PM Yingluck removed from office

webfact

I think we should all spare a thought for the now disgraced ex-caretaker Prime Minister. Loss of face is a terrible thing in Thailand and all decent hearted people will feel sorry for her sad predicament. Obviously she has more criminal charges pending but maybe in the meantime her brother can find her another job in one of his enterprises somewhere.

At least she is surrounded by plenty of other family members who share the experience and shame of being found guilty in the courts and hopefully that will be a comfort at this difficult time. wai2.gif

Their is no disgrace is being the victim of an unjust and corrupted legal system.

History will be very, very kind to Miss Yingluck.

She did a fantastic job for her nation, her people, her party, her family and for all women of the world.

How history records the antics and crimes of the judges handing down these ridiculous verdicts is another matter entirely.

The current contempt they are held in by their international peers is just the beginning of what awaits these stooges.

Bravo and Encore sweet lady and Champion of Democracy

You have been brilliant (and will most likely be again after the thugs are dealt with)

Time for others to bare the heavy burden you have born on your strong yet delicate shoulders for so long.

There will be statues made - of this there is no doubt.

"History is written by the victors." W Churchill.

Losers go down as criminals and sinners, never more accurately so as in this case.

You are indeed correct.

History is written by the winners.

However, you err in your assumption of who the winners will be

Only the Reds can win this fight.

They are the overwhelming majority inside Thailand and have both the international community and right on their side

The only things that remain in doubt are:

how many must die in this futile yellow offence.

how much money must be lost by the nation

and

how long the inevitable Red victory will take to achieve.

So yes, in this case, the accuracy of the documenting of the losers sins and crimes in the history books will be exceedingly accurate (and appropriate)

• Like 2

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyone is forgetting a huge factor here, Yingluck has been perceived or by perception of the the questionable court. Not actually found guilty of corruption as many posters are forgetting. Trouble is coming to town.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It is red mantra that "we dun nuffink rong!" Every court is "questionable" and every court decision (except in their favour) is politically motivated or a judicial coup.

The Thaksin appointed "red leaders" will be pushing this propaganda as hard as possible, and many will accept it.

Correct, this in no way solves the problem the nation faces now. So what next ? The judges just may have brought this once great country to the brink of who knows what...

It had some potential 3 years ago but it was a Tsunami -Titanic that brought it down NOT the judges. come on man tell the truth.

Ok...so can we now arrest and jail SUTHEP

Sent from Kukaz iPad Air

If justice would be on all sides , Yes, unfortunately the court is on the dem's side, so no despite a 6 month old court warrant, Thailand's cancer will not be jailed.

• Like 2

If we have a civil war will the expats be asked to leave the country? Or will they still be safe for them to live here?

There won't be a civil war; the government has tanks and F16s, whereas the Reds don't even have the farmers' tractors any more.

The army cannot even defeat the insurgents in the South, how the hell do you think they will handle a determined force of 100,000 or more from within. Looking at your profile picture, I would guess that you should know by now that wars are not won on fire power but more often than not by cause.

Sadam's cause didn't stand well against the overwhelming force of the coalition forces. But having said that, a cause is not enough; people must *believe* in the cause.

Thaksin can pay people for a bus trip to Bangkok, but not to take up arms.

If a bunch of students were able to chase the Red Shirts out of town, one suspects the military should have an easier go of it.

Is anyone really surprised by this pre-determined decision? I doubt it. Now it's just a matter of who will be next in to lead the govt until the election

I think Abhisit would be a good choice, as it would enable him to oversee his reform proposal.

Abhisit is also guilty of abuse of power.

Really? Any links to the conviction?

I can't find a copy on-line, but have a read of the NACC's findings regarding the 2010 crackdown. The case is conclusive and the NACC have the power to press charges under article 250 of the constitution if Abhisit or Suthep hold a political position.

She's mainly guilty of 'not reading stuff she signs because it cuts in to my shopping schedule' more than anything else

Tangibly speaking, probably nothing much will change. They are all bent here

But having her as PM made Thailand in to a bit of an international joke, in a grade A category. As the US was when George W bush was president. As the UK would have been had a member of the maxwell family become PM. Or Australia if one of the Murdoch clan got the top job (though with the present incumbent that may not always be necessary). It was a horrible example of nepotistic nest feathering with someone totally unqualified for the role and only there due to family connections and money and the 3 great Sicilian traditions: Bribery, Blackmail and Intimidation. And to be fair I don't think she much enjoyed the job and is probably very relieved right now. Though probably dusting off her passport

Whoever gets the new job and is not a Shin will be looking after a country downgraded to a Grade B international joke. Which while the situation is not ideal, might gain a little bit back reputation wise. Eventually. At least on the surface

Let's all hope so na...

