What can an android phone do that a iphone cant

I won an iphone through work my biggest complaint is itunes. I couldn't add my movies and music to it. Anything I wanted to do was a pain using itunes. Sold it to a workmate and bought a Galaxy Note what a difference simply drag/drop music and movies. It gives the option to convert them but I never do because I have plenty of memory with the added 64 gig micro sd card. I also like the bigger screen great for watching films on short haul flights.

The Android phones also have IR so you can use it as a remote control for your TV.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In fact the answer is not too difficult: most Android phones can do what the iPhone does. Some can do more, some can do less. Some are faster, some are slower. Some have a bigger screen, some a smaller one.

For a long time the operating system Android is a good system. The apps you can use are also good and getting better every time.

So why would you decide to buy an iPhone or an Android phone?

One reason: the hardware. If you look for a phone that is waterproof: you will have to look for an Android phone. Do you need a phone with a large screen, but not yet a tablet: an Android it is. Do you want a phone with a small screen, or just a small sized phone: Android. Do you want a cheap phone with just the basics, but still be able to install some apps: again Android.

Do you want a phone that is smooth, expensive, good support, difficult to handle concerning music, movies or books (as far as I know they all require a certain format and iTunes on your pc): buy the iPhone.

This week I met a guy who bought a Samsung S3 with a nice large screen and the possibility to put two sims in the phone. He payed with a contract (unlimited internet) about 7200 Baht. The iPhone will set you back around 16000 to 20.000 Baht.

Now his limitation was that the phone was new, but the model "already" one year old. But the phone looked great. Though he bought it under contract and had to accept a new number, he could add his old SIM card and use his old number as well.

Now try to do that with an iPhone.

So my conclusion is that you have an ocean of possibilities with Android phones (different brands, shapes, features) whereas with apple you are limited to ONE model - unless you think the old models are you other choice of models.

Sammy S-3's without a contract and unlocked go for about $350 US nowadays.

A lady friend has one, but she can carry it in her purse while the guys wearing jeans and a T-Shirt might find a phone that big a bit uncomfortable to carry around in their front pocket, especially when sitting down.

I guess that's why Cargo Pants and Cargo Shorts are useful despite being a bit out of style.

Who cares? I'll take substance over style anyday.

Tempted to get one, but I'm happy with my LG phone with the 4.5" screen that cost me $159.00 after MIR early last year.

Besides, the S-3 screen isn't that much bigger. I believe they are 4.8" @ 1280x720 res. and my LG phone puts up similar numbers in AnTuTu Benchmark testing.

Too bad wirefly.com went out of business. I got great deals from them and Metro even honored the MIR even though I bought my phone thru wirefly.

I believe they also had the S-3 for $299.00 last year for a short time as well. I almost went with the S-3, but couldn't rationalize spending and extra $140.00 for a little more screen real estate and a few more bells and whistles.

I think the best deal on a smart phone right now is thru Metro PCS and the LG Optimus G 70 which is $149.00, $100.00 instant rebate and a $49.00 MIR.

You only pay the taxes on the $149.00. Otherwise, the phone is free and has decent specs: Dual Core 1.5Ghz CPU, 1GB RAM, 4GB internal storage with an SD slot, 4.5" Corning Gorilla Glass, KitKat 4.4, etc...Although it's 4G, it's not 4GLTE but for free it's a fantastic deal.

And Metro is merging with T-Mobile, so coverage will be expanded. Metro is a great deal if you are in a "Metropolis" such as being in or near a medium to large city and along highway corridors.

I pay just $30.00 a month for unlimited calls, including LD and unlimited texts. 4GLTE Data is limited to 500MB and if you go over, you are throttled down to 3G although I know how to get around that. I'm almost always near WiFi, so I rarely go over my Data allotment.

This was a promo price and the same plan is currently $40.00 a month. Still, a free, mid-level range phone and $40.00 a month is a great price.

I imagine in Thailand, a similar plan would cost $10.00 a month, if that.

Including the phone and monthly service fees, I pay $519 per year. Cost of device included.

With my last iPhone and monthly service plan, I paid $969, cost of device included.

I'm saving $450 a year if you include the cost of the device, which I own outright and can sell and upgrade to a different phone.

Not including the price of the device, I'm saving $360 per year for the same service, only no more dropped calls like I was getting with AT&T

From what I've read, no-contract is the norm in Thailand and it's really catching on in the US as people are realizing that subsidizing the cost of an overpriced phone is not a good deal.

