Scam Alert? Advice Needed

Escape4

Just send her 4 million baht and she will love you long time.

Naw, true story or not (likely not) it's not your problem.

Just bringing up this on forum proves op is an idiot!

Also girl must have made a judgment op is an Id Iot.................lol.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, not sure about that. Many of us have a built in trusting nature, I am one. For sure in farangland folk played on that to my expense. I cannot change my nature, in one way l am glad l cannot cos that is me, BUT, if l get stitched up then my other side comes to the fore and shit happens.

The problem many farang guys have is they "think" they are changing poor folks lives and they will be happy ever after, but noooooooooooo, some local folk here only think of today, not tomorrow, the future, just a see what cash can be made bye doing nothing for it. BEWARE.

• Like 2

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Esacpe4

Of course this is a scam. So what? I get emails every day telling me I've won millions of dollars. You just delete this nonsense and move on.

Contrary to what idiots on this forum claim, most girls on dating sites are quite normal.

You'll find someone decent in the end. It just takes time. Enjoy yourself and don't take it too seriously.

Edited by casualposter
  • Like 1

@Esacpe4

Of course this is a scam. So what? I get emails every day telling me I've won millions of dollars. You just delete this nonsense and move on.

Contrary to what idiots on this forum claim, most girls on dating sites are quite normal.

You'll find someone decent in the end. It just takes time. Enjoy yourself and don't take it too seriously.

cheesy.gif

• Like 1

" ...dad guaranteed a bank loan for a friend in the amount of 4,000,000 THB and now the friend has vanished so her dad has to pay."

If such statement is true about the dad guaranteeing the bank loan, then he has provided the bank in the loan application with evidence that he can pay the loan amounts should the borrower default. Either through documented income, property, or a combination of both. Otherwise, the bank would have rejected the loan application. Banks ordinarily only loan against tangible assets such as real estate, cars, boats, etc. that can be used as collateral and seized by the bank in case of default to recoup any equity in such property by sale of the asset(s). So again, without sufficient documented collateral from either the borrower and/or the guanantee, the bank would have rejected the loan application. If your friend's scenario is not a scam to get money from you, the dad should be able to meet the loan obligations without external assistance.

So at this point, if you view this situation not to be a scam, wish your friend a speedy resolution for her dad's situation. You'll be happy to pass on to him any financial advice (but of course you are not familiar with Thai laws) and you'll pray for a fair resolution that is not too burdensome on the dad.

• Like 1

.......whether it's a scam or not.......you are/would be a bloody fool if you even considered for 1 second giving her money. In Thailand there is no such thing as a "loan" from a farang....if you "loaned" her the money you would never hear from her again.....

I have had many experiences with thai girls with us chatting away on the internet.....and just 3 conversations down the track and almost bloody predictably......they come up with some BS story about wanting money.....because..... (insert 100 reasons/excuses)

One girl even wanted an absolute assurance from me that I would "take care" of her family....before she would consider meeting me....I refused (me...having lived in Thailand 6 years I know what the "take care" insinuation entails....money...money...money)

She then launched into a tirade of wriiten abuse...telling me all farangs are bad...and that I should go home.......

Tell your "money seeker" to piss off and don't contact her again (sorry to be so frank)....if you take this one step further you will be the loser believe me.

• Like 1

total B/S..for the bank to lend that sort of money the guarantee would be LAND/ house.so unless he put is land to the bank ,it dont exist

my ex got a car loan..750000..needed a guarantee ,,which was a government official..they then came and took photo of her house ..copies of her land...she put up the house worth 1 million...and 5 rai of land..total was 2 million security...

so what guarantee was offered..

• Like 1

I must say the young lady is very inventive a nice twist on the usual mother/father sick or brother Somchai,in jail,and whilst i agree with the op it may be fun to see how it all plays out,this could be a dangerous game if they get you out to their village or holed up in their house,Falangs have been murdered here for paltry amounts so i would advise the op caution ,why not just forget her,won't be hard as you have not even met,just look for another when you get here.

• Like 1

So I am not considering giving anything. I am just wondering if it's a scam or not. In either case, I don't see how I lose a dime.

No one can answer you, since there are two possibilities.

A school teacher would normally be accepted as a guarantor or co-signer on such a loan. His position and job security makes it hugely likely the bank would accept him. What would normally happen is he would go to the bank, cry, plead, complain and finally make a payback deal of x baht per month - which he would have to sign for again.

Shorter version: The story is credible.

That has no bearing on whether it is true, or what the motives of this lady are or might be. No one here can know that any more than you do.

@Esacpe4

cheesy.gif

As other people are stating elsewhere on this forum, you really are quite pathetic.

I have had many experiences with thai girls with us chatting away on the internet.....and just 3 conversations down the track and almost bloody predictably......they come up with some BS story about wanting money.....because..... (insert 100 reasons/excuses)

One girl even wanted an absolute assurance from me that I would "take care" of her family....before she would consider meeting me....I refused (me...having lived in Thailand 6 years I know what the "take care" insinuation entails....money...money...money)

I never had bad experiences or requests for money. Which site did you use? Were you in Thailand at the time?

I had a free account at ThaiFriendly.

I am aware of potential girlfriend scams so I have been trying to educate myself as much as possible (with this forum among others) to avoid being the next victim.
In preparation for my trip, I wanted to meet people online and I have been in communication with a nice girl for about one month now (FB chat + Skype).

NEXT.

You know the bad thing about Skype? Girls can only have one dupe on the line at a time. When it was just chat, they could manipulate four or five at a time!

If I were as naive as you, I'd stay where I am. If you're coming to Thailand to find a girl, then you'll probably just find trouble.

