Jeremy Clarkson is 'caught on camera using N-word'

webfact

PC gone mad again...

The offending word is derived from the Latin word for black.

In many languages the word for black is derived from this Latin word.

Many country and place names also come from word.

It is not the word that is offensive but the sentiment in it's use.

What next are words such as limy, blond, pommy, Tommy, Dai, Jock, Paddy, going to be banned?

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all those anti-pc posters who delight in protecting free speech and think this is all in good fun let me pose three questions and ask that you answer them honestly.

1. You have a disabled child and are pushing their wheelchair through the supermarket one day when someone asks you to move the f-----g cripple out of the way.

2. Your son is gay (or homosexual if "gay" is too pc for you) and you hear someone refer to him as "that flaming faggot

(or queer if you are in the UK)"

3. You are in a pub/bar with your wife and the barman asks what the fat c---t wants to drink (even if she is one).

Would you:

a) Slap the old chap/good old mate on the back, chuckle at his sense of humor and be grateful for freedom of speech or

cool.png Be deeply offended?

Be honest now

what a spurious comparison. each of the situations you describe is directed at a specific individual, accompanied by either a derogatory adjective and are deliberately confrontational.

nice try.

• Like 2

Why do they always blame Jeremy? The editors have plenty of time to edit what he says so put the blame on them.

If he said something along the lines of " Im a serial killer and I train child soldiers" would they air that? No ofcourse they wouldnt so why air the crap about slopes and the N word?

Get a grip BBC

Why do they always blame Jeremy? The editors have plenty of time to edit what he says so put the blame on them.

If he said something along the lines of " Im a serial killer and I train child soldiers" would they air that? No ofcourse they wouldnt so why air the crap about slopes and the N word?

Get a grip BBC

It's an old series and the ratings are probably pointing downhill. Pissing the PC crowd off gives easy, free publicity. Simple.

• Like 1

There is justice after all.

I knew he would eventually go to hell for wrecking a Maserati Biturbo on Top Gear....

I am convinced that this witch hunt against Jeeza is a set up by Daily Mail reading caravan owner's

or theory number two. JCs has really had a gutful of doing Top Gear, and rather than retire gracefully, upsetting his legion of fans, he wants to go out in a blaze of publicity and get the sack.

Just a thought, as it does seem he has a 'death wish'.

Just a small thing. Where I come from (Melbourne, Australia) the rhyme went ' If he hollers let him go'.

Gollywogs have been banned, Darkie toothpaste was renamed Darlie, 'N*****R Boy Licorice ceased production. I reckon Jeremy might be next.

I am sure he doesn't need the money.

Edited by cpofc

Get a grip BBC

It's an old series and the ratings are probably pointing downhill. Pissing the PC crowd off gives easy, free publicity. Simple.

The PC brigade have done for Jezza, what Mary Whitehouse did for Alice Cooper

• Like 2

Get a grip BBC

I wonder when they will ban the All Blacks and change their uniform to pink. Maybe make the Collingwood football club change its colours to puce with chartreuse stripes.

Get a grip BBC

I wonder when they will ban the All Blacks and change their uniform to pink. Maybe make the Collingwood football club change its colours to puce with chartreuse stripes.

Blackpool, Blackburn, Blaclheath etc,,,,

Get a grip BBC

Or Newcastle United too.

And as for Sunderland with a nickname that sounds like an ethnic gang they are in 'massive' trouble. rolleyes.gif

15 days in jail like the unripe durian seller ?

my moo bahn seems to get also more of those N word people, one of the reasons I left my homecountry to be invaded here ?

I went to a grammar school in the 60s and we weren't taught anything about WWII at all. The latest date that I was taught history was 1870.

I too went to a Grammar school, we were taught past WW1, but while still in the UK and talking to a neighbour. His grandson came home complaining about learning crap about the causes of WWII.

