Thailand's caretaker Cabinet approves budget for first-car scheme reimbursement

webfact

Cabinet approves budget for first-car scheme reimbursement
By English News

13986777577444.jpg

BANGKOK, April 28 - Thailand's caretaker Cabinet on Monday approved reimbursing the first-car scheme with Bt5 billion in funds from the central budget, while Finance Ministry affirmed that Bt90 billion will be paid to farmers under the rice-pledging scheme by the end of June.

Caretaker Deputy Finance Minister Tanusak Lekuthai said the Cabinet approved the budget for the first-car buyer programme of those who held their vehicles for one year.

The reimbursement will cover May-July, he said, adding that the new government will consider the repayment for August and September.

Mr Tanusak said the reimbursement is delayed due to the documentation process.

Meanwhile, the remaining Bt90 billion to be allocated to pay farmers under the rice-pledging scheme will be collected from funds to help farmers and related organisations.

He said the savings account now amounts to almost Bt10 billion and is expected to reach Bt20 billion by the end of May. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-04-28

"He said the savings account now amounts to almost Bt10 billion and is expected to reach Bt20 billion by the end of May."

WUT? THE <DELETED> IS HE TALKING ABOUT?

He is talking about 3 separate funds that the NACC (not the Govt) set up to help the farmers.

One is for donations, the other is a non interest bearing term deposit and the third is an interest bearing term deposit with, from memory, 0 .63% interest.

All of these are subscribed to by the PUBLIC and are nothing to do with the Govt raising money to pay the farmers.

If he is correct in saying the 3 funds are now up to almost 10 billion and could reach 20 billion it is only because the people of this country, from the goodness of their hearts, are helping the farmers.

I did read an article that gave the numbers but don't remember where.

I wonder how many of the PT pollies have contributed, donated ?

• Like 2

"He said the savings account now amounts to almost Bt10 billion and is expected to reach Bt20 billion by the end of May."

He is talking about 3 separate funds that the NACC (not the Govt) set up to help the farmers.

One is for donations, the other is a non interest bearing term deposit and the third is an interest bearing term deposit with, from memory, 0 .63% interest.

All of these are subscribed to by the PUBLIC and are nothing to do with the Govt raising money to pay the farmers.

If he is correct in saying the 3 funds are now up to almost 10 billion and could reach 20 billion it is only because the people of this country, from the goodness of their hearts, are helping the farmers.

it was set up by BAAC ie Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives which is a state enterprise and therefore I think an underhand way of borrowing money for the 2nd ( no interest ) and 3rd ( small interest ) which can be withdrawn after 31 December , so the next Government is going to have to pay it back. Only money deposited in the first account is a donation and from memory it has the smallest amount

"Mr Tanusak said the reimbursement is delayed due to the documentation process."

Why so many lies being told by this government?

Do they really think that they are the clever ones and everybody else is stupid?

Fortunately, Thai people started waking up, and soon will kick them out.

That quote, the first sentence, hilarious, tripe, BS, this is one for the new year best---tall story club.

"Mr Tanusak said the reimbursement is delayed due to the documentation process."

Do they really think that they are the clever ones and everybody else is stupid?

Every time we catch someone lying, we should post this saying.

lenin-a-lie-told-often-enough-becomes-th

• Like 2

it was set up by BAAC ie Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives which is a state enterprise and therefore I think an underhand way of borrowing money for the 2nd ( no interest ) and 3rd ( small interest ) which can be withdrawn after 31 December , so the next Government is going to have to pay it back. Only money deposited in the first account is a donation and from memory it has the smallest amount

Correct... I have been actually following this and getting little bits of info on it whenever it surfaces...

I do believe that the BACC has managed thus fasr to get about 2.5 Bn baht from those three schemes.

You are also right that this is in fact quite illegal because all these schemes were underwritten by the Finance Ministry to guarantee the repayment from the government. So it is actually saddling the next government with the debt and also using government funds to 'buy votes'. All without the consent of the EC.

The 10 Bn in the 'savings bank' is actually half the 20 Bn they stole from the central fund (albeit after managing to BS the EC to get permission). Of which that 10 Bn is expected to go straight back to the central fund as part of the repayment as promised... The other phantom 10 Bn that is expected to appear by the end of may is merely positive spin on 'expected' rice sales which have actually once again STALLED!

The OP is a totally contrived weekly report of BS fed out to the buffaloes to keep them quiet, and with each report, the promises get bigger and bigger.

