Yingluck seeks Constitutional Court's extension of deadline for defending herself

webfact

Yingluck seeks Constitutional Court's extension of deadline for defending herself

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra Thursday asked the Constitutional Court for 15 more days for preparing documents to defend herself in the case of unlawful transfer of the National Security Council's chief.

Yingluck is scheduled to defend herself in the case of NSC chief Thawil Pliensri's transfer Thursday.

She send her team of lawyers to submit a request to the court that she needed more time to prepare evidences.

The court has yet to consider whether to approve the request.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-17

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A year ago I started to make a habbit of listening what YS had to say on TV.

Questions are allways in the same mode made.......almost never able to give or produce detail and conclusive answers.

Charm and drama surrounds her public appearence, and in a way she loves it.

A front runner without a finishline in sight.

Question remains IF there are etiquette and qualifications needed to become PM of This Beautiful country.

Truly Amazing Thailand.

Edited by hgma

She requests an extension on the day she is due in Court to defend herself . . . and hasn't even gone herself . . . just sent the Lawyers along . . . again . . . I think this would be contempt of Court in most other countries.

It might well be, in fact it's probably a stoning offence somewhere, but this is Thailand and even though her name ends in Shinawatra, the judiciary haven't quite stooped that low, ..............................yet.

She is baiting the court and holding them in contempt again. If her wish is not granted she will use that to incite the 200 000 strong armed street gang.

She is a Shin, she belongs in jail where she can no longer damage the country and silence the voice of the majority.

She gave 30 days for Thawil to pack his bags and get out of his office when he was transferred. He asked for more time and it was not granted.

The world does not revolve around you yingluck. You have had time. Maybe some less time celebrating songkhan and being welcomed around Chaing Mai at temples and feeding that temperamental easily hurt personality of yours would have allowed time to prepare a defense.

I can imagine her reasons at the court house. I was on holidays sorry. She is still on holidays and sends her lawyers. Contempt.

"She is baiting the court and holding them in contempt again. If her wish is not granted she will use that to incite the 200 000 strong armed street gang.

She is a Shin, she belongs in jail where she can no longer damage the country and silence the voice of the majority."

What is this alleged majority you keep on quoting, I see no evidence of it? And why should she belong in jail, for being a "Shin" (you do know the forum rules about using the proper names for people don't you?)

Likewise any evidence for your statement that he asked for more time, or is it just another throwaway line with no backup, just hoping someone will believe you.

Still it's against the PTP/Thaksin/UDD so you'll argue the toss. Why back up a guy that's just stirring the pot for his masters - he doesn't even want the job and he retires in less than 6 months

"Indeed, I don't want to return to the position, but after having fought for two and a half years for justice, I should. Many people in the bureaucratic system share the same fate as me," he said. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Thawil-wins-reinstatement-new-hot-potato-for-premi-30228693.html

Contempt, yes I've plenty.

• Like 1

She requests an extension on the day she is due in Court to defend herself . . . and hasn't even gone herself . . . just sent the Lawyers along . . . again . . . I think this would be contempt of Court in most other countries.

It might well be, in fact it's probably a stoning offence somewhere, but this is Thailand and even though her name ends in Shinawatra, the judiciary haven't quite stooped that low, ..............................yet.

And do you think that bending over and touching your toes everytime a Shinawatra doesn't want to conform the laws of the land is stooping low.

They should proceed immediately with out her in attendance, appoint a court lawyer to represent her and get on with it. More than ample time to prepare her case lies.

Is it remotely possible for you to express yourself without being crude?

I can only assume you are well acquainted with the law of the land with regard to this situation - can you tell what specific law she has broken by asking the CC for an extension of time. I know they are getting increasingly bizarre in their rulings but if you say there is a law there must be one.coffee1.gif

She is baiting the court and holding them in contempt again. If her wish is not granted she will use that to incite the 200 000 strong armed street gang.

She is a Shin, she belongs in jail where she can no longer damage the country and silence the voice of the majority.

She gave 30 days for Thawil to pack his bags and get out of his office when he was transferred. He asked for more time and it was not granted.

