PM Yingluck removed from office

webfact

I think we should all spare a thought for the now disgraced ex-caretaker Prime Minister. Loss of face is a terrible thing in Thailand and all decent hearted people will feel sorry for her sad predicament. Obviously she has more criminal charges pending but maybe in the meantime her brother can find her another job in one of his enterprises somewhere.

At least she is surrounded by plenty of other family members who share the experience and shame of being found guilty in the courts and hopefully that will be a comfort at this difficult time. wai2.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we have a civil war will the expats be asked to leave the country? Or will they still be safe for them to live here?

It will probably be safe in red areas, but dangerous in yellow areas. The reds accept international human rights and democracy norms, but the yellows reject them in favour of wholly Thai concepts of justice and democracy. Consequently when questioned they react violently (I believe the ultra nationalists attacked a German reporter today for daring to question their narrative).

"The reds accept international human rights and democracy norms,......."

Troll statement of the year - a blatant lie so obviously disproved by historical events that isn't worth further comment.

Yes, its not worth your time to comment because you have no way to refute it. Hilarious.

"The explosions in Chiang Mai on Friday evening came hours after the Constitutional Court nullified a February general election disrupted by opposition protests, angering government supporters.

The targets were a seafood restaurant, a petrol station and a brewery that has faced criticism because of its controlling family's links with anti-government protesters." http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/grenade-blasts-rattle/1044816.html

Chiang Mai Redshirts Attack PCAD Rally

By Khaosod English

13926106701392610865l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Scores of pro-government supporters have attacked the anti-government rally in Chiang Mai province yesterday.

Demonstrators of the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) were organising a rally under the theme of "We will give love to Chiang Mai" in front of Wat Jed Yod Temple to show their solidarity with fellow anti-government protests in Bangkok.

At 13.30, over 200 Redshirts calling themselves "Independent Chiang Mai Reds" arrived, led by Mr. Abhichart Insorn, near the PCAD rally and approached the anti-government protesters in threatening manner, causing PCAD demonstrators to flee into the temple" http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/705008-chiang-mai-redshirts-attack-pcad-rally/

I do support democracy, and if the people of Thailand choose Thaksin's family by an honest election, so be it. However, Yinglock was guilty of corruption and should be removed. Now let the people decide who comes next. Win, lose, or draw, the political parties of Thailand would support an honest election if they want this to be a true democracy by the will of the people. If you lose this time, campaign, educate, and debate better next time. A lot of people are worried what will happen next, as am I, but this is also an opportunity to right some wrongs. Admittedly, very doubtful it will happen but, just sayin'. What would be great, completely unlikely but great, is if the political parties exercised some bipartisanship to establish a security and monitoring election oversight group with equal representation from all parties in Thailand. Checks and balances. i just want to hear the true choice of the Thai majority, exempt from corruption and bought votes.

Get it right please. She has not been found guilty of corruption. facepalm.giffacepalm.gifrolleyes.gif

...yet.

BTW there is a very fine line, if any, between abuse of office and corruption. Right?

what abuse of office? she removed a Security Chief appointed by the Dems as would any leader

poor Thailand

• Like 2

Thanks to the Constitional Court: a decession was taken that should be respected!

The bad thing will be that all the clans ruling Thailand will be unable and unwilling to develop democracy as this country is far from it!

They will keep on working in their own pockets and give a shit on their people in this country: Poor Thailand will vote for another governent that will rob and steel the money from the tax payer !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do support democracy, and if the people of Thailand choose Thaksin's family by an honest election, so be it. However, Yinglock was guilty of corruption and should be removed. Now let the people decide who comes next. Win, lose, or draw, the political parties of Thailand would support an honest election if they want this to be a true democracy by the will of the people. If you lose this time, campaign, educate, and debate better next time. A lot of people are worried what will happen next, as am I, but this is also an opportunity to right some wrongs. Admittedly, very doubtful it will happen but, just sayin'. What would be great, completely unlikely but great, is if the political parties exercised some bipartisanship to establish a security and monitoring election oversight group with equal representation from all parties in Thailand. Checks and balances. i just want to hear the true choice of the Thai majority, exempt from corruption and bought votes.

Get it right please. She has not been found guilty of corruption. facepalm.giffacepalm.gifrolleyes.gif

...yet.

