold beers, and after a few of them, Burgers are less than half the price of UK. As is most western food.

Including the absolute idiot, "Nautilus05" - who tries to name themselves after exercise equipment & while jerking off to thyself in the mirror, still fantasying about "nothing wrong with it", "but wrong forum" muscles.

Ohhh, "Nautilus" is an exercise equipment? I didn't even know that. Seen the name somewhere else, and thought it sounded good.

Anyway, if anything, I would say it's more difficult to get fat in Thailand versus the West. This isn't exactly a climate where you want to eat steak & potatoes every night -- many times just a salad and some fruit will do. Otherwise, your colon and arteries will get all clogged up, and you'll sweat like crazy.

Not to mention, restaurants serve normal sized portions here, and don't super-size everything. Plus I guess depending on where you live, there isn't a McDonalds and Burger King every block -- you actually have to go out of your way to find them in most areas of Thailand.

Disagree. Hot weather, cold beers, and after a few of them, Burgers are less than half the price of UK. As is most western food.

However most, i.e. 95% or more, probably closer to 99% considering Thais don't know anything about preparing proper Western food from any of thus west countries, are overly fatty, bacterial infested or simply taste absolutely horrible, or closer destined to make you sick (younger people aside since stronger stomachs tend to come with youth); or the proper sanitary requirements in such foods or even close to the sauce tastes that make up any of those dishes, most are very cheap copies of the Americanized versions (bide you selling spoiled meat in a consumer business within Thailand is completely legal, maybe so off paper or easily said in reality.

In Thailand, the Italian food is among the top worst, then the American food (unbelievable in 50 plus years the Thai still hasn't figured out (with training & education) how to cook a steak; then English (fat spackled heart attack food), then everything else with the crap butter & cheese - it's on everything. Not leaving out the hydroponic (washed in the bacteria infested TAP water) green salads, or other greens with attached bugs, including pesticides.

In America I can eat 2 pounds of beef steak (ribeye, tri-tips or tenderloins), 6 medium-large russet potatoes per day with 3 large salads mixed with 1 hour of exercise a day & not gain weight past then a comfortable 165 pounds; after consistently doing so for a month. Even throw in a couple bottles of wine a week & a crap load of beer. However in Thailand, drinking the Thai beer & eating the food, of course the western varieties are the worst, I'll gain weight after 1 day.

Very simple really, join a gym leave the Xbox plugged into the internet buy yourself a PS4 and buy her an Iphone5s download your shows through your pc play them back through a media player....yes very simple.

By the way just because you think the Nexus phone is "it" about 3/4 of the planet doesn't agree with you might be better to off trying to get along with the mrs than imposing your idea of what is best, and encourage her to get a job if she hasnt one.

However most, i.e. 95% or more, probably closer to 99% considering Thais don't know anything about preparing proper Western food from any of thus west countries, are overly fatty, bacterial infested or simply taste absolutely horrible, or closer destined to make you sick (younger people aside since stronger stomachs tend to come with youth); or the proper sanitary requirements in such foods or even close to the sauce tastes that make up any of those dishes, most are very cheap copies of the Americanized versions (bide you selling spoiled meat in a consumer business within Thailand is completely legal, maybe so off paper or easily said in reality.

In Thailand, the Italian food is among the top worst, then the American food (unbelievable in 50 plus years the Thai still hasn't figured out (with training & education) how to cook a steak; then English (fat spackled heart attack food), then everything else with the crap butter & cheese - it's on everything. Not leaving out the hydroponic (washed in the bacteria infested TAP water) green salads, or other greens with attached bugs, including pesticides.

In America I can eat 2 pounds of beef steak (ribeye, tri-tips or tenderloins), 6 medium-large russet potatoes per day with 3 large salads mixed with 1 hour of exercise a day & not gain weight past then a comfortable 165 pounds; after consistently doing so for a month. Even throw in a couple bottles of wine a week & a crap load of beer. However in Thailand, drinking the Thai beer & eating the food, of course the western varieties are the worst, I'll gain weight after 1 day.

Got to agree up to a point about quality when it comes to western foods in Thai, but there are one or two excellent Italian restaurants ive been to there one in Asoke another in CM, ( i should know my parents were italian) as for weight gain cant agree with you there mate, to dam hot to want to tuck into a half a cow and drink beer and wine by the gallons.

Pack your exbox and mrs and head back to Washington state think you will be much happier there your not cut out for life in laid back easy going take it as it comes sun drenched Thailand.

You eat almost a kilo of steak every day ? 2 pounds is 908 grams

Is your name furious pete by any chance ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFA4pgfEfPg&list=PLQdB5cnMHAqfvbHDRNxdpWQ6QU875oxBY

Edited by YipYipYa123
  • Like 1

You're not one of these 'need mommy' types are you? Playing com games all day, giving access to bank etc... do you also give her all your money and then ask for wages like some of the oddballs here?

