Used Big Bike Shop

wowjudo

Hello ThaiVisa

Just wanted to ask if somebody knows some Big Bike shops in BKK that sells used big bikes with leasing option.

So far i've seen few shops (Beez bike and Max singburi) that sells it for full price only.

Thanks in advance

Never heard of the lease option for the bikes and never heard of the lease option for any used vehicles. I think you're out of luck with this request especially in Thailand.

Sent from a Nuclear Submarine.

I would never buy anything mechanical used in this country.

Too many hack mechanics putting wood screws where bolts should go.

I have had so many things go wrong even at reputable dealers like the Pirelli dealer on OnNut who didn't tighten an axle slider or Kawasaki Pattaya who stripped a frame nut.

You are putting your life at risk anytime someone works on your bike.

If you aren't mechanical and check other people's work I would stick to new so at least everything is bolted up to factory torque specs.

Edited by ttakata
  • Like 2

ye sorry i meant finance.

Yes i heard alot stories about the quality of used vehicles in thailand and the hackfix they were undergoing.

i just visited the bigwing shop yesterday and saw that the CBR is only 620k baht now instead of the 800k +

i think this should just fit my needs ( 190k downpayment , 200k was my limit)

thanks anyways guys and enjoy

^

Note that it's the Japan-spec power-restricted version of the 1000 currently being sold at Big Wing (only 116hp at the crank)- according to one TV member, it's at least another 70K to derestrict it and bring it up to full-power specs (claimed 178hp at the crank- it usually dynos about 154hp at the wheel), but doing that will void your warranty.

Edited by RubberSideDown

oh my god. why would they do that...

well thanks rubbersidedown. that was abit shocking for me but ill ask them again to make things clear and why they do this.

i might save abit and get the r1 then if this is the case.. what a pity the 1000rr is such a nice bike but with this restriction no thanks.

oh my god. why would they do that...

well thanks rubbersidedown. that was abit shocking for me but ill ask them again to make things clear and why they do this.

i might save abit and get the r1 then if this is the case.. what a pity the 1000rr is such a nice bike but with this restriction no thanks.

They do this because the know their countrymen and dont want bad press. Wouldn't sound good too many killed on big bikes bought through official dealers.

hm ye true most get crazy by this power and cant really handle it.

what do you guys think about the kawa z800? i like it but the non abs only version makes me worry abit

z800 is a good value for money due its manufactured here mainteneance and service is fine/ easy. In the end it depend what you need/ like, z800 is heavy though but seems to handle still well. ABS for city riding is never wrong.

^

Note that it's the Japan-spec power-restricted version of the 1000 currently being sold at Big Wing (only 116hp at the crank)- according to one TV member, it's at least another 70K to derestrict it and bring it up to full-power specs (claimed 178hp at the crank- it usually dynos about 154hp at the wheel), but doing that will void your warranty.

Honda bigwing told me that derestricting honda cbr1000rr does not void the warranty.

700 k is still good price but i am sure new model honda cbr1000rr is on the way soon so i ll wait that.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by ll2

^

They might have told you that, but the changes you need to make to derestrict the bike are pretty intrusive (ECU, throttle bodies, exhaust) and those changes and any potential problems arising from them aren't covered (the Honda warranty specifically mentions modifications and alterations aren't covered unless they are dealer-installed Honda parts).

It would be your problem to prove your mods didn't cause any potential issues.

Note I got some completely wrong info from a Big Wing employee and the manager set him straight- I'm not a big believer in what they say, but, rather, I'm interested in what's on paper.

Edited by RubberSideDown

^

They might have told you that, but the changes you need to make to derestrict the bike are pretty intrusive (ECU, throttle bodies, exhaust) and those changes and any potential problems arising from them aren't covered (the Honda warranty specifically mentions modifications and alterations aren't covered unless they are dealer-installed Honda parts).

It would be your problem to prove your mods didn't cause any potential issues.

Note I got some completely wrong info from a Big Wing employee and the manager set him straight- I'm not a big believer in what they say, but, rather, I'm interested in what's on paper.

they dyno tune your bike at bigwing dyno if you put a new ecu and pipe actually. But they dont install any modifications at honda bigwing bkk. You have to get things installed somewhere else.

I ll ask them this again.

I know that my warranty was voided by Kawasaki due solely to the addition of a Power Commander (they informed me of this before I installed it, so fair enough)- while a pipe change (especially if it's only a slip-on) isn't a big deal, fueling changes are a different story, and it would be the throttle body and ECU alterations that would cause issues.

^

Honda bigwing told me that derestricting honda cbr1000rr does not void the warranty.

700 k is still good price but i am sure new model honda cbr1000rr is on the way soon so i ll wait that.

This is my thought as well, I'm waiting for a few more months to see if Honda decides to bring in US spec versions for the 2015 models, either that or RedBaron get a load more US spec CBR's in.

Spending 640k and then spending 60-70k doing a load of mods to invalidate the warranty is not a good idea IMO. It's tempting (especially as a guy in my condo has the Repsol edition parked next to my bike so I have to look at it every day!) but not the right move IMO. Looks like my old GSXR is going to get one more dry season smile.png

I tried to put a 20K deposit down on a CBR1000RR at the show in January dependent on Big Wing bringing in the unrestricted version when they get the 2015 models later this year (as I heard a rumor they might)- their 'big boss' (I don't remember his name but he spoke excellent English) told me it wasn't going to happen and wouldn't even take my money based on my conditions.

Things could of course change as they now bring in the full-power VFR1200F where before they only sold the restricted model, but he certainly didn't want me thinking that would be the case with the 1000.