What they have actually done is deliver just another fake deadline to the farmers that they will ALL be paid by the end of June.. All I can say is that I hope the backlash is severe and deadly from the farmers, and I really do hope that they remain unpaid till the time they go to the ballot box. Because if they allow themselves to be duped once again by Thaksin and put him back into power.... Then they are in for 'much more of the same'.

• Like 1

also

My mistake sorry,

Yes the BAAC the Agg bank which although a state enterprise is only working as an agent to pay the farmers with the money given to them by the Ministry of commerce.

They are also paid a commission for the job which, if I understand correctly, is deducted before the farmers get paid.

Because truths will get them ejected even faster...

BAAC Launches Fund to Help Rice Farmers

Published on March 4, 2014 by TFP · No Comments

BANGKOK, 3 March 2014 (NNT) â” A short-term Rice Farmerâs Fund has been established in order to pay farmers while they wait to be fully funded by the government. This fund has been made possible by donations and contributions based on the generosity of Thai people, said Suwimol Aonin, manager of the Ubol Ratchathani branch of the Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC).

The fundâs value of 20 billion baht merely covers 20 percent of the total debt that the government owes the farmers. The fund can be divided into two types: with 0.63% interest, and another type without interest. In addition, there is a fund open for people to donate to the farmers directly, she said.

BAAC will manage the fund while waiting for money allocation to farmers. This is a way to help farmers and also triggers domestic consumption during the economic slowdown.

The bond matures in 8 months and is backed by government debt (i.e. a secure shortterm place to stick cash with the option of earning interest if you want to).

Added: Most of you are Farang I think. You're on a visa, which requires a deposit of 800,000 baht in a bank account doing nothing. I wonder if this bond counts as a deposit for that visa. It would be a nice gesture to support democracy if that money could be stuck in the BAAC account. Something the EC couldn't block, that would help democracy and help stimulate the economy AV/ST have messed up.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

I'd be more interested in how many PT pollies are trying to get their sticky fingers into the pot.

BANGKOK, 3 March 2014 (NNT) â A short-term Rice Farmerâs Fund has been established in order to pay farmers while they wait to be fully funded by the government. This fund has been made possible by donations and contributions based on the generosity of Thai people, said Suwimol Aonin, manager of the Ubol Ratchathani branch of the Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC).

The fundâs value of 20 billion baht merely covers 20 percent of the total debt that the government owes the farmers. The fund can be divided into two types: with 0.63% interest, and another type without interest. In addition, there is a fund open for people to donate to the farmers directly, she said.

BAAC will manage the fund while waiting for money allocation to farmers. This is a way to help farmers and also triggers domestic consumption during the economic slowdown.

The bond matures in 8 months and is backed by government debt (i.e. a secure shortterm place to stick cash with the option of earning interest if you want to).

Added: Most of you are Farang I think. You're on a visa, which requires a deposit of 800,000 baht in a bank account doing nothing. I wonder if this bond counts as a deposit for that visa. It would be a nice gesture to support democracy if that money could be stuck in the BAAC account. Something the EC couldn't block, that would help democracy and help stimulate the economy AV/ST have messed up.

The EC is ensuring the govt follows the law, an essential aspect of democracy. The economy has been messed up by an incompetent govt with no grasp of economics if the rice scheme is anything is to go by. Suthep's lunacy has not helped I grant but he has only added to the situation PT's misrule created. I would not deposit a large amount of money in a bank that could use it to pay off the govts rice scheme debts. I might never see it again. Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

BANGKOK, 3 March 2014 (NNT) â A short-term Rice Farmerâs Fund has been established in order to pay farmers while they wait to be fully funded by the government. This fund has been made possible by donations and contributions based on the generosity of Thai people, said Suwimol Aonin, manager of the Ubol Ratchathani branch of the Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC).

The EC is ensuring the govt follows the law, an essential aspect of democracy. The economy has been messed up by an incompetent govt with no grasp of economics if the rice scheme is anything is to go by. Suthep's lunacy has not helped I grant but he has only added to the situation PT's misrule created. I would not deposit a large amount of money in a bank that could use it to pay off the govts rice scheme debts. I might never see it again.

What I'm wondering is how much those "defenders of Democracy"; Thaksin, his children, Yingluck, Surapong and the rest of the clan have contributed to these "funds". Maybe, Blue Nose, if you would offer to match their contributions with one baht of yours for every 100,000 baht by them you would still have some of your savings left. ...check that, you'd still have it all! ...Plus, though I think you could donate (of course that you could do in anybody's name...Thaksin's perhaps). I doubt that they would allow a foreigner to open an interest bearing account. ...and of course the point that Bluespunk makes is certainly in play. ...but hey, you go ahead...isn't the saying... "put your money where your mouth is" ?

