English Resident of Pattaya shot in the face by 'European' in Jomtien

webfact

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are firearms involved, if this guy refuse to help the police with their enquirers why not just lock him up and take his phone off him and find out who he called.

On what grounds? Because he was the victim of an assault who, presumably, didn't make a complaint to the police? Great idea, start jailing the innocent parties.

looks Russian, not English. Names sounds Russian too

oh why I am not surprise about this comment ....... no Russian involved in this but one bashing about appearance .... He looks very Brit for me by the way and he is luck to be alive , that is what you should be happy about ....

Strange that the OP refers to him as an "English Resident" (in the sub-headline). Of course you can't be an "English citizen", but perhaps I am making too much of the choice of words.

The report doesn't refer to him as an 'English resident', it refers to him as an 'English resident of Pattaya'. Of course, referring to an 'English citizen of Pattaya' would make a lot of sense.

oh why I am not surprise about this comment ....... no Russian involved in this but one bashing about appearance .... He looks very Brit for me by the way and he is luck to be alive , that is what you should be happy about ....

Strange that the OP refers to him as an "English Resident" (in the sub-headline). Of course you can't be an "English citizen", but perhaps I am making too much of the choice of words.

The report doesn't refer to him as an 'English resident', it refers to him as an 'English resident of Pattaya'. Of course, referring to an 'English citizen of Pattaya' would make a lot of sense.

Quote from, the report ( NOT FROM THE HEADLINE) " Just before 7.30pm on Sunday Night a 41 year old English Resident was shot in the face by a man described as “European” in appearance, at the culmination of a heated argument in front of a village in Jomtien"

PS There is no such thing as an English citizen

Edited by tigermonkey

"...was named as Mr. Andrew Alexandar ..."

"Names sounds Russian too"

Prince Andrew would beg to differ.

Not sure why someone always has to rush forward to claim the name of someone involved in a crime is not British/English. There seems to be a belief amongst some that unless your name sounds like Percy Neville-Armstrong-Jones, you cannot be considered REAL English/British. Welcome to the 21st century. The spelling of "Alexandar" is somewhat unusual in English, but it could be the reporter's spelling.

The name Haus Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha doesn't sound particularly English either, but it was the family name of the current CEO of the English version of Disney Land.

elisabeth.jpg

Cannot be British, he does not have blue blood, red on his shirt. whistling.gif

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Violent night. Around midnight there was another shooting - this one just 50m from the gogo bar in Jomtien.

Victim on motorbike quite dead with a bullet hole in the head visible. Not sure if the two stories

are connected.

this one? http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/127081/thai-american-killed-in-jomtien-road-accident/

Do you know the difference between a shooting and a road accident?

Doubt it , just look at the name ! Cannot even spell. cheesy.gif

Edited by oldsailor35
  • Like 1

How do they know that the weapon was a .38? A .38 is a revolver where the shell casing is not ejected, but is retained in the chamber. Perhaps he was shot with a 9mm pistol, rather, where the cartridge case would have been ejected, and was found nearby?

Lucky, lucky guy. A few millimeters this way or that, a different angle and he would have been disfigured or dead. I hope he got by with just a grazed cheek.

Looking at all the blood on his tee shirt I would say it was more than a graze, I hope he can afford plastic surgery or he will be scared for life.

Sea Breeze is Chiaypruk not Wat Boon.

This Sea Breeze is on Wat Boon. There is another on Jomtien Beach road.

My buddy living at Park Lane walked by as the guy was being bandaged up.

Chaiyapruek is next East - West road south.

That is not in the story!

Witnesses have told police what happened.

The honourable Mr. Alexandar refused to speak to the police.

Sounds fishy to me. Mafiosi don't talk.

This was probably just a warning shot.

A warning shot??? Not even the SAS or Navy Seals can shot that good with a hand gun. A warning shot will be aimed clearly away from the person you wants to warn.

Lucky, lucky guy. A few millimeters this way or that, a different angle and he would have been disfigured or dead. I hope he got by with just a grazed cheek.

That was just a warning. If he wanted to kill him he would have. This is quite a common warning among mafia organizations - you shoot through the fat of the cheek.

I suppose if the shooter can flip a 1 baht piece in the air and shoot it out of the air with his handgun six out of six times I would believe the

victim had received a warning shot as you describe. Otherwise I believe the victim was lucky for the grazing as the bullet was intended

for his head.

• Like 1

Looking at all the blood on his tee shirt I would say it was more than a graze, I hope he can afford plastic surgery or he will be scared for life.

That would ruin his good looks

Not sure why someone always has to rush forward to claim the name of someone involved in a crime is not British/English. There seems to be a belief amongst some that unless your name sounds like Percy Neville-Armstrong-Jones, you cannot be considered REAL English/British. Welcome to the 21st century. The spelling of "Alexandar" is somewhat unusual in English, but it could be the reporter's spelling.

The name Haus Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha doesn't sound particularly English either, but it was the family name of the current CEO of the English version of Disney Land.

elisabeth.jpg

British, not English

quite a lot of British passport holders these days do look like "all Commonwealth and beyond...", and they talk like that, too

My Welsh aunt (r.i.p.) liked to mock the "speak Commonwealth Paki" for example and we boys had great fun ...

quite a lot of British passport holders these days do look like "all Commonwealth and beyond...", and they talk like that, too

My Welsh aunt (r.i.p.) liked to mock the "speak Commonwealth Paki" for example and we boys had great fun ...

You will get yourself into trouble,there are so many from the PC brigade here just waiting to pull out their hankies and have a good cry.

elisabeth.jpg

British, not English

With a big difference this CEO won't mind your comment and it's a great freedom we have unlike some who would shut you away for ..........

Name sounds distinctly Scottish, but wherever he is from is very lucky to be alive.

If the name is spelt correctly the chances are that Mr Alexandar is of Russian or other Eastern European origin.

• Like 1

Violent night. Around midnight there was another shooting - this one just 50m from the gogo bar in Jomtien.

Victim on motorbike quite dead with a bullet hole in the head visible. Not sure if the two stories

are connected.

this one? http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/127081/thai-american-killed-in-jomtien-road-accident/

No. This was a shooting in front of Jontien Beach road. I don't see any official report yet.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/723786-drift-racer-champion-shot-dead-in-pattaya/