What type of phones are popular in Thailand (With adults, not teens) and are considered good deals as well as the average cost of unlimited calls and texts as well as 500MB of Data?

My understanding is that 4G is not yet available in Thailand. Is that true?

I imagine the cost of the device is pretty much the same as in the US, but wondering what it cost to reload your card and how much minutes/texts/Data costs?

Our company develop mobile apps for iOS and android. For me it's just strange how google deal with there own store. You upload a software and some minutes later it's just available to download from the playstore. For me this feels complete unsafe. Apple proof your app against there rules. That's fine for me. Sure android isn't bad at all. They have some very nice features. But have to say after trying many android phones in the office I switched back every time to the iPhone. It just works. And yes it's not failure free. But who is without any failure? smile.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Maybe you think so. I think it's no different than any software you can download on the internet for any platform. If you're the kind of person who need someone to hold your hand before you feel comfortable downloading and installing software on your device perhaps iphone is for you, but that's not to say it's for everyone.

Never heard virus should be a problem on Android phones. I've certainly never had any anti-virus software installed on any of my Android phones, and never had any problems. If it should happen one day I can assure you iphones will be hit harder than Android for the same reason Windows is hit harder than IOS on the desktop, bigger and more susceptible market.

Our company develop mobile apps for iOS and android. For me it's just strange how google deal with there own store. You upload a software and some minutes later it's just available to download from the playstore. For me this feels complete unsafe. Apple proof your app against there rules. That's fine for me. Sure android isn't bad at all. They have some very nice features. But have to say after trying many android phones in the office I switched back every time to the iPhone. It just works. And yes it's not failure free. But who is without any failure? smile.png

Maybe you think so. I think it's no different than any software you can download on the internet for any platform. If you're the kind of person who need someone to hold your hand before you feel comfortable downloading and installing software on your device perhaps iphone is for you, but that's not to say it's for everyone.

Never heard virus should be a problem on Android phones. I've certainly never had any anti-virus software installed on any of my Android phones, and never had any problems. If it should happen one day I can assure you iphones will be hit harder than Android for the same reason Windows is hit harder than IOS on the desktop, bigger and more susceptible market.

If you have never heard of any virus hitting android phones then you shouldnt be in this discussion as there is and has been plenty, secondly i can assure that the reason they are out there and being used is a: because android has a far far bigger market share and b: as mentioned earleir google play store is not policed.

As you can see from this report 97% of malware comes from android the other 3% from windows phones, iphones zilch http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2014/03/24/report-97-of-mobile-malware-is-on-android-this-is-the-easy-way-you-stay-safe/

From your link:

Android does account for 97% of all mobile malware, but it comes from small, unregulated third party app stores predominantly in the Middle East and Asia. By contrast the percentage of apps carrying malware on Google’s official Play Store was found to be just 0.1% and F-Secure acknowledges rigorous checks mean “malware encountered there tends to have a short shelf life.”

Obviously caveat emptor. Those I know are smart enough not to install crap that is obvious malware.

• Like 1

For example can you deny an app access to location like you can on iPhone, say you want maps to use location but not Facebook or whatsapp can you do that?

Of course you can do that.. its android.. Flexible

Dude maybe you can tell us where the settings are to disallow certain apps to use gps without having to turn off gps, been looking at a mates and seems there is no native way to stop certain apps from using gps while allowing others access, whats the path to the setting?

From your link:

Android does account for 97% of all mobile malware, but it comes from small, unregulated third party app stores predominantly in the Middle East and Asia. By contrast the percentage of apps carrying malware on Google’s official Play Store was found to be just 0.1% and F-Secure acknowledges rigorous checks mean “malware encountered there tends to have a short shelf life.”

Obviously caveat emptor. Those I know are smart enough not to install crap that is obvious malware.

Ok bad example maybe this example better and quote:

In 2011, there were approximately 11,000 apps in Google’s mobile marketplace that contained malicious software capable of stealing people’s data and committing fraud, according to the results of a study published Wednesday by RiskIQ, an online security services company. By 2013, more than 42,000 apps in Google’s store contained spyware and information-stealing Trojan programs, researchers said.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2099421/report-malwareinfected-android-apps-spike-in-the-google-play-store.html

For example can you deny an app access to location like you can on iPhone, say you want maps to use location but not Facebook or whatsapp can you do that?