Sounds like what you really need is timeout. Get out of Thai and away from misses. You'll soon realize how bad Stateside is despite cheaper food, 'beer'. And yes it's just as unhealthy if you eat like a pig and don't exercise.

If you do stay and want things sorted the easy way, for gawds sake grow a pair and put your woman right... its not rocket science!

Sorry, unlike you I don't believe in hitting a woman. "Putting your woman right" is a typical Brit comment I've heard many times from either the 'forever single', the sex fiends or the ones that, 'can only get a rental'. Also unlike you, I live in Thailand.

In any case it was just an argument & even in America, married people have joint bank accounts. You need to get rid of that bigotry mind set & stop thinking that all Thai women are bad seeds. Christ, get a white woman, then you'll get the devil!

There're many stories I've also heard were from old retirees (60 years plus, both fat & thin, but still relics) who got with a young rental to start, then got screwed after. The women here all the way up into their late 30s don't want an old guy especially a slaver, chauvinistic pig, but they'll take the abuse, then the money later. Absolutely no different from the Japanese. All women for the most part, do the same under the circumstances. If you want an attractive woman to like you for you, you need to have attractive qualities, within the same age range, not this BS rental crap! Also from what I found with most women, Thai or American, that even with younger or same aged, they don't like ugly guys or short guys even if they bulk up to compensate, nor tall & lanky/geeks, but they will do the money scam on all. Did a survey awhile back when researching a book, preferred farangs by Thai women, based on heart & personality. The worst were the English, then the Indians but that was only based on smell...Americans were number one, followed by Germans, Australians, New Zealand, etc...regardless just a point.

And sorry you don't have a metabolism, but with one you can eat ANYTHING, as much as you want & never get fat, basically average the same weight from your early twenties forever. Only need to do good cardio & minimal muscle toning. In 22 years I've never gained more than 5 pounds, which was solely from Thailand.

But agree with the trip Stateside as it's 200% more healthy! With excellent clean/lean food, more than half the pollution (including land & sea), without allergies (for me) & much easier access to exercise. Bicycling in either wide open concrete landscapes or through Forest/mountain/beach trails with no fear of getting hit by a car or breathing in the pollution of someone's tail pipe.

In any case it was just an argument & even in America, married people have joint bank accounts. You need to get rid of that bigotry mind set & stop thinking that all Thai women are bad seeds. Christ, get a white woman, then you'll get the devil!

You want him to replace his bigotry with your bigotry?

Well,I've just returned back to China,after 3 weeks in Bangkok,yes I was eating" out" almost all the time,but tried most nights to have a salad and fruit.

I look after myself,gym,jogging etc,I am 5'9" average 70kg.

In 3 weeks I put on 3kg ...... stunned.......

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

How's that? He's white discriminating against Asians. I was referring to how someone (who isn't more than a tourist) can "assume" an entire country's population of women are bad based on where they're from. What I referred to with Whites, was what I know as a citizen of America, white western women are generally the plague & so I've seen; in a visiting sense that is, with quite a lot of English women (watch, talk, listen & absorb), definitely, Europeans...or more of what they (English women) turn into when they get old...why so many old British women are referred to as Hens.

Besides, no one can be considered a bigot or any way prejudiced against white people.

How's that? He's white discriminating against Asians. I was referring to how someone (who isn't more than a tourist) can "assume" an entire country's population of women are bad based on where they're from. What I referred to with Whites, was what I know as a citizen of America, white western women are generally the plague & so I've seen; in a visiting sense that is, with quite a lot of English women (watch, talk, listen & absorb), definitely, Europeans...or more of what they (English women) turn into when they get old...why so many old British women are referred to as Hens.

Besides, no one can be considered a bigot or any way prejudiced against white people.

That was even funnier!

That was even funnier!

Point of playing the forum, pass the time & still enjoy

You're not one of these 'need mommy' types are you? Playing com games all day, giving access to bank etc... do you also give her all your money and then ask for wages like some of the oddballs here?

Sounds like what you really need is timeout. Get out of Thai and away from misses. You'll soon realize how bad Stateside is despite cheaper food, 'beer'. And yes it's just as unhealthy if you eat like a pig and don't exercise.

If you do stay and want things sorted the easy way, for gawds sake grow a pair and put your woman right... its not rocket science!

Sorry, unlike you I don't believe in hitting a woman. "Putting your woman right" is a typical Brit comment I've heard many times from either the 'forever single', the sex fiends or the ones that, 'can only get a rental'. Also unlike you, I live in Thailand.

There're many stories I've also heard were from old retirees (60 years plus, both fat & thin, but still relics) who got with a young rental to start, then got screwed after. The women here all the way up into their late 30s don't want an old guy especially a slaver, chauvinistic pig, but they'll take the abuse, then the money later. Absolutely no different from the Japanese. All women for the most part, do the same under the circumstances. If you want an attractive woman to like you for you, you need to have attractive qualities, within the same age range, not this BS rental crap! Also from what I found with most women, Thai or American, that even with younger or same aged, they don't like ugly guys or short guys even if they bulk up to compensate, nor tall & lanky/geeks, but they will do the money scam on all. Did a survey awhile back when researching a book, preferred farangs by Thai women, based on heart & personality. The worst were the English, then the Indians but that was only based on smell...Americans were number one, followed by Germans, Australians, New Zealand, etc...regardless just a point.