The reimbursement will cover May-July, he said, adding that the new government will consider the repayment for August and September.

Mr Tanusak said the reimbursement is delayed due to the documentation process.

Unless it's a bad translation it seems to contradict itself.

Since it's just paying back what they were given in the first place I wonder where the money went.

Quite a political gambit, if you think about it.

So, this is put in place and it's just a matter of time before it becomes the focus of a corruption scandal. Whoever is ruling at the time that TSHTF (hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ. )

takes the hit. It would be a good reason to NOT want to be in power.

Added: Most of you are Farang I think. You're on a visa, which requires a deposit of 800,000 baht in a bank account doing nothing. I wonder if this bond counts as a deposit for that visa. It would be a nice gesture to support democracy if that money could be stuck in the BAAC account.

Deposits in a bond don't qualify for visa requirements.

Yingluck is on her own in finding money to pay for her rice scam. Perhaps the half dozen billionaires in the Shin Clan could step up.

Added: Most of you are Farang I think. You're on a visa, which requires a deposit of 800,000 baht in a bank account doing nothing. I wonder if this bond counts as a deposit for that visa. It would be a nice gesture to support democracy if that money could be stuck in the BAAC account.

Deposits in a bond don't qualify for visa requirements.

Yingluck is on her own in finding money to pay for her rice scam. Perhaps the half dozen billionaires in the Shin Clan could step up.

You don't understand. The Shin Clan take not give away. I wonder who actually paid for the food parcels that were distributed with Thaksin's face printed on during the last flood in some areas?

The Shins don't differentiates between assets - all theirs because they were democratically elected, but do differentiate between spend. wink.png

OK, There have been many announced rice sales

so on top of this is the "loan" from central funds

It is clear that 10 billion of this money was not paid to farmers

Can any one see through the FOG and tell us how much the government has actually PAID TO RICE FARMERS

The EC is ensuring the govt follows the law, an essential aspect of democracy. The economy has been messed up by an incompetent govt with no grasp of economics if the rice scheme is anything is to go by. Suthep's lunacy has not helped I grant but he has only added to the situation PT's misrule created. I would not deposit a large amount of money in a bank that could use it to pay off the govts rice scheme debts. I might never see it again.

No, the EC was playing partisan politics and an Electoral Commission that fails to run an election is the opposite of democracy. A legally approved program should not have had its bond funding blocked, and to pretend they didn't have the authority (when in fact they have the legal obligation) is a disingenuous way of blocking it. Notice that when Yingluk let them 'mediate' the EC did an about-face and approved some of the bond issues. So much for not having the authority!

somchai-EC-2-wpcf_728x413.jpg

As to what the EC did with that mediation? Well let us remember.

A roadmap to resolve the country’s political impasse will be unveiled on Monday, said Mr Somchai Srisutthiyakorn, election commissioner for electoral affairs today (Friday).

He said that the roadmap was the joint effort of seven independent organizations which include the Election Commission, the National Anti-Corruption Commission, the Ombudsman’s Office, the Office of the Auditor-General, the National Human Rights Commission, the Office of the Attorney-General and the National Economic and Social Advisory Council.

Representatives of the seven organizations met today for a brainstorming session and they finally came up with a roadmap which will be announced at a press conference on Monday at the Office of the Ombudsman, said Mr Somchai.

They attempted to misuse their respective offices to take political power. There was a bit of frantic running around diplomacy that weekend, which resulted in a massive about face on Monday when they announced they'd only act as 'facilitators'.

So no, the blocking of bonds by EC for programs already passed into law is pure politics. When they did it just before an election, it went far beyond a bad choice.

OK, There have been many announced rice sales

so on top of this is the "loan" from central funds

It is clear that 10 billion of this money was not paid to farmers

Can any one see through the FOG and tell us how much the government has actually PAID TO RICE FARMERS

The equivalent of about 3 dollars.

Edited by gangrel
  • Like 1

I've got a gesture for you!

Ref BlueNoseCodger.

More incorrect information again. The 800,000 baht in the bank only applies to a retirement extension, not a retirement visa and there is an alternative of 65,000 baht monthly income. You obviously forgot or ignored the marriage extension which is 400,000 baht or 40,000 baht a month income or a combination of both, or the Education visa, the teachers visa and probably a number of other visas not to mention the visa for the farang wife married to the Thai husband which requires no funds.

If the economy is messedup why do you believe it was done by Abhisit and Suthep? The PTP have been in power since 2011 and it is THEIR government policies which have messed up the country.

• Like 2