The world does not revolve around you yingluck. You have had time. Maybe some less time celebrating songkhan and being welcomed around Chaing Mai at temples and feeding that temperamental easily hurt personality of yours would have allowed time to prepare a defense.

I can imagine her reasons at the court house. I was on holidays sorry. She is still on holidays and sends her lawyers. Contempt.

"She is baiting the court and holding them in contempt again. If her wish is not granted she will use that to incite the 200 000 strong armed street gang.

She is a Shin, she belongs in jail where she can no longer damage the country and silence the voice of the majority."

What is this alleged majority you keep on quoting, I see no evidence of it? And why should she belong in jail, for being a "Shin" (you do know the forum rules about using the proper names for people don't you?)

Likewise any evidence for your statement that he asked for more time, or is it just another throwaway line with no backup, just hoping someone will believe you.

Still it's against the PTP/Thaksin/UDD so you'll argue the toss. Why back up a guy that's just stirring the pot for his masters - he doesn't even want the job and he retires in less than 6 months

"Indeed, I don't want to return to the position, but after having fought for two and a half years for justice, I should. Many people in the bureaucratic system share the same fate as me," he said. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Thawil-wins-reinstatement-new-hot-potato-for-premi-30228693.html

Get real defending for what---if she has nothing to fear why worry ?????

What a lame dog sick pig excuse ---remember she said after the first year, be patient with the government--- GIVE US TIME--

Again give us time, now at court,

pay the rice farmer---give us time

Thaksin said give me time----HE GOT it

All prolonging the agony for the country---this is what it's about, not Dems Suthep------you the government--get on your bikes for governing so bad.,

And do you think that bending over and touching your toes everytime a Shinawatra doesn't want to conform the laws of the land is stooping low.

They should proceed immediately with out her in attendance, appoint a court lawyer to represent her and get on with it. More than ample time to prepare her case lies.

I can only assume you are well acquainted with the law of the land with regard to this situation - can you tell what specific law she has broken by asking the CC for an extension of time. I know they are getting increasingly bizarre in their rulings but if you say there is a law there must be one.coffee1.gif

Because she has done sweet sod all for 2 months only skip up country. that's why she has had time, don't you think these bodies are not aware of it.

Brother has told her to stall.

I would think "contempt of court" would be perfectly applicable here . . . she's due to defend herself today in Court . . . yet couldn't be bothered to show up again . . . and asked for yet another extension . . . sounds pretty contemptuous to me . . . aside from that, there's all the public criticism, intimidation, threats etc she, Thaksin, her lawyers and her party have shown for months on end to any and all Courts here . . .

coffee1.gif

Perfectly legal to ask for an extension.

Perfectly legal to have your lawyers represent you at a hearing.

Actually she is probably stalling until the big wig lawyer arrives from oz .

Skippy the bush kangaroo.

After all it's just a kangaroo court.

coffee1.gif zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz that an attempt at humour...

• Like 1

I appreciate the reply. Thanks.

As for the link to Thawil try googling it as a link would violate forum rules.

However it is not against forum rules to send this link that highlights yingluck was given 45 days to reinstate him and surprise surprise she wanted that delayed as well.

Argue against the PTP…Nahhh, just abide by the laws and the constitution. I think it was wrong for yingluck to be charged with murder (I assume you won't demand a link of that?). Completely politically motivated in my eyes. She is not guilty by any stretch of the imagination. Bangkok governor. Yep, glad he has been stood down if he broke election law. Good decision by the EC on that one and has to be respected.

Why back a guy that is retiring in 6 months? I'm not backing the guy. I am backing the principle. Why pursue charges of corruption against someone that will retire in 6 months? Same reason. It is against the law. If it is against the law them they need to be held accountable, whether 6 months from retirement or 6 years.

Thanks again for your reply and I enjoy your posts.

Perfectly legal to ask for an extension.

Perfectly legal to have your lawyers represent you at a hearing.

Actually she is probably stalling until the big wig lawyer arrives from oz .

Skippy the bush kangaroo.

After all it's just a kangaroo court.

Come on now - do you think extensions ad-infinitum are acceptable - well guess you do seeing as how you like to push the red agenda - of "we know nothing", "we are innocent", " everyone is picking on us", "just you wait until my brother gets back" etc.