Suthep tells PDRC supporters to 'prepare for final battle'

webfact

PDRC supporters told to prepare for final battle

4-14-2014-10-16-19-AM-wpcf_728x399.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban told supporters of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee to brace for the “final battle” and wait for his signal after the Songkran festival.

He said he was confident that the battle would end by the end of this month and “the people will triumph because the situation has ripened.”

Addressing his supporters at Lumpini park on Sunday night, the PDRC secretary-general asked his supporters to keep their whistles as a reminder of their commitment, as Thai citizens, toward the wellbeing of this country even if Thaksin regime was eliminated.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pdrc-supporters-told-prepare-final-battle/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-14

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Khun Sutherp, it's not the final, many more to come.

But at the end your cause will prevail.thumbsup.gif

Which cause? I ask because Suthep seems to come with a large assortment "causes" such as;

- Corruption and croneyism as demonstrated by his reign as Deputy Prime Minister in the Abhisit government and the long time political boss of Thailand's hub of corruption (Surat Thani, Krabi, Phuket, Nahkon Si Thammarat).

- Chaos and an absolute disregard for the law as evidenced by his ongoing squatting on public lands and disruption of Bangkok

- Sabotage and damage to Thailand's economy

- A special approach to having family members develop land.

- An ability to successfully invest in palm oil

- Political blackmail

- A double standard

So please help me out and indicate which cause.

Reading your list of this man's bad deeds I can't help but think it's lucky that the guy hasn't invested in a wordwide multi billion baht PR campaign to brainwash an uneducated sector of society that he is the rightful messiah in waiting, and that only he can make their problems go away.

The whole but, but , but... Suthep etc etc fails every time because Khun Suthep does not have crowds of brainwashed sheep manically whacking-off everytime he opens his mouth.

I wouldn't be too sure of that.

• Like 1

Time to shut up and let the courts make what ever decisions they are going to make.

The caretaker government and their supporters are doing such a good job of shooting themselves in the foot- his noise is only distracting from that.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

newcomer71, on 14 Apr 2014 - 11:52, said:

saai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCd.gif Another final battle...

It looks to me like a spoiled baby that stomps his feet until gets what he wants...

He has made he's bed , now he has to lay in it, so he has to continue whatever the odds, otherwise he might end up like others before him ,disappear.

Edited by chainarong
  • Like 1

Trying to find a Thai reference book with a definition of final in it as it would appear to be a substitute for next, the next, yet another, yet another please support etc.

Thank god there is no thai version of the fa cup. I mean, how many times could the final be played?

Is the answer until I get the result I want?

The wet season looms, there are better things to do than squatting in the streets of Bangkok. There's rice to plant and rubber to harvest. The sheeple need to go home. It will not be very pleasant camping out in the city. This is the only timeline deadline.

• Like 2

The sad thing is, when this is all over and this current Caretaker Government, with the help of the courts, gets turfed, not many people will remember, who made it possible.

If Suthep would not have gotten the people out against the Amnesty Bill, Rice Corruption Scam, Infrastructure Bill rip-off, etc., the courts would never had the chance to do their jobs, because laws were being changed and PT was busy pulling the teeth of anything that stood in it's way.

Just like hardly anybody remembers now, that it was Khun Chamlong Sonthi and such, ,who helped get rid of Thaksin last time.

These people fight in the background and others will take the credit later.

Is either side better? I don't know, but I do know that the current caretaker Government is very corrupt and bad for Thailand. Suthep opened the door, to have them removed (peacefully)

Not just him, he has a lot of people on his committee, too, who deserve credit and all the civil servants, who have come out to join, at the risk of their jobs, if this movement fails.

yeah, I admit, the continuous "Final Battle" cries, are a little cheesy, then again, they seem to work for him as he has some fairly big numbers down there, when most people would spend their time at home with family.

Anyways, this is Songkran...a time of joy laughter and partying, for most Thai people, so why not enjoy it and forget about politics for a few days. (I should listen to myself...back to the water fight) wai2.gif

You mean the amnesty bill also for Suthep and Abhisit (and army) over 2010, aka the reconciliation bill. Or the stolen rice money to Hong kong, that was not stolen, he simply made it up. Or the high speed train bill, high speed trains Abhisit promised but never delivered. Or your claim of nepotism in putting the competent police chief into the NSC? (He's not related BTW, an ex-brother in law is not a relative at all, and before he was 'ex' he was never family). The PM has the right to move civil servants, just as Abhisit moved Thawil into the job.

No, Suthep will be remembered and not favorably and he's lost.

It's now down to how much of Thailand does he drag down with him.

• Like 2

The mother of all battles is upon us how many times have I heard this over the last 4/5/6 months it is getting very boring can his speech writer not think of anything new even if it were before our final battle can we all clean the park up before we go home !!

• Like 1