Foreign Pickpockets at Soi Bukhao market

Kerryd

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same as last Friday-reported on another Pattaya forum unfortunately the farang victim got picked,and if it was the same two they were seen acting suspiciously later in the afternoon in Friendship sad.png

Occasionally Farangs run out of money but want to stay (by all means). They have to generate some income to accomplish this. The few Farang pick-pockets can't do that much harm.

- The other kind of Farang pick-pocket is far more dangerous. Focusing in on "new-farang-arrivals" with the intent to sell them everything, ranging from condo's to health-insurance up to "discounted" gold-jewellery. biggrin.png They can do far more damage than a Soi Buakao pick-pocket.

Generally they are known as white-collar-criminals. Needless to say they do not qualify as "quality-tourists" or "quality-expats" in the eyes of the TAT.

What to do do? Asking for references is always good and above all: "Can I see your work-permit please"? Amen.

Cheers.

I have an easier way...I do very little business, and now actually none, with farangs.

• Like 1

OP, you should have knocked him to the ground, and then done in front of all and sundry, some ""classic"" finger-pointing.

Good opportunity wasted.

Opportunity for what? Why bother making a song and dance about it? To what end? For every pick-pocket you apprehend 10 will come along to replace them.

Everyone should hang onto their wallets tightly no matter where they are. It should never be kept anywhere that it can slide out undetected.

I would have just walked away happy that I still had my wallet and made a resolve to be more careful in future. The pick-pocket actually taught the OP a valuable lesson... a free lesson at that.smile.png

Edited by tropo

Occasionally Farangs run out of money but want to stay (by all means). They have to generate some income to accomplish this. The few Farang pick-pockets can't do that much harm.

- The other kind of Farang pick-pocket is far more dangerous. Focusing in on "new-farang-arrivals" with the intent to sell them everything, ranging from condo's to health-insurance up to "discounted" gold-jewellery. biggrin.png They can do far more damage than a Soi Buakao pick-pocket.

Generally they are known as white-collar-criminals. Needless to say they do not qualify as "quality-tourists" or "quality-expats" in the eyes of the TAT.

What to do do? Asking for references is always good and above all: "Can I see your work-permit please"? Amen.

Cheers.

I have an easier way...I do very little business, and now actually none, with farangs.

You seem to love these threads. Whenever a "farang" (whatever you mean by that) does something bad it gives you an excuse to unleash your hatred on the whole of the world (all non-Thais).

There's good and bad everywhere. You always have to be careful no matter where you are.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 2

OP, you should have knocked him to the ground, and then done in front of all and sundry, some ""classic"" finger-pointing.

Good opportunity wasted.

Opportunity for what? Why bother making a song and dance about it? To what end? For every pick-pocket you apprehend 10 will come along to replace them.

Everyone should hang onto their wallets tightly no matter where they are. It should never be kept anywhere that it can slide out undetected.

I would have just walked away happy that I still had my wallet and made a resolve to be more careful in future. The pick-pocket actually taught the OP a valuable lesson... a free lesson at that.smile.png

Indeed, the fact there were two of them has to be considered.

Plus getting stabbed

• Like 1

Many of you wil laugh at 'Buddha' - the guy is seriously overweight - but watch the vid and ask yourself if something inconspicuous like the Yawara stick *might* give you a little more confidence if confronted by these lowlifes. I'm not suggesting that it will turn anyone into Seagal or Van Damme - far from it - but you dont have to spend 6+ hours a week training with guys half your age either. I'm also a big fan of the walking cane as a self defence tool, but most here wont have any part of the image of 'old man with walking cane' : fair enough. The Yawara could even be shaped to something more akin to sex aid for those who are so inclined, and I've yet to see similar use for a walking cane ! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGkY703djCc

There are much younger and more proficient Escrima guys on YT, but again you would need to invest considerable time (and pain ..) to achieve that level of mastery.

• Like 1

Interesting to note the increasingly desperate or financially destitute farang tourists and/or residents in Pattaya these days.

Perhaps another crackdown on back-to-back visa exemptions and tourist visas is in order ? These guys are probably well past their last visa expiry date, but how often do you see the BiB checking such things in the fiscal feeding frenzy that tourists bring to Pattaya ?

Does a foreign pickpocket need a work permit in Thailand?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

He can't get a work permit.

This profession is reserved for Thai in Thailand. wai2.gif

Topic is "foreign pickpockets" and of course that's one more excuse to Thai bash.

"This profession is reserved for Thai in Thailand. wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif"

So you have to be Thai to be a foreign pickpocket??

Fortunately being an illogical foreign social commentator appears to be open to all comers here at the hub of seeing things with tunnel vision.

• Like 1

Used to be a similar MO in Caracas.

As you come towards an escalator, the guy in-front suddenly stops, and his partner bumps into you from behind and gets your wallet from a back pocket.

He tried it on with a rather gruff American friend who knocked the leading guy to the ground as he 'tied a shoelace'......

OP...you should have broken a wrist or few fingers, that might have saved the next guy.

Does a foreign pickpocket need a work permit in Thailand?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

He can't get a work permit.

This profession is reserved for Thai in Thailand. wai2.gif

Shows your IQ.....

Thanks for the warning. I hate farang scumbags bah.gif

The OP let him go??? He should have battered the hell out of him as there was no chance of about six Thais joining in. OK so they were working in pairs, do you think the other one would have hung around. You missed a good chance there OP.

• Like 2

Seems Pattaya and Phuket have there fair share of scum inhabitants at this time and growing every day.

Good on the OP to catch him in the act ... The UK and europe need to clamp down on thiefs such as these guys.... It's certainly not good for tourism that's for sure. coffee1.gif