Dude maybe you can tell us where the settings are to disallow certain apps to use gps without having to turn off gps, been looking at a mates and seems there is no native way to stop certain apps from using gps while allowing others access, whats the path to the setting?

The apps ask if they can use it and they you say don't then later you can change it in the settings of some apps. I never had this problem with the Apps i used so give me a clear problem and ill try to help you.

But as for picture sorting and such that is better at android you can just make new folders and drag and drop while using your computer or even on your phone.

Apps called "App Ops" disable some permissions. There are a few with similar names. I'm rooted so not sure if that will affect what it will block. The one by ERICKDKFZ tells when an app last used a certain permission in the past. Most apps actually don't ever use many of the permissions when I've checked.

There are also others like Permission Manager.

I guess the title is a bit misleading i was more looking for software type thing, ...

The difference is mainly user experience versus what they are capable of.

Widgets is probably the single biggest difference. As an example both will give weather, but it how it gives weather that can differ. On my S3, I have a widget with a clock in it on my home screen that updates automatically. Just look and it is there. I can just nudge it and switch cities, so I have Bangkok as the other city and normally leave it there so the clock is Bangkok time at a glance. I can get the same info on ios of course, but it's just a different experience.

Or if I need that other time zone, I pull down the menu, hit the time in the upper right corner and the cities I have show up. Not hugely different to hitting the clock icon instead, but instead of having to find the clock icon, I'm there in 1 second. Could also put it on a widget as well.

Android also allows shortcuts to contacts so you can just click their picture and then phone, message, map their address, or email. Shortcuts can also be set up for things like messaging apps like Line contacts, or other things an app can do. So right now I just noticed I can put a widget for my bank on the desktop that will show the balances for my accounts. Pin protected even so I typed the pin on the tiny keyboard in the widget itself.

Also can shortcut to more mundane things like shortcuts to bookmarks. Or have a slideshow of my photos on the screen.

The way apps can work also varies. I use Keypass for passwords on my PC. On Android, I can just use Airdroid or Kies Air and can log on through a website and copy the file over. Or anything like Box, Dropbox, Onedrive, etc. to get the file over. On my ipad, I have to connect it, go to itunes and figure out how to get that file on there through the app portion of itunes. Can't just drag it on or download the file.

When I use keypass on Android, I open the file and pick a item and it will create two notifications in the pull down. One is copy username and the other is copy password. I then go to the app or website, hit the pull down, copy username and paste, then password and paste without having to get off the website or app. On my ipad I have to do a copy then paste, and go back to the keypass app for the other one.

So as with the keyboard, what can be done isn't so different, it is just how it is done or how easily, versus being able to do it versus not.

And don't put words in my mouth with your 100% claim.

The lengths that the Apple apologists will go to in order to tear down competitors.

I've read your full post. You are deeply ignorant about important system and security issues, even those specifically in relation to Android, in such a way that you are unqualified for Android advocacy. Please read the below because you are currently actively dangerous to the people you are advocating Android use to, due to your ignorance.

Reordered somewhat in an attempt at coherence (+ edited because ran into quote block limitations):

And again, Apple pushed for HTML 5 because OS 10.x does not play well with Flash, especially with MS Office on the same PC and I imagine iOS faces the same issues.
You really need to read this:
Specifically the issues regarding security, UI, stability, and battery life.
It's that older Android OS's are still supported
(my emphasis)
I do not think that word means what you think it means (heh, Inigo Montoya anybody?)
Older Android OSes continue to exist. They are not still supported. Google does NOT release service packs of security updates or bug fixes for older releases of Android. If you are on an older version of Android you are stuck with all the bugs and security holes of that release, unless you are able to upgrade to a later release. In this very forum you can find complaints about the availability of updates ( Android firmware support in Thailand -- utter trash ). The Nexus and "Google Play Edition" Android phones exist specifically because of the delay (or nonavailability!) of updates for vendor phones.
And I just test drove KitKat 4.4 and see no evidence of your claim that Android is scaling back the ability to migrate apps and files to SD
and this statement confirms to me that you are breathtakingly ignorant, and I daresay a fool.
these pop up in the first page of google searches for "jelly bean sd cards" and "kit kat sd cards":
Not only is this happening, this has been a step by step process over years... which you have somehow remained unaware of. I am astounded.
In my original post I did not think it necessary to state that the step by step reduction in SD card capability has been in moving from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jelly Bean (all 3 variants) to Kit Kat, thinking that people spending so much time jumping up and down about Android would know, but I guess not.
My god, man, these are in the official android docs. Are you in Thailand? Does Thai law enforce wagers of this sort? I would like to bet you your entire personal net worth that Google has been restricting SD card usage each release, per what I've said. Fair warning - these restrictions are explicitly stated in official android docs.
Edited by build6