BTW there is a very fine line, if any, between abuse of office and corruption. Right?

what abuse of office? she removed a Security Chief appointed by the Dems as would any leader

poor Thailand

Try reading from the beginning. That you disagree with the CC's verdict is of no consequence, or even interest.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This will only make the country even less governable, less confident and less interesting for foreign investors - there is only one way forward and that is through democratic elections and now!

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And when the Democrats loose...again! they will not accept that they are not wanted. And all this crap will just start all over again. If only they would accept the election results and allow the elected party get on with governing. Lets face it,just about all Thai politicians are corrupt, that's how it is, although i doubt if there is one more corrupt than Suthep

..... and allow the elected party get on with governing .....

So you would be quite happy for the pt mafia to continue with bankrupting the country with the unworkable rice scams and more, get on with leaving one million plus farmers unpaid, borrow several trillions of Baht with no plans and no transparency?

Sure they made a mistake, but the Dems are doing their best to make sure that the govt cannot get the money to pay the farmers. Yingluck was trying to pay them, but the Dems need that weapon for their own ends so do not give a stuff for the farmers by making it impossible to raise the money, deceitful grubs that they are.

• Like 1

If we have a civil war will the expats be asked to leave the country? Or will they still be safe for them to live here?

There won't be a civil war; the government has tanks and F16s, whereas the Reds don't even have the farmers' tractors any more.

The army cannot even defeat the insurgents in the South, how the hell do you think they will handle a determined force of 100,000 or more from within. Looking at your profile picture, I would guess that you should know by now that wars are not won on fire power but more often than not by cause.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This will only make the country even less governable, less confident and less interesting for foreign investors - there is only one way forward and that is through democratic elections and now!

And when the Democrats loose...again! they will not accept that they are not wanted. And all this crap will just start all over again. If only they would accept the election results and allow the elected party get on with governing. Lets face it,just about all Thai politicians are corrupt, that's how it is, although i doubt if there is one more corrupt than Suthep

So you would be quite happy for the pt mafia to continue with bankrupting the country with the unworkable rice scams and more, get on with leaving one million plus farmers unpaid, borrow several trillions of Baht with no plans and no transparency?

Sure they made a mistake, but the Dems are doing their best to make sure that the govt cannot get the money to pay the farmers. Yingluck was trying to pay them, but the Dems need that weapon for their own ends so do not give a stuff for the farmers by making it impossible to raise the money, deceitful grubs that they are.

facepalm.gif

Everyone is forgetting a huge factor here, Yingluck has been perceived or by perception of the the questionable court. Not actually found guilty of corruption as many posters are forgetting. Trouble is coming to town.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Everyone is forgetting a huge factor here, Yingluck has been perceived or by perception of the the questionable court. Not actually found guilty of corruption as many posters are forgetting. Trouble is coming to town.

It is red mantra that "we dun nuffink rong!" Every court is "questionable" and every court decision (except in their favour) is politically motivated or a judicial coup.

The Thaksin appointed "red leaders" will be pushing this propaganda as hard as possible, and many will accept it.

• Like 2

The dems have not been in power by the people in over 30 years. Are we all missing something here. PTP connected, sure they made a massive error with the rice scheme. Has not any other Asian country such as Japan or a Western power like America not done the same? I think they have. Again the democrats scrambling for power when they can't win an election due to not connecting with the people. And don't give the usual tripe of they are not as corrupt. I would think more so, except all the dosh ends up in the coffers of those in power in Bangkok. Let's face it people, Thailand is in the poop.

• Like 1

Very shocking news. Hope my next trip is not affected.

you're all right son they are all as corrupt as each other. ;)

I think we should all spare a thought for the now disgraced ex-caretaker Prime Minister. Loss of face is a terrible thing in Thailand and all decent hearted people will feel sorry for her sad predicament. Obviously she has more criminal charges pending but maybe in the meantime her brother can find her another job in one of his enterprises somewhere.

At least she is surrounded by plenty of other family members who share the experience and shame of being found guilty in the courts and hopefully that will be a comfort at this difficult time. wai2.gif

Their is no disgrace is being the victim of an unjust and corrupted legal system.

History will be very, very kind to Miss Yingluck.

She did a fantastic job for her nation, her people, her party, her family and for all women of the world.