PTP will almost certainly win the next election anyway but the next choice of PM needs to be rather more subtle than the sister of the bloke who runs them if they want to at least keep up a pretense of having a degree of independence from outside control, something a little less blatant. Won't solve the countries problems but might be better for medium term stability. If there is interest in that and from all sides there will be at least some who want that surely

Murdoch for instance was rather more clever than Thaksin. Looking at how long Blair lasted as PM in the UK and was also content to manage Australian politics without direct familial involvement

Edited by RichBKK

So the puppet is removed,... Will this be the start of the REAL BATTLE????

If you know what I mean... The legacy is never going to die so easily...

Edited by MaxLee

I think we should all spare a thought for the now disgraced ex-caretaker Prime Minister. Loss of face is a terrible thing in Thailand and all decent hearted people will feel sorry for her sad predicament. Obviously she has more criminal charges pending but maybe in the meantime her brother can find her another job in one of his enterprises somewhere.

At least she is surrounded by plenty of other family members who share the experience and shame of being found guilty in the courts and hopefully that will be a comfort at this difficult time. wai2.gif

Their is no disgrace is being the victim of an unjust and corrupted legal system.

She did a fantastic job for her nation, her people, her party, her family and for all women of the world.

How history records the antics and crimes of the judges handing down these ridiculous verdicts is another matter entirely.

The current contempt they are held in by their international peers is just the beginning of what awaits these stooges.

You have been brilliant (and will most likely be again after the thugs are dealt with)

Time for others to bare the heavy burden you have born on your strong yet delicate shoulders for so long.

So well put in honour of an honest and tough lady, who has been bullied by a disgusting tirade for months. Well done Yingluck, it took a panel of corrupt judges to overcome you.

• Like 1

Wow, recently quit Bangkok Post because of the red-invasion (or should I probably say red-leaning moderators). I see here the same mix of comments : generally reasonable and intelligent observations from people against PTP and generally illogical, semi-literate rants from pro-government supporters. Guess this must be pretty much the way the country is.

I don't care too much about Yingluck getting the boot - but the list of other rogues and cronies who are going with her can only be good news for the future of Thailand. There may be a bump in the road for the short term - but PTP are still in power and will be worried about the army stepping in if they go too far.

• Like 1

Another case of democracy = elections.

Let's have some reforms first.

Reforms, reforms, reforms .... what reforms? Please spell them out .... would people quit saying they are necessary without saying exactly WHAT is necessary .... more biased laws favoring one party or the other? ... more party hardliners put in places serving political interests? Exactly what reforms do you want to put in place that will make elections fairer for all sides?

If you can't suggest reforms NOW that clearly make elections fairer for everyone (not just helping a yellow minority get elected) then shut up and hold elections and actually let the people decide instead of telling us that you speak for the majority .... ONLY an election is the voice of the people ... you arent!

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

One of the biggest problems Thailand has is its repeated failure to take out the shin clan and this ridiculous scenario where people ask what will Taksin do next, until he is taken out of the storyline by whatever means necessary then the saga will continue and the country will carry on in its self destructive direction.

The world knows that the self destruction of Thailand started with the coup in 2006, also the army knows that's why they stay on the sideline now.

No, the world knows it started in 2001 when Thaksin managed to bribe some judges to believe it was an honest mistake he gave a truckload of money to his gardeners, divers, maids.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

So well put in honour of an honest and tough lady, who has been bullied by a disgusting tirade for months. Well done Yingluck, it took a panel of corrupt judges to overcome you.

It wasn't her choice anyway, her brother in Dubai decided the terms and her actions... Just a simple puppet, simple as that, as we all know who REALLY runs the show from Dubai.

The legacy will never die so easily...

I had thought a few witty things to say about YL's demise however

they have already been posted. Such is life. Thai politics...like watching

two chameleons have sex...on the other hand...I hope the rice farmers

get paid.

Speaking of Thai politics...some of us old timers have heard this before...

You Go girl...just Go...

Abhisit is also guilty of abuse of power.

Really? Any links to the conviction?

