Cultural Question

djmatty

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the OP... No bar fine should be paid. It is something you have built up together, but she sounds enterprising so she may just hit you with trying to get a bar fine.

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

+1...Bar fine=No....IMHO

This is certainly a classic thread in the making.

Never a dull moment. Seriously, his mother must be so proud.

I am sure she is laugh.png Especially f he has finally moved out of her house at the age of 50

If she owns and runs the bar why would you have to pay her a bar fine - or anything for that matter? wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

Because she's a prostitute. It's really that simple. There are many thousands of Thai working girls who see a guy whenever he's in Thailand ... often year after year. And even if she actually likes him and is happy to see him again, she's still a prostitute who mainly hangs with the guy to have sex for money.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking it. It's actually very convenient and a lot of fun as long as you never forget ... she's a prostitute!

If she owns and runs the bar why would you have to pay her a bar fine - or anything for that matter? wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

Because she's a prostitute. It's really that simple. There are many thousands of Thai working girls who see a guy whenever he's in Thailand ... often year after year. And even if she actually likes him and is happy to see him again, she's still a prostitute who mainly hangs with the guy to have sex for money.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking it. It's actually very convenient and a lot of fun as long as you never forget ... she's a prostitute!

No really..... I think you missed the point of my reply whistling.gif

Hi All,

I travel to Thailand once or twice a year. and have been seeing the same Bar Girl for the last 3. We are not in love or making any plans we are just compatible, so, when I'm there I stick with her. I don't send her any money whilst at home, so she is free to do as she pleases then. I never ask. This year in between trips, she has bought a small bar of her own. I don't know where she got the money, but I think it was someone in her family not a flang, to be honest I don't care like I said, it's not love.

She runs the bar day to day but says she still wants to see me when I go over in a couple of months. My question is, that whilst I'm happy to pay our usual arrangement, I am less happy to pay a bar fine, as she OWNS the bar now. Am I off the mark?

Thanks in advance.

very good idea Edited by IanSalisbury

The question should be - Do you like stirring another man's porridge?

Jeezcheesy.gif

Thinking about your posts, you shouldn't be allowed to give "advice" to others. You stir another guy's porridge now for how long?

Take your bucket of porridge and get someone else to stir it!

I'm more a bacon and 2 x fried egg man.

Keep in mind that a bar fine is there to cover the cost of lost drink selling revenue when the girl is gone. If you take the owner out of the bar, she is losing money, and the supervisor is gone. Thai's love to make money. Bar girls, hookers, anyone who works in that world is there to make as much money as possible. Bottom line. Any farang who walks into that world should know they are ATM's ready to be worked. One way or the other. OP - wise up. If you're not going to marry the gal and help run the bar, then pony up. Pay the bar fine, pay the 2000 baht or whatever is her going rate and shut the f up. It gets pretty boring hearing whining farangs complain about paying the price for their folly. Wherever you go in the world you're just not going to get around it - you want to be with a woman, its going to cost you money. Only 500 baht or $15 for taking a working employee away from her business for a few hours, or all night - you have to be one cheap loser to think that's unfair.

The levels of expertise on 'barfines" is second to none here. Be there no doubt tv has the creme de la creme beer bar tenured professors.

Maybe for the op, paying the bar fine is of low interest, low importance? There exist some people on earth that don't care very much about beer bars/go go bars but may have found a dating friend there. beer bars / go go bars in the opinion of some are uninteresting places where one must listen to essentially the same "small talk" repeatedly. even if you speak thai and have some education and personal development/self esteem and interests they are still boring in general. it is most uncommon to chat with an interesting gal at those places.