Okay, teaching children in Britain about the British Empire. It's going to be a bit 'dodgy'. How are they going to portray it ? smile.png

Are they going to glorify Britain taking over a quarter of the world, this is 'the Empire where the Sun never sets', etc. Are they going to go on about the Suez crisis, a watershed moment symbolising the 'End of Empire', even though Britain had already lost a lot of power (with the USA gaining power) during and after the two World Wars ?

Do they really want to go into gory detail about the slave trade, and the Opium Wars with China ?

Some people might feel it's best to keep the British Empire away from the school classroom. smile.png

History is history. Just teach honestly

• Like 1

It really depends on how any word is used, and the intention behind the usage.

Cape Town Coon Carnival : Yankee Minstrel - Henry Trotter

www.henrytrotter.com › ScholarshipCape Town Minstrel Carnival

Thoughts On My Participation in the Cape Town Minstrel "Coon" Carnival ... which traces the history of the carnival back to the 19th Century, shows that many .... the minstrel aesthetic derives from white and black American entertainers who ...

The popular acapella group Ladysmith Black Mambazo come out of that tradition.)

Get a grip BBC

who said ? its a top BBC earner for global sales ,they dont need extra sales

To all those anti-pc posters who delight in protecting free speech and think this is all in good fun let me pose three questions and ask that you answer them honestly.

1. You have a disabled child and are pushing their wheelchair through the supermarket one day when someone asks you to move the f-----g cripple out of the way.

2. Your son is gay (or homosexual if "gay" is too pc for you) and you hear someone refer to him as "that flaming faggot

(or queer if you are in the UK)"

3. You are in a pub/bar with your wife and the barman asks what the fat c---t wants to drink (even if she is one).

Would you:

a) Slap the old chap/good old mate on the back, chuckle at his sense of humor and be grateful for freedom of speech or

cool.png Be deeply offended?

Be honest now

what a spurious comparison. each of the situations you describe is directed at a specific individual, accompanied by either a derogatory adjective and are deliberately confrontational.

nice try.

Not a spurious comparison. While spoken to or about an individual, they use terms applied to a group of people just like Nigger often is by racists.

Actually I don't really have such a problem with JC in this case and he didn't really use the word anyway. He mumbled the lines because IMHO he didn't think before he started and realized halfway through he'd gotten himself into a bit of a spot. What I find depressing is the number of posters on this thread who seem to miss the blindingly obvious. As others have stated, it is not the words themselves that are offensive, it is the sentiment behind them so please stop with the sophomoric comments about banning Blackpool etc.

It is acceptable for blacks to say "nigger" because they do not feel hatred and animosity to those they address and do not offend the addressee. And whatever it's derivation it is forever associated with a shameful period in American and British history and is only used by white people who are either incredibly ignorant and insensitive or are extreme racists. When I lived in the US I thought people were a little over-sensitive in using the phrase "the N word" but after I saw "12 Years a Slave" I came away with a new understanding of just how terrible that word is for blacks. I wonder how many posters here have seen that movie.

Talking of fascists BTW, remember Adolf Hitler used ordinary words but the way the words were used and the sentiments behind them gave power to terrible hatred with catastrophic consequences.

