What happens if I break my house lease?

Part of my job is dealing with situations like this. The company I work for owns apartment buildings in Bangkok, and I manage the building managers.

In our case, if you leave before the end of your agreed rental period you will forfeit your deposit. That's it. We don't chase you across town. We don't call the police (unless you literally destroyed the room and its contents). We don't expect anyone to pay for the remaining rental period.

Some tenants do move out before the specified minimum period on their rental contract. For us it's no big deal.

Part of my job is dealing with situations like this. The company I work for owns apartment buildings in Bangkok, and I manage the building managers.

In our case, if you leave before the end of your agreed rental period you will forfeit your deposit. That's it. We don't chase you across town. We don't call the police (unless you literally destroyed the room and its contents). We don't expect anyone to pay for the remaining rental period.

Some tenants do move out before the specified minimum period on their rental contract. For us it's no big deal.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I walking without paying the last months rent and bills doesn't cost the landlord anything as deposit is 2 months rent..so no loss. I think I will just walk later in the month. I am only lightly packed. I don't really want to give them a bad impression of farang as the next one will get bad treatment no doubt. The room is in the same condition as when I started renting.

• 6 months later...

My contract is specific:

If Lessee terminates the contract or moves out before the contract expires, Lessee automatically forfeits the security deposit as well as all the money the Lessee has paid. Which means I can walk and only risk my deposit.

Kurt