Hint: Next time you chat, tell her the bank just foreclosed on your home and repossessed your car. See if your Skype calls get answered again...

@Esacpe4

cheesy.gif

5555 +1 on that! i recently caught the last 1 via the wonders of farcebook photos and time/date stamps. i didnt know there was a walking street in her village up in fang? mum must be feeling better then as she was by her bedside for 2 weeks.

and another 1 on thai F is stating that she doesnt go with men for money, lives in lamphang and works in an office. but her profile shots are on walking street in a micro dress and she checks her messages at 4AM thai time. early rise to get to the office on time then?

OP, what is the situation ? the father should be guarantor.. implying that he have to pay the full sum or that he has to take over the payments ? how much was already payed on the loan ?, what was the asset involved ? is that been foreclosed ?

if the total debt het put himself garant for was 4 MilBath, how much is nett saldo ?

Asking her the details is almost the same as giving her hope...

Just tell her to send you all details and you will look into it would dough make you more strong in the relation.

Her not giving any details, but asking for help.... scam alert.

if there is an genuine problem, it will get solved... and they will almost never ask an stranger before they know him, the proudness of the family...

I CAN GUARANTEE YOU IT IS A SCAM! Ive Heard them before, yours is classical one! "Sob, sob".

I wont go into details about any spefic case, but I could actually just refer to YOUR own! MANY TIMES!!!

Clear off The net, its B.S. Take Your initiatil Months In Thai, and find out(and LOTS OF CHICKS) that Will surely

make You understand that You are most likely to shit In your pants if go allong with this. Regarding your story it is

Even a quite BIG one. 4.000.000 Baht Mill????? CRAAAZY, forget it, please!!!!!!!!

To be totally clear, I Will add, of-course we Something called, statistical cluster(<deleted>), so I can agree to disagree

With those In favour, To a certain point, which bringes me to only 99.99% SURE SCAM ALERT!!!!!!

Just my 2 cents, but listen to thosé 2, Will save you!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

OP, do you not realise there are a zillion Thai birds talking to farangs at this very moment in time via PC or iPhone, with the the prime objective of cash flow from a perceived "millionaire" by whatever means or story. I have heard the stories about birds never asking for cash, yeh, that one is just a delaying tactic to get you on board, hooked.

This bird has mentioned a rather big sum of money where only a fool would have guaranteed it, especially a low wage guy.

A few weeks back Mrs.Trans got a phone call from a lady she hadn't seen for 30 years, she had heard Mrs.Trans had married a farang and asked a friend for our phone number. The reason for the contact was she wanted to know how to meet a farang cos she had got herself into deep shit financially with no way out, except get hold of a farang "millionaire".

99.9% of this Internet chat stuff is about cash at the end of the tunnel, NOT how hansum you are. thumbsup.gif

You must have pocketful's of Handsome OP

OP, from how tell the story I would think it is a scam.

Some other TV-member posted a link to “13 Point Checklist To Test If A Thai Girl Is A Good Girl” in another tread, I will insert the link here, as it may be helpful for you when finding a “good girl/lady”:

I know a schoolteacher who search for male company at various social media, chat and get the men to help her with money or send money on regular basis – sometimes she have 2 or 3 men sending money at the same time – she spend a lot having a hi-so life-style, sometimes she can spend 100,000 baht a month, and have debts when in need for borrowing to pay for her expensive life-style. She meets with the social media friends and can come up with a good story or “problem” to leave one in Bangkok, if another arrives within same time-line in Hua Hin, and even number two she can tell a story, so she can travel somewhere else in Thailand and have fun with a Thai “boyfriend” (temporary boyfriend, called “gik”)…whistling.gif

Of course it is not all girls on social medias who are doing scams and there must be plenty of good ladies out there looking for a serious relationship – just mention my firsthand story about the schoolteacher to make one aware of the risk. A risk is in my opinion always, when the girl at an “early stage” begins to talk about money or financial problems in the family, apart from maybe helping with a bus ticket and so to come and meet her “pen pal”.

It is often used practise in Thailand with a personal guarantee for loans, but I will presume also something must placed as security, at least when it comes to a value like 4 million – doubt anyone can borrow that kind of money without any kind of security, which is often land deeds; the bank easily take over the deed and a loan will normally not exceed 50% of the (original) value of the land. Upcountry one family with land may guarantee for another family (often relatives) without (enough) land for a loan. I don’t know about bankruptcy law and a fresh start.

Will just also mention two very good books to read before getting to deeply into a Thai relationship:

“Thailand Fever” by Chris Pirazzi & Vitada Vasant; see more at thailandfever.com

“Love Entrepreneurs” by Phil Nicks; Monsoon Bokks, ISBN 978-981-05-9211-0

Wish you good luck with your plan for moving to Thailand. smile.png

How would you know "The typical scam is the sick mom or dad"? Looks like you think more about life than living it ... and don't think what you read on a few tv.com posts makes you an expert on anything Thai. Just come here and actually "experience" Thailand. If you're half-way intelligent you should be able to figure it out ... although many never do.

My favorite...and there are many...is that either mom or dad...has a gambling problem...and put the home up as collateral to float a loan so they could gamble more...lost all money...now house is to be foreclosed...and family kicked to the curb...do not fall for this...or any of their BS scams...you did not have anything to do with their problem (if indeed there really is one) and should not take on the responsibility to correct THEIR problem...do not believe it...bunk...pure and simple...IMO

Most online dating conversation leads to a need for money...most requests are laughable...entertaining...once they figure out...you are not buying into their scam...they will move on rather quickly...