Why is this forum so downright negative?

Tmymaimee

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you ever watch the news on television ?

Agree, bad news sells.

It's only negative if you choose to read the negative stuff.

Pick and choose well. Lots of really good stories and great people here.

Quite right. Don't read it if you don't like it. There is plenty of positivity in this forum, you just have to know where to look.

Stay out of the madhouse that is the General Forum would be a start.

Yes, I know bad news is more exciting but I'm not talking about that. What I mean is when someone has something positive to say about their life or another person, its always the poster with 5000 or more posts that will reply with something negative. I don't care about that either. What I really want to know is whether the personality portrayed by these negative posters is an accurate reflection of their real life personality?

I only ask this because day to day in Thailand, I only seem to encounter positive, smiling happy foreigners and never some of the outright negativity displayed here. So who are these posters? Is there somewhere u can meet them in real life to see a bitter, angry foreigner?

• Like 2

The problem is, OP posts about new girlfriend every second week and each time its a success story, followed by another success and another.

Sadly each success story with OP seems to have one thing in common and that is new/old girlfriend shortcomings.

OP, if you happy with your new gf, why do you feel the need to share it with total strangers? Do you not have friends or family? or you too embarrassed to show how wonderful each one is

Edited by Pralaad
  • Like 1

Yes, I know bad news is more exciting but I'm not talking about that. What I mean is when someone has something positive to say about their life or another person, its always the poster with 5000 or more posts that will reply with something negative. I don't care about that either. What I really want to know is whether the personality portrayed by these negative posters is an accurate reflection of their real life personality?

I only ask this because day to day in Thailand, I only seem to encounter positive, smiling happy foreigners and never some of the outright negativity displayed here. So who are these posters? Is there somewhere u can meet them in real life to see a bitter, angry foreigner?

consider also that many who post here do not always live here. As one person said, negativity sells. It's also much easier to be negative. It requires almost no effort. Being and staying positive is work. In some cases, it s best to view postings as entertainment, although I would say of somewhat dubious value,overall.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

To add......this forum is a great source of information. As people have different experiences in life and therefore hold different opinions, it can be for a"not know it all" an eyeopener.

Personally i wished that i would have joined this forum years earlier. If so, it would, i hope, certainly have made a change to my present life.

Presently, i do my best to not react to some posts or certain posters. On many occasions i have written a response to post but by rereading it, i ask myself.....what does it really bring to post it.....so i dont post it. Am unfortunately not always succesful in doing it.

Absolutely. People can complain all they want but there's not really any better online resource for expats in Thailand than on this forum or if there is I'm yet to find it.

And another good point, I think it is sound advice to try and not react when the keyboard warriors are out trying to get you to bite.

I agree with the OP. He should talk to the guy who started these negative topics,

"1. Just witnessed a horrifying accident in Pattaya.

2. Why do Thais watch me and gossip so much?

3. Why don't farang women take better care of themselves?

4. Cheating Thai girlfriends

5. Thai butting in line

6. Disgusting red shirt rally garbage dump Kha Talo Road

7. Racist Thai teacher

8. Why so many unhappy farang in Bangkok / Pattaya bars?"

clap2.gif Best possible answer !

• Like 2

"Just read the topic headlines...scam, have nothing left, cheated....."

Presumably people post about that because that's what's happened to them. There's a lot of negative things going on in Thailand and there's nothing new about that.

I dare say if something nice had happened to them they would post about that too; but it just doesn't happen.

Personally I've not been scammed, have plenty left and haven't been cheated, and I sleep soundly and am always in a good mood. Why? Because I never let anyone in Thailand get anywhere near my money, regardless of what colour their skin is. Simples.

Well you say that you don't meet people like this in real life but let's turn it around for a sec.

When you're actually out, in real life, do you reel off nonsense of the same low grade that you do on this forum.

For example, do you tell then how you got rid of your schoolteacher girlfriend because she preferred not to wear skirts and dresses short enough to showcase her crotch?

Do you tell people in the real world that you finished with one because she was a serial sweater?

How about the hi-so nympho with the new car?

Do you tell them how much you loved Thailand when you first moved here because your wallet opened the door to carnal pleasures with hitherto unobtainable women?

What kind of reaction do you think you'd get if you did?

Most people probably wouldn't slate you; they'd just walk away in disgust but when you do it here, people feel obliged to bat it back to you in terms you might find erm . . . negative.

I hope that answers your question

• Like 1

The simple answer is that the majority of posters are grumpy old farts who spend their days at their keyboards moaning and bitching. I only hope it keeps the old gits off the streets and away from the rest of the (much happier) human race!

Moanin' and grumblin', grrhh, argh... It wan't like that in my day... Work hard and earn your retirement like me... Grrhhh... Etc....

• Like 1

Well you say that you don't meet people like this in real life but let's turn it around for a sec.

When you're actually out, in real life, do you reel off nonsense of the same low grade that you do on this forum.

For example, do you tell then how you got rid of your schoolteacher girlfriend because she preferred not to wear skirts and dresses short enough to showcase her crotch?

Do you tell people in the real world that you finished with one because she was a serial sweater?

How about the hi-so nympho with the new car?

Do you tell them how much you loved Thailand when you first moved here because your wallet opened the door to carnal pleasures with hitherto unobtainable women?

What kind of reaction do you think you'd get if you did?

Most people probably wouldn't slate you; they'd just walk away in disgust but when you do it here, people feel obliged to bat it back to you in terms you might find erm . . . negative.

I hope that answers your question

Done research ?

The simple answer is that the majority of posters are grumpy old farts who spend their days at their keyboards moaning and bitching. I only hope it keeps the old gits off the streets and away from the rest of the (much happier) human race!

Moanin' and grumblin', grrhh, argh... It wan't like that in my day... Work hard and earn your retirement like me... Grrhhh... Etc....

You forgot to include....bold, tattooed and fat. Jeezzzz.

Its just not possible for some to post without insulting others...

• Like 1

I think they hide under the floorboards until the sun goes down, then they shuffle over to the keyboard and begin to spread their negativity. I can't verify this, however I heard that the mods sometimes go round and slide some food under the door from time to time.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think they hide under the floorboards until the sun goes down, then they shuffle over to the keyboard and begin to spread their negativity. I can't verify this, however I heard that the mods sometimes go round and slide some food under the door from time to time.

Hide? These guys never go outside, day or night.

Too true OP..........rather than support people in their happiness.......a lot seem to relish in putting them down or trying to spoil it for them.

But I am a great believer in "Evolution" as the answer to most of life's puzzles. We are all at different starting points each day we wake up, some are catching up and others have moved on to a higher level.

"No man is my friend, no man is my enemy but every man is my teacher".