How history records the antics and crimes of the judges handing down these ridiculous verdicts is another matter entirely.

The current contempt they are held in by their international peers is just the beginning of what awaits these stooges.

Bravo and Encore sweet lady and Champion of Democracy

You have been brilliant (and will most likely be again after the thugs are dealt with)

Time for others to bare the heavy burden you have born on your strong yet delicate shoulders for so long.

There will be statues made - of this there is no doubt.

"History is written by the victors." W Churchill.

Losers go down as criminals and sinners, never more accurately so as in this case.

• Like 1

Ok...so can we now arrest and jail SUTHEP

Sent from Kukaz iPad Air

I am not a fan of the guy personally either, but this topic has nothing to do with Suthep. This has everything to do with the "caretaker prime minister" being found guilty of corruption and being impeached from office. You probably did not intend to do so, but linking something unrelated to further your own agenda and provoke an agressive respponse is known as "trolling".

On a side note:

- I wonder if the actions of the constitutional court also prevent these people from re-entering their positions post the upcoming election assuming it is held - do they face a 5 year ban such as those involved previously with TRT?

- Have their passports been revoked as they now no longer hold acting positions and assumedly most are under investigation for other serious pending charges? I know there are other cases involving corruption and misuse of position pending against Yingluck, and assuime there would be corruption charges pending against Pladprasop for misuse of compensation funding following the 2010 floods. I would speculate that there are also charges against Chalerm, considering how he parades himself around and deals with situations most-unprofessionally.

- What happens now that she has been stood down: she was the caretaker PM so assumedly the caretaker government does not have the legal authority under the constitution to appoint a new prime minister.

-

Edited by TheGhostWithin

It is red mantra that "we dun nuffink rong!" Every court is "questionable" and every court decision (except in their favour) is politically motivated or a judicial coup.

The Thaksin appointed "red leaders" will be pushing this propaganda as hard as possible, and many will accept it.

Correct, this in no way solves the problem the nation faces now. So what next ? The judges just may have brought this once great country to the brink of who knows what...

Constitution Courts reading seemed well reasoned - so Im sure the red shirts will think its bs lol

The only question that matters - what will Thaksin do now?

Yes I'm sure he will not give up so easy....He must find a new puppet again cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

He has a big overgrown bulldog that has been training relentlessly in Chiang Mai. He appears to like her.. perhaps he is sick of puppets. The problem with bulldogs is that when they get too big, they are hard to control when they get angry, they have minds of their own. This is an additional risk to bare but appears the only realistic option for PTP in leadership.

Their is no disgrace is being the victim of an unjust and corrupted legal system.

History will be very, very kind to Miss Yingluck.

She did a fantastic job for her nation, her people, her party, her family and for all women of the world.

How history records the antics and crimes of the judges handing down these ridiculous verdicts is another matter entirely.

The current contempt they are held in by their international peers is just the beginning of what awaits these stooges.

Bravo and Encore sweet lady and Champion of Democracy

You have been brilliant (and will most likely be again after the thugs are dealt with)

Time for others to bare the heavy burden you have born on your strong yet delicate shoulders for so long.

There will be statues made - of this there is no doubt.

"History is written by the victors." W Churchill.

Losers go down as criminals and sinners, never more accurately so as in this case.

I guess why the Germans are doing so well now, due to our hard earned taxes from WW2 that we are still paying off. Come on JR..

She's mainly guilty of 'not reading stuff she signs because it cuts in to my shopping schedule' more than anything else

Tangibly speaking, probably nothing much will change. They are all bent here

But having her as PM made Thailand in to a bit of an international joke, in a grade A category. As the US was when George W bush was president. As the UK would have been had a member of the maxwell family become PM. Or Australia if one of the Murdoch clan got the top job (though with the present incumbent that may not always be necessary). It was a horrible example of nepotistic nest feathering with someone totally unqualified for the role and only there due to family connections and money and the 3 great Sicilian traditions: Bribery, Blackmail and Intimidation. And to be fair I don't think she much enjoyed the job and is probably very relieved right now. Though probably dusting off her passport

Whoever gets the new job and is not a Shin will be looking after a country downgraded to a Grade B international joke. Which while the situation is not ideal, might gain a little bit back reputation wise. Eventually. At least on the surface

Let's all hope so na...