Regardless, it's still nice to have a choice. Especially for those that don't buy a new device every year or have a new OS forced upon them.................... unlike Apple which tries to force an OS upgrade on you
Is it possible to talk you into borrowing money from your friends (since your personal assets would be covered by the previous bet) to wager that you have the choice to not install the OS upgrade?
Again, your arguments wouldn't fly at 1 Infinite Loop in Cupertino, where I sometimes use their facilities for research.

I am greatly amused that you're using this as a kind of authority. Do you know who the guest performer of Apple Idol was? I was there. Let's say your statement is actually accurate, and you're not someone who just visited the gift shop once. I'm prepared to tell you you are a fool to your face (plus collect my winnings from the bet above). Let's meet. I have old schoolmates now working in both Apple and Google who can sign me in to their respective campuses, take your pick? Shall we work out some monetary escrow so there's no waste of a plane ticket?

Only a fool would put their only copy of a treasured pic or other content on 1 form of media and just the single copy.

you have no experience with end users.
And don't put words in my mouth with your 100% claim.

Let's see. The discussion was in relation to app downloads off the respective stores. Apple's is curated. Google's is not.

Let's say there is an app I am thinking of downloading. Is it safe to download? Apple says "We've checked this". Google says "you're on your own". Your response is to run a malware scan. But - "there is no antivirus app that is 100% effective at detecting malware". Seems a perfectly appropriate statement to make here.

Edited by build6

I never made the "100%" claim. You did and put those words in my mouth, then argued against your own words.

Alternatively, the 100% statement is just that. Did not attribute the statement to you?

Thank you, precisely.

Sorry, but I fear most of the iPhone users don't know what they talk about unless they have actually been extensive Android users.... I've been both and PRACTICALLY speaking, the best iPhone cannot hold a candle to a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 or 3. Just try one for a few weeks and you'll see. It's like night and day in terms of practical functionality. iPhone is good Note 2 or 3 is simply much better.

Do you have a couple of examples how it's practically better

Widgets for one.

Our company develop mobile apps for iOS and android. For me it's just strange how google deal with there own store. You upload a software and some minutes later it's just available to download from the playstore. For me this feels complete unsafe. Apple proof your app against there rules. That's fine for me. Sure android isn't bad at all. They have some very nice features. But have to say after trying many android phones in the office I switched back every time to the iPhone. It just works. And yes it's not failure free. But who is without any failure? :)

I too have tried android phones in the past and always found myself coming back to iPhone. It just works. Ok it isn't feature rich like android phones but people are missing the point whereby apple gives you better usability on key features vs an acceptable experience with many features. I think this very point really grates android fans as it's seemingly impossible that a phone with more features is not as popular as a phone with less features but better UX.

Some of the new android phones look nice but I still don't see anyone coming close to the polished experience iPhone gives.

Edited by wellred

I think this very point really grates android fans as it's seemingly impossible that a phone with more features is not as popular as a phone with less features but better UX.

Android has a 70% market share, so what are you on about? Apple makes up just 23% of the market.

Edited by pbay
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Widgets for one.

This is true. Widgets are useful. I also feel the Google keyboard is better than the iOS one (though on tablets the "pull apart" gesture on iOS is excellent).

Just one current example why you have to take care even at the google playstore http://m.networkworld.com/news/2014/040714-android-antivirus-app-280469.html?mm_ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.de%2F

yikes. and apparently people have been hiding bit coin mining apps as wallpapers:

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/04/covert-bitcoin-miner-found-stashed-in-malicious-google-play-apps/

I guess the title is a bit misleading i was more looking for software type thing,

Have you considered Windows phone? I'm hearing good things about 8.1 though am not gonna put any of my own money down yet... anyone here with experience re: Windows mobile?

whistling.gif I actually have about as many Android phones as I have iPhones, so I guess I count as an "Android user".

@build6 and few others - I thought OP wanted to hear Android users' opinion, not apple fan boys'? smile.png

Sent from my mobile, whatever mobile it is.

Permissions are changed with 3rd party apps available on the play store. Apps ops manager is one of them (no root required) but sadly it doesn't work on the latest Android 4.4.2.