I'm guessing they're going to assess how the sales of the restricted version go before they decide. If enough people ask whether it's restricted and then decide not to buy when they hear that it is, then they might decide to leave the restricted Jap-market version where it belongs next year. Hope so anyway...

Purely anecdotal, but I also asked whether the bike was restricted at the January show and the previously friendly salesman suddenly looked kind of irritated/disinterested like he'd already been asked that a million times today...

i was at the honda safety driving center today to test the cbr650f and the cbr1000rr. the cbr650f was impressive and very smooth, wish it would have a little more torque.

the cbr1000rr (restricted to 116 hp), well couldnt really judge it due the short testing circuit they had - but i guess its plently enough for highway and chiangrai (where i live). i cant really imagine driving a sportbike in bangkok with this traffic and the heat. the instructor told me that they had to many stories of people having fatal accident on the 1000cc cbr bikes and all are pointing at honda ofc. i think somebody mentioned this in this thread already. most cbr1000rr buyers do buy it for track days only and will modify it for max track performance. thats what he told me

in short - honda keeps their safety reputation very serious.

Edited by wowjudo

I know that my warranty was voided by Kawasaki due solely to the addition of a Power Commander (they informed me of this before I installed it, so fair enough)- while a pipe change (especially if it's only a slip-on) isn't a big deal, fueling changes are a different story, and it would be the throttle body and ECU alterations that would cause issues.

Yeah. Same with Suzuki. Any messing with the ECU voids the warranty.

i cant really imagine driving a sportbike in bangkok with this traffic and the heat.

Hence, most riders on liter bikes only ride in Bangkok in order to leave it and get elsewhere. Admittedly, there's is also a large contingent of Starbuck's posers.

Obviously Bangkok is no good for big bikes but it's where I live and work. Also the dealer is here.

Coming off a 650, you'll love the liter bike's power.

Edited by H1w4yR1da
  • Like 1

Certainly 116hp is 'enough', but I couldn't bring myself to spend over USD20K and get a neutered version of a bike.;)

The CBR1000RR is currently the only literbike that comes in a Japan-spec version- none of the rest of the Big-4 offer theirs as anything but export versions (which are available in Japan but are pricey). When I lived there, I had to buy export versions of my GSX-R1100s- I owned a Japan-spec VFR that was limited to 77hp where the export version was 100hp.

The Z800 is an excellent choice- I rode with a group of 4 or 5 of them a couple months ago, and they performed really well, and they look great (especially in orange, IMHO).

A few in 250cc and 800cc versions- my bike is hiding in the background:

post-176811-0-23479300-1398063998_thumb.

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 1

Certainly 116hp is 'enough', but I couldn't bring myself to spend over USD20K and get a neutered version of a bike.wink.png

The CBR1000RR is currently the only literbike that comes in a Japan-spec version- none of the rest of the Big-4 offer theirs as anything but export versions (which are available in Japan but are pricey). When I lived there, I had to buy export versions of my GSX-R1100s- I owned a Japan-spec VFR that was limited to 77hp where the export version was 100hp.

I was surprised to see the Kawasaki Thailand website doesn't list the ZX-10r.

http://www.kawasaki.co.th/th/motorcycle.asp

I believe they used to sell the restricted version before.

Kawasaki actually produces two versions of the ZX-10R- surprisingly, the US-spec model is the restricted one (by about 20hp) in comparison the the Euro-version- this is for emissions reasons, and is done entirely through the ECU- it can be flashed to full power without any other changes (there might also be a mechanical solution through the re-routing or cutting of ECU wired), and isn't nearly as difficult a job as the CBR1000RR is to derestrict.

There were restriction issues with the 2010 model (I believe that's the year- it was the previous-gen version) that was imported into LOS, and Kawi Thailand dropped it from their line-up after that.

Edited by RubberSideDown

Just talked with the manager of bigwing bkk service.

He stated that derestricting honda cbr1000r is only 20 k thb! Now which includes opening the throttle bodies, air intake, flashing stock ecu and a new ecu - i guess piggyback - from japan. They are doing it in a shop close to bigwing bkk.

Of course you also need a pipe they say but it costs 10 k for a custom one.

So a total of 30 k thb you can get cbr1000rr derestricted.

Moreover, only the warranty of the engine will void if you touch throttle bodies and air intake ports but other parts of the bike will be covered with warranty so there is no full void.

• Like 1

30K is a much more reasonable proposition- let us know if you hear it directly from the shop doing the work.

The engine warranty is the most important (and potentially expensive) part, of course.;)

30 k is a good price better than 70 k they said before sure.

Just the point lost in translation is ecu. Could not understand if you just flash the stock ecu or need a new ecu from japan.

Yes the warranty of the engine voids and it is expensive but at least not the full bike which is still good.

I can't see why you'd need a different ECU- the stock ECU controls ignition/fueling/throttle openings, etc.

The only way you'd need a second ECU would be if they couldn't access the stock one for a reflash (which is possible) and had to bypass it (which is basically what a Power Commander or Bazazz unit does).

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 2

Just talked with the manager of bigwing bkk service.

He stated that derestricting honda cbr1000r is only 20 k thb! Now which includes opening the throttle bodies, air intake, flashing stock ecu and a new ecu - i guess piggyback - from japan. They are doing it in a shop close to bigwing bkk.

Of course you also need a pipe they say but it costs 10 k for a custom one.

So a total of 30 k thb you can get cbr1000rr derestricted.

Moreover, only the warranty of the engine will void if you touch throttle bodies and air intake ports but other parts of the bike will be covered with warranty so there is no full void.

Did they mention which shop is doing the de-restriction? I live about a km from BigWing so I'd be interested to know as it might be shops I've used before...

Might pop in on the way home, 30k 'all in' is pretty reasonable...