Edited by phuketandsee
  • Like 1

Jeremy Clarkson 'begs forgiveness' over N-word footage
Top Gear presenter says his efforts to obscure word while reciting eeny meeny miny moe 'weren't quite good enough'
Jeremy Clarkson has begged viewers' forgiveness after he appeared to use the N-word during filming of his BBC programme Top Gear. In a video statement posted online on Thursday, he said that he had tried to obscure the word when reciting the "eeny, meeny, miny, moe" nursery rhyme to chose between two cars, but that his efforts to do so "weren't quite good enough".
Clarkson had previously issued a robust denial of the allegation, telling his 3.2 million Twitter followers: "I did not use the N-word. Never use it. The Mirror has gone way too far this time."
But footage of the incident was later posted on The Daily Mirror website. In it Clarkson recites the beginning of the children's nursery rhyme "eeny, meeny, miny, moe" before apparently mumbling: "Catch a ni**er by his toe."
Full apology:
"Ordinarily I don't respond to newspaper allegations but on this occasion I feel I must make an exception. A couple of years ago I recorded an item for Top Gear in which I quote the rhyme "eeny, meeny, miny, moe". Of course, I was well aware that in the best-known version of this rhyme there is a racist expression that I was extremely keen to avoid. The full rushes show that I did three takes. In two, I mumbled where the offensive word would normally occur and in the third I replaced it altogether with the word teacher. Now when I viewed this footage several weeks later I realised that in one of the mumbled versions if you listen very carefully with the sound turned right up it did appear that I'd actually used the word I was trying to obscure. I was mortified by this, horrified. It is a word I loathe and I did everything in my power to make sure that that version did not appear in the programme that was transmitted.
"I have here the note that was sent at the time to the production office and it says: 'I didn't use the N-word here but I've just listened through my headphones and it sounds like I did. Is there another take that we could use?'
"Please be assured I did everything in my power to not use that word, as I'm sitting here begging your forgiveness for the fact my efforts obviously weren't quite good enough, thank you."

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/may/01/jeremy-clarkson-begs-forgiveness-n-word-top-gear

Jeremy Clarkson, you've come up with a half-baked attempt at an apology, what on earth are you doing ??

Jeremy, look at the posts here on Thai Visa, and you will notice that a stack of people are actually supporting YOU over this incident. Maybe, your speech should have been :

"Look, I said nothing wrong, I used the n word, so what ? A bunch of politically correct wank@rs are having a pop at me, they're the ones who are the problem, they have a problem, not me. I've had a huge amount of support, emails and letters from people who support me. I've said the n word, I used the word 'slope', I am going to carry on with these words whether people like it or not. And those that don't like my words, carry on being angry, stick these words up your @rse, I don't give a sh@t about those people being angry".

Jeremy, it's suppose to be about furthering your career and putting more money into your bank balance. Bearing in mind the support that you've supposedly got, why don't you make the above statement, and become a figure-head of a new 'group' ? This new 'group' is all about having a pop at all those who are in the PC brigade. This new group is saying "bring back golliwogs, feminists can take a running jump, Asians should accept all these jokes, and men have had their rights taken away from them" ! :)

(please note, the above has been written with sarcasm, but really, why doesn't Jeremy Clarkson actually go ahead with the above statement ? :)

Comedy is often a fine line, and Top Gear is loaded with slightly edgy double entendres and basic boyish humor. Yes it is a car show, but they get a lot more laughs than the other car shows. They probably have tried out all manner of silly stuff over the years, that on reflection were found to be in poor taste, or just didn't work out as they hoped.

Most of these things jut get cut or done differently. And that is the case here. Jeremy had a go at a very familiar rhyme which is obviously unacceptable to use and he tried to see if he could fake saying it. But on playback it just looked bad and made him look bad, so they went with another take where he substituted the offending word with teacher.

The fact that they did three takes, shows that they were aware that this was probably a step too far, and they made sure they had a safe clip for broadcast. Can you imagine what shocking things have been done on other comedy shows that never made it to broadcast? Surely this incident is nothing in comparison.

A Cromwell lover and a racist you really are quite the human being aren't you?

Maybe he just liked golliwogs or Robertson jam collectibles which are many steps removed from racism.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Thanks for your comment, a lot of my posts go over the heads of the likes of these two.Here"s one for them "Order Order"

post-142424-0-82184800-1399081675_thumb.

post-142424-0-53207900-1399081728_thumb.

I used to save the tokens - and still have several of the badges. Daren't let my kids wear them!

I am going back to the UK for the first time in ten years,are you still allowed to ask for black shoe polish.?

Yes....but just don't ask for bacon on a subway sandwich