Advanced permission manager (also no root) works on a little bit different principle and so it works with 4.4.2

Then there are some root apps that can disable permissions and more.

This and other issues you've mentioned like organizing your picture library are no issue on android.

Think of Android phones as portable PCs. Pretty much everything you can do on s PC, you can also do on am Android phone. Note that Android phone vary from a manufacturer to manufacturer and from model to model so not all the features are available on every Android phone and that's great as you can choose and pay for what you actually need or want.

Regarding the malware on the play store - user common sense, no one needs to try every new app that pops up an a Play store, I never download any app that doesn't have a good rating with plenty of reviews, and I normally don't download any off market apps. Never had any virus issues and the 1st few years on android I never even had any antivirus apps installed.

Sent from my mobile, whatever mobile it is.

• Like 1

i have an app verifier on Android..make sure they are safe..the new iphone has a super multicoloured flash for different skin tones, good with Asians..I'm in Hawaii..many new. camera features..android will catch up soon. lots of Samsung in Thailand..

Google knows all about me..and uploads all my photos to the cloud.. how nice..

(optional).. lol.. alohz

p.s. adding SD card is nice.. battery changing.. thanks to You all for such good knowledge.. and "don't overcharge li-on batteries!"

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Widgets for one.

This is true. Widgets are useful. I also feel the Google keyboard is better than the iOS one (though on tablets the "pull apart" gesture on iOS is excellent).

Just one current example why you have to take care even at the google playstore http://m.networkworld.com/news/2014/040714-android-antivirus-app-280469.html?mm_ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.de%2F

yikes. and apparently people have been hiding bit coin mining apps as wallpapers:

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/04/covert-bitcoin-miner-found-stashed-in-malicious-google-play-apps/

Try using "Smart Keyboard Pro" or the free version from the Play store. Lets you use several different styles of keyboards and even adjust the size of the keys.

One of my favorite apps although I don't text much.

And Avast AV works well. Running any device on the internet or downloading any content without an AV is just asking for trouble.

Apple isn't targeted because their market share isn't worth the effort.

Edited by PHP87

Widgets for one.

Try using "Smart Keyboard Pro" or the free version from the Play store. Lets you use several different styles of keyboards and even adjust the size of the keys.

One of my favorite apps although I don't text much.

And Avast AV works well. Running any device on the internet or downloading any content without an AV is just asking for trouble.

Apple isn't targeted because their market share isn't worth the effort.

I think apple isn't targeted because it cannot be done, all apple apps work in there own sandbox so installing an app as malware wouldn't work outside of the app unless if course you explicitly ave that app to access things like contacts but even then you can turn on and off access hen you want for things like location, contacts, calendar etcetera something that doesn't seem possible with android natively

I've read your full post. You are deeply ignorant about important system and security issues, even those specifically in relation to Android, in such a way that you are unqualified for Android advocacy. Please read the below because you are currently actively dangerous to the people you are advocating Android use to, due to your ignorance.

Reordered somewhat in an attempt at coherence (+ edited because ran into quote block limitations):

And again, Apple pushed for HTML 5 because OS 10.x does not play well with Flash, especially with MS Office on the same PC and I imagine iOS faces the same issues.
You really need to read this:
Specifically the issues regarding security, UI, stability, and battery life.
It's that older Android OS's are still supported
(my emphasis)
I do not think that word means what you think it means (heh, Inigo Montoya anybody?)
Older Android OSes continue to exist. They are not still supported. Google does NOT release service packs of security updates or bug fixes for older releases of Android. If you are on an older version of Android you are stuck with all the bugs and security holes of that release, unless you are able to upgrade to a later release. In this very forum you can find complaints about the availability of updates ( Android firmware support in Thailand -- utter trash ). The Nexus and "Google Play Edition" Android phones exist specifically because of the delay (or nonavailability!) of updates for vendor phones.
And I just test drove KitKat 4.4 and see no evidence of your claim that Android is scaling back the ability to migrate apps and files to SD
and this statement confirms to me that you are breathtakingly ignorant, and I daresay a fool.
these pop up in the first page of google searches for "jelly bean sd cards" and "kit kat sd cards":
Not only is this happening, this has been a step by step process over years... which you have somehow remained unaware of. I am astounded.
In my original post I did not think it necessary to state that the step by step reduction in SD card capability has been in moving from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jelly Bean (all 3 variants) to Kit Kat, thinking that people spending so much time jumping up and down about Android would know, but I guess not.
My god, man, these are in the official android docs. Are you in Thailand? Does Thai law enforce wagers of this sort? I would like to bet you your entire personal net worth that Google has been restricting SD card usage each release, per what I've said. Fair warning - these restrictions are explicitly stated in official android docs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so starts the name-calling from the Apple fan boys.

