US sanctions target key Putin aides

webfact

No they're not. The "nuclear option" is American SLANG for a serious measure. It does NOT literally mean a nuclear attack. DUH!!!!!

Please forgive my ignorance, after all only around 300 million people on this planet are Americans, the rest of us, peasant are notblink.png

For your family sake, you better hope Putin knows American slang, or you may have a few nukes heading.

You ignorance is forgiven. You might want to stick to reading RT and other blogs that do not use American slang.

I seriously doubt Putin is ready to launch due to something written in an editorial comment.

Also the guy who was talking about using the " nuclear option" is a spokesman for Nomura, which last time I looked is a Japanese investment bank, rather than part of the State Dept or Pentagon.

Well, now i am very confused, why would a Japanese banker give interview or make statement on behalf of US government?

Also the guy who was talking about using the " nuclear option" is a spokesman for Nomura, which last time I looked is a Japanese investment bank, rather than part of the State Dept or Pentagon.

Well, now i am very confused, why would a Japanese banker give interview or make statement on behalf of US government?

While Nomura is a Japanese firm, their business interest are global.

The person quoted is Alastair Newton, a political analyst at Nomura's political risk assessment group (something which almost any major banking/holding/securities/investment/finance firm got). He was previously with Lehman Brothers, until Nomura bought their Europe operations.

I do not believe he spoke on behalf of the USA, but was rather interviewed as a political commentator