Police suspect French national murdered in Phuket

Lite Beer

Police identify two suspects from CCTV footage in French murder probe in Phuket
Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Police are inspecting CCTV camera footage from the scene where French tourist Fabrice Boigeol was found murdered on Friday (April 18), and believe they have identified two suspects.

Mr Boigeol, who was staying at a bungalow in Soi Ging Pattana, Rawai, was found bashed to death and his personal items robbed.

Police believe the fight happened early on Friday morning. After looking at CCTV footage from the accommodation, they saw that around 5am two people were seen at the resort holding a white towel. Police are continuing to look at the footage.

Police say Mr Boigeol was killed with a blunt object. In the room they found a piece of hardwood with blood on it, and a cement lump.

Col Peerayut Kanjedi, Phuket Police Vice Commander, said police were keeping an open mind about the reason for the bashing, but so far think it was a robbery.

He said that another room in the resort also had some items taken. Police believe that after going to that bungalow, the suspects went to Mr Boigeol's where they robbed and killed him.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/police-identify-two-suspects-from-cctv-footage-in-french-murder-probe-in-phuket-45784.php

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The owner of the bungalow decided to look for Mr Boigeol as it was strange he hadn't come out of the house that day. He entered the house and found the body.

I've never had a hotel manager check on me if I stayed inside my room until 01.45pm.

The manager was very sure the unnamed victim (Mr Boigeol) had a laptop.

Anyone know where this place is?

It look like something fishy is going on there.
Why do all you armchair detectives always start providing your comments based on the crap reported in the newspaper? The newspapers never provide a complete report on anything. So all the conjecture is generally useless and provides nothing in the way of information. Newspaper reports in Thailand never seem to be comprehensive and you detectives never know the context of the bits and pieces of the reported information. Your comments are rarely germane to the issue.
Trouble.

Your criticism of my post is not germane to the contents of the post.

I did not make any conjecture! I merely pointed out something about my experiences with hotel staff garnered over many years. And I highlighted, what I have no reason to believe is false, the fact that the manager stated the laptop was missing.

Any conjecture or conclusion made is entirely in the mind of the reader.

I don't make accusations or provide wild theories on this forum, my extensive experience and training in my former career has made me very careful and selective in the language I use here.

The all encompassing "armchair detective" attempted insult, mainly highlights your own shortcomings. There are many thousands of retirees here who come from all types of former careers that in many instances include law enforcement. Most aren't sitting on the next barstool to you big noting themselves.

Trouble.

Your criticism of my post is not germane to the contents of the post.

I did not make any conjecture! I merely pointed out something about my experiences with hotel staff garnered over many years. And I highlighted, what I have no reason to believe is false, the fact that the manager stated the laptop was missing.

Any conjecture or conclusion made is entirely in the mind of the reader.

I don't make accusations or provide wild theories on this forum, my extensive experience and training in my former career has made me very careful and selective in the language I use here.

The all encompassing "armchair detective" attempted insult, mainly highlights your own shortcomings. There are many thousands of retirees here who come from all types of former careers that in many instances include law enforcement. Most aren't sitting on the next barstool to you big noting themselves.

It's also not beyond the realms of possibility that some of those armchair detectives have more relevant, actual information that is NOT garnered from the very vague newspaper reports . . .

It's also not beyond the realms of possibility that some of those armchair detectives have more relevant, actual information that is NOT garnered from the very vague newspaper reports . . .

You are absolutely correct.

It look like something fishy is going on there.

or it could have been suicide.

Definately a case of heat stroke.

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 1

There's a review from February of the resort by what could well be the victim on TripAdvisor - http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Hotel_Review-g297934-d3320074-Reviews-Moragot_Resort-Rawai_Phuket.html

It mentions the wifi, and how nice the owner is, perhaps he stayed there a few times and they knew his routine well, and also that he had a laptop.

There's a review from February of the resort by what could well be the victim on TripAdvisor - http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Hotel_Review-g297934-d3320074-Reviews-Moragot_Resort-Rawai_Phuket.html

It mentions the wifi, and how nice the owner is, perhaps he stayed there a few times and they knew his routine well, and also that he had a laptop.

Would someone kill somebody for a laptop?

He gave the lap top to his girl/boy friend, then tore up the room while trying to bash himself in the head. Obvious suicide.

PHUKET! PHUKET! PHUKET! every dam time thai visa is posted there is something bad about phuket! been that way for the past two years. this scumbag island needs an overhaul and it seems that the thai's are not doing anything about the robberies, suicides, tuk, tuks, taxi drivers, jet skies, and everyother crime committed in PHUKET!

this island needs to be sunk and the tourist be informed about how dangerous the place is! AND Thai Visa should write an expose about it, it certainly has enough evidence as it publishes another crime in every issue!

I agree and long time ago I decided that I will not visit this bloody place any more till the local authorities will decide to clean the place.

I decided a long time ago to never go near the dump of an island.

Nothing will be done unless the french government demands answers. Then thai officials will arrest someone and say case solved.

exactly , any cctv? Must be some there. the family of the victim may need to pressure their government to tell the Thai authorities "we want a real investigation", No half baked fake one

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app