The facts are that an overwhelming majority of Android phones allow RAM expansion via SD Card while Apple is still sticking it to their customers that must buy a new, far more expensive device if they run low on storage.

So what if you can't install apps to the newer Android OS? Who uses that many apps anyways? Teenage girls?

Most mid-range Android phones come with at least 5GB of internal storage which is more than 90% of what most people will need for apps.

No, the reason for an SD card is to store Media, not Apps. Apps generally don't take up much storage. Apps like Google Earth do, for example, but most apps don't.

I'm using 1.3GB of internal storage on my Android phone and have more than 100 apps on my phone. Everything else resides on a removable SD.

The reason for an SD card if for Media - like the 10,000+ MP3 collection I have, or the numerous HD movies that take up a lot of space and that I can watch on my Android device that has a good sized screen instead of a puny 4" screen that Apple is still producing in the year 2014 which is laughable and charging a fortune for as well.

And there are also apps that allow one to move apps to SD. I've seen that as far back as ICS

And again, I just upgraded my battery for under $15.00 from 2100mAh to 3,230mAh in a less than a minute (after removing the protective case from my device) and I'm going days without a recharge, even while viewing videos and listening to music in addition to web surfing and using apps. And the battery doesn't get hot like it did on my iPhones of the past.

Again, Apple is still stuck in the past with their smallish screens, inability to expand storage and a battery that is costly and difficult to replace, not to mention the inability to drag and drop Media and still using that clunky, virus-like iTunes that wants to play all the media on your PC unless you configure it not to do so and force updates onto your phone, whether you want them or not. Sucks if you want to Jailbreak your phone and can't because iTunes upgraded your firmware when you plugged into iTunes.

And I don't need iTunes to restore my phone to Stock or to it's previous config as I can do it from an SD card or from a USB drive. Or from my PC.

But the Apple fan boys will camp out for days to get the latest iPhone that doesn't do much more than the previous iteration, buy they now come in a wide variety of colors, most of which won't be seen once the user places a protective case on the phone.

Style over substance from Apple, as usual. Along with the hefty price tag.

Can't expand storage, can't swap the battery without a lot of blood, sweat and tears (and expense), can't drag and drop, smaller screen than sub $100 Android phones, iTunes, which is almost as intrusive on your PC as RealPlayer used to be, all for (at least) twice the price. Gee, what's not to like?

But rumor has it Apple might upgrade to a 4.7 inch screen in a year or two. And I'm sure there will be a nice price bump to go along with a screen size that most Android user's have been enjoying for years. I bet the lines to the Apple store will stretch for blocks for this "new" innovation.

Edited by PHP87

i have an app verifier on Android..make sure they are safe..the new iphone has a super multicoloured flash for different skin tones, good with Asians..I'm in Hawaii..many new. camera features..android will catch up soon. lots of Samsung in Thailand..

Google knows all about me..and uploads all my photos to the cloud.. how nice..

(optional).. lol.. alohz

p.s. adding SD card is nice.. battery changing.. thanks to You all for such good knowledge.. and "don't overcharge li-on batteries!"

You can always use Instagram for your pics if you have privacy concerns with Google.

You must have some pretty interesting pics up there!smile.png

Sorry, but I fear most of the iPhone users don't know what they talk about unless they have actually been extensive Android users.... I've been both and PRACTICALLY speaking, the best iPhone cannot hold a candle to a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 or 3. Just try one for a few weeks and you'll see. It's like night and day in terms of practical functionality. iPhone is good Note 2 or 3 is simply much better.

Do you have a couple of examples how it's practically better

Widgets for one.

Try HD Widgets. They allow you to put some really gorgeous Widgets on your phone. I really like the one's for Weather. Download the "Glass Gems" add on and the other add ons as well.

$1.99 on the PlayStore and well worth it.

Here's a few examples, but the pics don't do them justice.

You can change the colors of the Widget along with the color of the text and other elements as well.

Take a look at some examples:

post-192270-0-77549500-1398503240_thumb.

Edited by PHP87