Biking Around Rattanakosin Island

Candyflip

Have you ever biked in Bangkok? Is it possiple?

Every Saturday night, there is a biking tour of Rattanakosin Island operated by Bangkok tourist bureau, taking people to experience Bangkok in detail. The bike route starts at Bangkok Tourist Bureau office ( Under the Pin kao brigde ) pass along Wat Bho- Ministry of Defence-Giant Swing-Royal Memorial to

King Nang Klao ( RAMA III)-Khao Sarn Rd.-Phra Sumen Forts

More detail here

all included tour guide, insurance, snack and soft drink

So far I have taken a few farang friends on the tour. They all liked it.

It was quite pleasant ( but bit pricy).

After finish the bike ride, you could go to Tha pra atit area for Dinner, then hit Khao san road for a few drinks before going back in town ( Sukumvit ) for more dancing!

Enjoy biking!!

post-38-1078704384.jpg

Biking around Bangkok? are you serious ???

If there is one thing I would never do in Bangkok is ride a bike. I mean the eco friendly type. Far far too dangerous especially for tourists who don't know how Thai's drive.

As for Insurance :o I would'nt fall for that one.

Sorry just my opinion

By the way I ride a motorbike and yes i'm crazy too but it is a bit bigger than most. The rule here seems to be the bigger the vehicle the more respect. Cycles are just one up from a person walking on the road ......

" Everything is possible on the land of smile" Have you ever heard that ?

Ofcourse biking is possible here in Bangkok

but you have to be more careful where to bike!

This particular program started at 6 pm on Saturaday night where no much cars on the route, plus they have at least 2-3 staffs to watch out your way. If you are too tire to finish it, there is a van ,which normally carrys snack and drinks, to take you and your bike back to the starting point.

Give it a try. :o

Candyflip, I did a great one day bike ride out in Ampawa district. The scenery is beautiful and the roads very small and quiet. You ride for a few hours inthe morning starting at a Wat and passing through lush fruit farming areas criss crossed with hundreds of canals. It is literally like riding through a jungle but on an easy paved road with NO cars. You visit the floating market as well iof you want to and you can take a short canoe ride along the floating market (once in your life is enough). You will finish the ride with lunch at a riverside local restaurant.....great food.......and then a boat trip along the river to King Rama 2 park and museum. After that a short trip back to Bangkok. Very worthwhile trip. A