And sorry you don't have a metabolism, but with one you can eat ANYTHING, as much as you want & never get fat, basically average the same weight from your early twenties forever. Only need to do good cardio & minimal muscle toning. In 22 years I've never gained more than 5 pounds, which was solely from Thailand.

But agree with the trip Stateside as it's 200% more healthy! With excellent clean/lean food, more than half the pollution (including land & sea), without allergies (for me) & much easier access to exercise. Bicycling in either wide open concrete landscapes or through Forest/mountain/beach trails with no fear of getting hit by a car or breathing in the pollution of someone's tail pipe.

...and you wonder why there are so many "american bashing" threads.

Guessing, because the American is always right? Or is it because there are so many non-Americans here who are educated via the Internet or the television. We know our country, good, bad, whatever, but we know best! We have strong values in how to treat women & others, in the most diverse country, the least racist when it comes to the average American.

In all reality I have nothing against the English, the expats in America are great people. My views were altered when I visited Wales & London for a month. The distaste to blacks was most alarming & don't believe I saw a single Asian...actually the entire time, only saw Pakistans, Indians & White with a fewest black Brits. English, Europeans, Germans, what have you, tend to forget without the other ethnic groups the world would be a much boring place.

I have bad news for you. It is NOT going to get any better ! Just dump her and absolutely refuse to have anything to do with her, as she will doubtless try to screw with your mind to get back in. Plenty out there, and no need to take any b.s. from any of them. Look at the logic, if she enjoys screwing your mind over she obviously doesn,t give a rat,s arse for you or your feelings, so why should you do the for her !

We're married, not so simple as to just "dump her"!

does that mean, you have a Thai passport?

You health people...really! Was a Trainer in the states (early years), this country is a disaster for health. Thailand is a disgrace for health & fitness. Should move this to the forum, Bangkok & anywhere north. But than I also lived in Krabi (exclude Phuket), finding a gym without 30+ year old equipment is impossible. Though quality bike riding is...quality to the health.

Thailand is not your problem ... you are your problem. Stop blaming Thailand and excusing yourself ... and get off your lazy ass.

The problem is the pollution, the poor street construction, the sh*t (put whatever you like in) food, the also NO sanitary regulation on food quality..can't be consistent with food if you have to sort the worms out of each piece or being conscious that what you put in the blender has bugs/worms attached, or what you buy is GMO (fully allowed here as well as pesticide engrossed foods)...the list goes on for this country. By the way, Formaldehyde is also permitted as a food/drink ingredient here.

Idiot!

where is there formaldehyde used as an ingredient in food or drinks?

your post in 100% untrue, regarding the food

or getting sideswiped by a motorbike taxi, and the heels of the gal riding side saddle as they pass you with no inches to spare, on a wide open road

Americans are number one with Thai girls?

How many do they see?

Thailand, I do not believe, is truly an American destination,

I did not meet any large numbers of Americans,

Australians and Germans, and neighboring states yes, but US?

ps. ALL ameericans I met in Thailand, were also Jewish

Edited by Scarpolo

You health people...really! Was a Trainer in the states (early years), this country is a disaster for health. Thailand is a disgrace for health & fitness. Should move this to the forum, Bangkok & anywhere north. But than I also lived in Krabi (exclude Phuket), finding a gym without 30+ year old equipment is impossible. Though quality bike riding is...quality to the health.

Thailand is not your problem ... you are your problem. Stop blaming Thailand and excusing yourself ... and get off your lazy ass.
The problem is the pollution, the poor street construction, the sh*t (put whatever you like in) food, the also NO sanitary regulation on food quality..can't be consistent with food if you have to sort the worms out of each piece or being conscious that what you put in the blender has bugs/worms attached, or what you buy is GMO (lly allowed here as well as pesticide engrossed foods)...the list goes on for this country. By the way, Formaldehyde is also permitted as a food/drink ingredient here.

Idiot!

where is there formaldehyde used as an ingredient in food or drinks?

In Thailand, formaldehyde is widely used in the beers to speed up the brewing process. In Thailand by the why there are ZERO regulations for anything corporate that may inhibit life.

your post in 100% untrue, regarding the food

What food? My food statements are 100% true in whatever country.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the was...Thailand's lack of "fitness", gave me a small pot belly & derived me from all previous muscle. Thailand is the ABSOLUTE WORST COUNTRY FOR HEALTH and FITNESS.

I feel your pain. I wish it was a pot belly, but mines increases 5 inches.

So you're talkin' soft to hard then, if I get your drift.

That's why I had mine shortened a few weeks after I got here.

I didn't want to stand out.

It's girth anyway.

Beer-can-like :-)

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "