Phuket: Police face corruption probe for letting Aussie gunmen free

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story also left out that the Tourist Police arrested Adam Shea and charged him with drug possession and pushing an Aussie girl down the stairs....about a week after his release.

Let me guess, those charges went away as well.

No wonder Phuket is as lawless as it is.

The story also left out that the Tourist Police arrested Adam Shea and charged him with drug possession and pushing an Aussie girl down the stairs....about a week after his release.

I was told he was being jailed and deported. 2 weeks later I came face to face with him at Linda's Bar in Chiang Mai. So, yeah he got off with those charges as well.

I was told he was being jailed and deported. 2 weeks later I came face to face with him at Linda's Bar in Chiang Mai. So, yeah he got off with those charges as well.

So, he was deported from Phuket to Chiang Mai. How to be deported, without actually being deported. cheesy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Is it difficult for a Thai to become a cop? Seems like an easy way to live comfortably. They rarely investigate crimes without tea money, only get transferred if they get in trouble and can accept large bribes. If I were Thai I'd be first in line to sign up at the academy.

Cash payment, ensures your freedom! T.I.T.

Regardless of whether there was corruption involved, not having enough evidence to prosecute sounds about right. Thai police can barely write a traffic ticket properly, let alone investigate an attempted murder.

Bullshit. Even if there were enough evidence, they'd say there wasn't.