British fatality at Central Pattaya apartment

webfact

British Fatality at Central Pattaya Apartment

brit-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Wednesday afternoon Police and rescue services were called to an apartment in Central Pattaya to investigate the death of a British National.

Officials arrived at the Loeuy Sameur Apartments in Soi 23 off Pattaya Third Road and were directed to Room Number 109 by the owner of the complex, Khun Sumleuy aged 67.

Inside the room, lying on the floor, next to a broken glass table was the body of Mr. Brian Herbert aged 72. It is thought he had been dead for between 4-5 hours and Police concluded from the evidence available to them inside the room that he appeared to have somehow fell onto the glass table and sustained a major head injury which is the most likely cause of Mr. Herbert’s demise.

A friend and neighbor of the victim, Mr. Phil Robinson aged 68 became alerted to a potential problem after he had not seen or heard from Mr. Herbert all day. With the assistance of the complex owner, the front door to Mr. Herbert’s apartment was opened and his body was discovered.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/124576/british-fatality-at-central-pattaya-apartment/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-04-10

Wonder if they'll investigate the girl in the picture in photo number 1? If only to eliminate her from their inquiries.....oh hang on...

--EDIT--

Just noticed the picture is missing in a later photo, maybe there are going to contact her

Edited by draftvader

Wonder if they'll investigate the girl in the picture in photo number 1? If only to eliminate her from their inquiries.....oh hang on...

--EDIT--

Just noticed the picture is missing in a later photo, maybe there are going to contact her

maybe she left him and thats why the photos prominent.

anyway, sad if he hit his head on the glass table .. RIP sir.

R.I.P....But 72 y/o...very old, nobody lives forever

72...very old. My best buddy sitting next to me is 77 and running strong. It's not the years that make you "old". Mental attitude, physical condition and lifestyle all play an important part in aging.

I agree that nobody lives forever. However, the good we do while living is remembered long after we depart.

Just my Two-Satangs worth.

Don't kid yourself. Average life for male in UK is 76....Thailand, much lower,

72 is very old !!!!!!!!!!!

My Dad is 83, and still works on projects every week. He is currently remodeling my sister's kitchen, includiing lifting and fitting the dishwasher and oven by himself. 72 years old doesn't necessarily mean very old.

Yea, and I'll show you a Monk in China who is 114. So what ? Average life for male in UK is

75, USA is 76....72 is OLD !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by little mary sunshine
  • Like 1

My Dad is 83, and still works on projects every week. He is currently remodeling my sister's kitchen, includiing lifting and fitting the dishwasher and oven by himself. 72 years old doesn't necessarily mean very old.

Yea, and I'll show you a Monk in China who is 114. So what ? Average life for male in UK is

I think they dost protest too much...story must have hit pretty close to home for them!

The figures for average life expectancy as of 2014 for UK males is 80 and USA Males 79. 72 years is old but not very old, my Uncles are 96 and 98 respectively and were until recently able to walk a few miles every day to keep fit. My mother is 88.

• Like 2

hahahaha, all the old geriatrics being offended...lol

The hubris of youth. Don't they know that they get a little older every single day? With luck they'll get to 72 and then we'll see how old they think they are.

• Like 2

The picture of the table that the man hit appears to have some interesting items. From what I can see, they look suspicious.

Looks like hercule poirot has logged in at long last.

No doubt with the omnipotent knowledge displayed by some on TV we will all soon be astounded by the amount of irrefutable evidence of this poor gentleman’s demise that can be discerned from an out of focus picture of a coffee table.

Poor old boy, a sad event whatever the cause. R.I.P.

--EDIT--

maybe she left him and thats why the photos prominent.

anyway, sad if he hit his head on the glass table .. RIP sir.

Or did the glass table up & hit him on the head?

After all, T.I.T!

R.I.P. Brian.

What is it with all these R.I.P. posts?

If this is some shortcut for Rest In Peace it's about as sincere as 'Have a nice day'

Have always wondered about this too.

Is it to make the poster feel good about himself, or show the world what "empathy" he has with this unknown stranger who has suffered an unfortunate demise.

"Dear man" "poor old man" ? You have no idea what type of man he was, just that he met his end in Thailand.

72...very old. My best buddy sitting next to me is 77 and running strong. It's not the years that make you "old". Mental attitude, physical condition and lifestyle all play an important part in aging.

I agree that nobody lives forever. However, the good we do while living is remembered long after we depart.

Just my Two-Satangs worth.

Don't kid yourself. Average life for male in UK is 76....Thailand, much lower,

72 is very old !!!!!!!!!!!

You made a daft comment, accept it.......

I think that when police decide it is easier to say suicide or accident they can close case quicker. But from picture tables glass seems to be intact. I think embassy should investigate you can't trust to get justice if a farang here. At least call the FBI in from American embassy to verify their conclusions. Cops here just lazy and stupid.

I think that when police decide it is easier to say suicide or accident they can close case quicker. But from picture tables glass seems to be intact. I think embassy should investigate you can't trust to get justice if a farang here. At least call the FBI in from American embassy to verify their conclusions. Cops here just lazy and stupid.

What you say is correct but you have a deep misunderstanding of the role of the police here.

They are not here to investigate cases of injustice or even to uphold the law. Rather, they exist as a mutual assistance organisation, enriching and protecting the powers-that-be, their senior officers, the lower ranks, their families and friends. Once you understand that, comprehension becomes easier.

If you want justice, you need your own mutual assistance organisation, be it an informal network, a golf club, a chamber of trade, whatever. The police will not go out of their way to help you, particularly if you are dead.