Keep in mind that a bar fine is there to cover the cost of lost drink selling revenue when the girl is gone. If you take the owner out of the bar, she is losing money, and the supervisor is gone. Thai's love to make money. Bar girls, hookers, anyone who works in that world is there to make as much money as possible. Bottom line. Any farang who walks into that world should know they are ATM's ready to be worked. One way or the other. OP - wise up. If you're not going to marry the gal and help run the bar, then pony up. Pay the bar fine, pay the 2000 baht or whatever is her going rate and shut the f up. It gets pretty boring hearing whining farangs complain about paying the price for their folly. Wherever you go in the world you're just not going to get around it - you want to be with a woman, its going to cost you money. Only 500 baht or $15 for taking a working employee away from her business for a few hours, or all night - you have to be one cheap loser to think that's unfair.

Please forgive the "cheap losers" that need not spend money to date attractive nice women having decent jobs, lives, careers, cars etc etc.

Please tell us how we can escape the "cheap loser" image and be like you.

Please forgive the "cheap losers" that need not spend money to date attractive nice women having decent jobs, lives, careers, cars etc etc.

I was addressing the OP - regarding paying or not paying a bar fine. Not the rest of the people in the world. If you're not a cheap loser then great, date the attractive nice woman and have fun - you don't apply.

I was addressing the OP - regarding paying or not paying a bar fine. Not the rest of the people in the world. If you're not a cheap loser then great, date the attractive nice woman and have fun - you don't apply.

Thank you but some of us that may relate to the OP feel hurt

djmatty

Hi All,

I travel to Thailand once or twice a year. and have been seeing the same Bar Girl for the last 3. We are not in love or making any plans we are just compatible, so, when I'm there I stick with her. I don't send her any money whilst at home, so she is free to do as she pleases then. I never ask. This year in between trips, she has bought a small bar of her own. I don't know where she got the money, but I think it was someone in her family not a flang, to be honest I don't care like I said, it's not love.

She runs the bar day to day but says she still wants to see me when I go over in a couple of months. My question is, that whilst I'm happy to pay our usual arrangement, I am less happy to pay a bar fine, as she OWNS the bar now. Am I off the mark?

Thanks in advance.

***** Since your happy to pay the usual arrangement you still pay the bar fine because "She is not your G/F " just a Thai Bar girl you pay to sleep with and go around when you visit Thailand.

Also, if any mods are watching this I would ask that the title of the thread be changed. It's deeply offensive to suggest this has anything to do with Thai culture. Considering Thai culture is made up of three core elements; nation-religion-monarchy - I ask that you remove any reference that suggests prostitution is a cultural practice.

Seems strange that someone who calls himself "kennypowers", after the misogynist, foul-mouthed neanderthal washed up baseball player from the terrible HBO tv show 'Eastbound and Down', (finally canceled) would get so sanctimonious about prostitution being a part of Thai culture. It is.

On another note, nice to hear from an unabashed sex tourist. "ST's" get a bad rap on here, mostly from hypocrites. OP, one way or another, you know you will pay, whether it's called a bar fine or not.

She must be good!

Thank you but some of us that may relate to the OP feel hurt

I don't understand how you would feel hurt if it doesn't apply to you. If I take a bottle of wine into a restaurant and they tell me there's a $5 corking fee, that would be their right and policy. If I don't like it I can go home and drink my wine there. Simple as that. What good does it do me to complain about a corking fee to the restaurant manager or on TV? It is just what is. I go there and pay it, or I don't go there and don't pay it. All over Thailand if I go to a Kiosk where there are bar girls working, and I want to take one away for a good time, there is a bar fine to pay. It is just what is. I don't negotiate with the mamasan about not paying. I either pay it or go away. I guess I would define a loser as someone who comes to Thailand and fights the system, tries to change the rules, whines about the way things are, always tries to get everything for the least amount of money, without considering that these are people who have rent to pay, family to support, that these bar girls are just like everyone else, trying to make a living and better their lot in life. If I go to pleasure myself, I always pay the bar fine without question, I pay the going rate for the gal, and usually leave a good tip. And they're happy and not thinking I'm not just another cheap ass farang. btw - I can talk to these gals in Thai and they've told me how they feel about farangs who are always trying to undervalue their service. All I'm saying is to treat Thai people with dignity and respect, not like dumb third world people you can take advantage of. That doesn't help our reputation in any way.

• Like 1