Bloodbath: Seven shot in Bangkok drag-strip gunfight

webfact

one has to ask what they use as drag strips, are these special racing strips built to purpose or are they simply streets that these idiots have taken over. Also have to wonder at the cars, are these cars being driven on the roads as normal cars or are they again simply built for racing. Seems like the police have a lot to answer for here, why arent they controlling this situation and how in the hell can they let them run in the first place but then I suppose the extra cash they get for letting them do it suffices. Would also bet that most of these "drivers"(and I use that term very loosely) are from well to do families to afford the cars in the first place, maybe its time for the police to start doing what they are paid for instead of just collecting cash bonuses for ignoring it.

Well, a lot of negative assumptions. I would say pretty much you have tried to insult every person with a race car in Thailand and that includes me. Get of your f8king high horse dipswitch! The Pathum Thai drag strip is a dedicated race track for drag racing. A lot of lower and middle class enjoy racing as do the same group world wide. Go take a look before spouting this viral type of post. It is very undortunate to encounter what happened the other night, but this can and does happen anywhere and any country. It will be managed seriously by the organizers.

If you bothered reading, the first part of the post was a question about where this happened and the cars used, not an assumption and doesn't really need your inappropriate language.

I wondered the same thing as I didn't know either. At least you cleared that up but you need to get off you high horse.

• Like 1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this was all 'above board' and legit, why is it done at midnight??

It is not all done at midnight, the racing starts earlier but the serious runs are done at that time, and later, because that is when it is coolest and the cars run faster ingesting cool air.

To enlighten the cynics here take a look at www.bangkokdrag.com

What is possibly there to fight over and have a need for racing gangs? You race each other at the track. One wins, one loses. Car chicks and pink slips?

Funny . At first I thought it was a katoey bar fight.

one has to ask what they use as drag strips, are these special racing strips built to purpose or are they simply streets that these idiots have taken over. Also have to wonder at the cars, are these cars being driven on the roads as normal cars or are they again simply built for racing. Seems like the police have a lot to answer for here, why arent they controlling this situation and how in the hell can they let them run in the first place but then I suppose the extra cash they get for letting them do it suffices. Would also bet that most of these "drivers"(and I use that term very loosely) are from well to do families to afford the cars in the first place, maybe its time for the police to start doing what they are paid for instead of just collecting cash bonuses for ignoring it.

Well, a lot of negative assumptions. I would say pretty much you have tried to insult every person with a race car in Thailand and that includes me. Get of your f8king high horse dipswitch! The Pathum Thai drag strip is a dedicated race track for drag racing. A lot of lower and middle class enjoy racing as do the same group world wide. Go take a look before spouting this viral type of post. It is very undortunate to encounter what happened the other night, but this can and does happen anywhere and any country. It will be managed seriously by the organizers.

Don't be ridiculous! This is not normal behaviour around the world! At least not in the many parts of the world that I have lived.

The great usa, Mexico, Brazil, Columbia, do i carry on.

Jimmu meant "civilized parts off the world" so the countries you just noted don't count.

This country is getting seriously out of control, the police need to start actually doing proactive police work rather than reactive.

These youths have far too easy access to guns and carry them with impunity, after an incident like this the dragstrip should be closed down and those involved get a lifetime ban when or if it ever opens again, these youths must be taught that this sort of behaviour is not acceptable

Can you imagine this being allowed to continue in Singapore, Vietnam or even Burma?