I can't find a copy on-line, but have a read of the NACC's findings regarding the 2010 crackdown. The case is conclusive and the NACC have the power to press charges under article 250 of the constitution if Abhisit or Suthep hold a political position.

That's because it doesn't exist.

Constitution Courts reading seemed well reasoned - so Im sure the red shirts will think its bs lol p

The only question that matters - what will Thaksin do now? [/quote

Buy another Prime Ministe, I would think.

Jb1

• Like 1

I guess we do need reforms before elections. That is reform of the court system with is more corrupt than any government. Reform the courts before elections.

Yes YesYes ! a lot of fat old geriatrics who have been "cock of the pen" for far too long. About time they went to the judicial knackery. They are well past their 'use by date'

Reforms, reforms, reforms .... what reforms? Please spell them out .... would people quit saying they are necessary without saying exactly WHAT is necessary .... more biased laws favoring one party or the other? ... more party hardliners put in places serving political interests? Exactly what reforms do you want to put in place that will make elections fairer for all sides?

If you can't suggest reforms NOW that clearly make elections fairer for everyone (not just helping a yellow minority get elected) then shut up and hold elections and actually let the people decide instead of telling us that you speak for the majority .... ONLY an election is the voice of the people ... you arent!

How about some real punishments for corruption/vote buying/unconstitutional laws/etc? A 5 year ban from politics is useless, corrupt politicians just get proxies then come back after the ban expires.

• Like 1

Constitution Courts reading seemed well reasoned - so Im sure the red shirts will think its bs lol

The only question that matters - what will Thaksin do now?

Can her sister be brought in? She's at least got experience and will presumably toe the line. I assume the mistrust of many of the PTP MPs was the reason for Thaksin choosing Yingluck

I saw this on the news on a bus back from Bangkok but I thought she'd survived as she seemed to be smiling. Maybe she's glad to be out of it as it's not as if she had any wish or interest in being PM.

Let's hope that all the recriminations and celebrations, depending which side you're on are short lived and some sensible negotiation can now take place.

Holy Mackarel, the Yingluck fans are really expanding the envelope what levels of delusion one can achieve; it's like they try to one-up each other in coming up with the most alienated comments possible.

• Like 2

democracy = election. Ask in NorthKorea, they know all about elections.

The PDRC is slowly busy with setting up a framework of reforms. If they would have just presented 'this is it' they would have been denounced. As the Yingluck administration kept dragging it's feet, the further involvement of larger groups of Thai hasn't come to be yet.

So, keep complaining that they are no details on reforms and continue with the mantra "elections, respect my vote till it's counted".

Plain and utter manure.

How about some real punishments for corruption/vote buying/unconstitutional laws/etc? A 5 year ban from politics is useless, corrupt politicians just get proxies then come back after the ban expires.

I don't think the courts are as biased as many seem to think but it would be a good idea to make them more representative of the country. By that I don't mean more of Thaksin's family or paid supporters. Democracy isn't just about elections. After an election the government is still covered by rules which are overseen by the courts so they are an important part of democracy as can be seen here in Thailand.

Som nam na Yingluk.

You raped and divided the country now pay the price.

A great day for Thailand and the Thai people.smile.png

You, the court and the Thai Democrats might very soon rue the day this ruling was handed down.

Why? Don't you like a legally correct and explained in detail verdict if it goes against you?

If this brings us closer to an election.then I am happy. I didn't wanna see Yingluk run again anyways..since she will just stir the pot for more problems.

But don't be deceived...The Reds will come back, they will win the next election, and trust me...the Dems, after losing 30+ yrs in a row...will do the same old bullshit to

interfere with the operations of Gov't. Doesn't really matter who is in power.

Som nam na Yingluk.

You raped and divided the country now pay the price.

A great day for Thailand and the Thai people.smile.png

You, the court and the Thai Democrats might very soon rue the day this ruling was handed down.

this - the Thai people will not tolerate a judicial coup like this anymore - it's just begun

• Like 1

The lunatic SUTHEP failed to accomplish anything so the courts held a judicial coupe AGAIN. If u can't win an election let the courts give a guilty verdict on trumped up charges. Let's see what happens now.

Sent from Kukaz iPad Air

I tought this post was about Yingluck not Suthep.I think it is time to hang up your Typewriter Kuka as all the things you are saying has already been said and obviously you can't accept The courts ruling. Please just go off and do your cring in private....you really are a poor example of a logical person.

• Like 2