Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

You can take it a step further and ask yourself if we really want to sign him.

Ask yourself how you feel about Bale....yes the Saints midfielder would be a good addition...however.....

Perhaps its just something we have to accept as the norm nowadays.

yeah we want to sign him but not at 27 mil. southampton neithwr need or want to sell so theyve whacked the price up.

now.its down to levy and the player to work the situ 2 get what they want, hense all the bulshit. happened b4 no.doubt it'll happen again.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A contract is a contract and they have contracts for a reason. In employment terms it is there to protect both employee and employer and when both parties agreed and signed it, they were both happy with that agreement. If people were to ignore contracts without recourse, the world would be in disarray (more than it is already).

Has Schneiderlin put in a transfer request yet? Players and agents don't like doing that cos it costs them a lot of money. But if he wants to get out of his contract, that's what he should do. Southampton are not in the wrong here and just want a player who is contracted to the club, to do his job.

Unfortunately if a player really wants to go there is no point in keeping him. He can keep to his contract and just not play well.

We had the same problem with Anelka when him and his brother were trying to force a move to the Galactitossers, but at least we got good money out of it.

Would still expect Arsene to be in the frame for Schneiderlin if he is put under the hammer. 15 mil taken in for Vermaelen, forking out 12 on top of that will not seem like a stretch, particularly as he is way undperspent on the reported 100 mil for signings this Summer.

If I was Schneiderlin I'd try and get a move to a proper club. Could do better than Spurs. Maybe go to Arsenal.

Fact is, Chicog is right. Schneiderlin does not want to play for Southampton, so he won't .

Southampton are going down the swanny.

A contract is a contract and they have contracts for a reason. In employment terms it is there to protect both employee and employer and when both parties agreed and signed it, they were both happy with that agreement. If people were to ignore contracts without recourse, the world would be in disarray (more than it is already).

Has Schneiderlin put in a transfer request yet? Players and agents don't like doing that cos it costs them a lot of money. But if he wants to get out of his contract, that's what he should do. Southampton are not in the wrong here and just want a player who is contracted to the club, to do his job.

Unfortunately if a player really wants to go there is no point in keeping him. He can keep to his contract and just not play well.

We had the same problem with Anelka when him and his brother were trying to force a move to the Galactitossers, but at least we got good money out of it.

nothing new its been happening since 1960's, happens almost every time there's a difference in the dealing clubs valuation just now dumb arsed football fans buy into the media and clubs nasty pr bullshit.

Totally agree Chicog. If he wants to go the club should let him but seeing as it's him who wants to go, he should put in the transfer request.

If he doesn't and wants to play hard ball by not playing well, it surely shows what attitude he has to the club who want to sign him. Look at Suarez for instance. Wanted to leave Liverpool last season but couldn't, so he carried on and played the season of his life. Yes he wanted to go but no matter what you think about Suarez, he remained professional to his obligations. I would sooner sign someone like that than someone who throws his toys out of the pram.

Suarez plays football.

All he sees is defenders in front of him and a set of goal posts.

I don't know where Schneiderlin comes from, but comparison with Suarez is academic and probably flawed.

Suarez goes to Barcelona and is likely to be devastating.

If he doesn't and wants to play hard ball by not playing well, it surely shows what attitude he has to the club who want to sign him. Look at Suarez for instance. Wanted to leave Liverpool last season but couldn't, so he carried on and played the season of his life.

Not strictly true, only one club (us) which didn't meet their valuation, so they gave him a new contract and a huge pay rise - probably with a clause that said he could go if Barca or Real came a-knocking.

If he doesn't and wants to play hard ball by not playing well, it surely shows what attitude he has to the club who want to sign him. Look at Suarez for instance. Wanted to leave Liverpool last season but couldn't, so he carried on and played the season of his life.

Not strictly true, only one club (us) which didn't meet their valuation, so they gave him a new contract and a huge pay rise - probably with a clause that said he could go if Barca or Real came a-knocking.

But he went to Barcelona cos your 40 plus 1 didn't interest him.

What is Wenger going to do if he meets Messi, Neymar and Suarez in the Champions League?

Never mind Vermaelen.

wrong again u did meet their valuation, but they just ignored you and hoped youd go away which you rather pathetically meekly did. And you're seriousely suggesting a club will allow a clause in a contract saying he can leave for a.bigger club!!! i know your not to bright but even u surely can c that would never happen, what i suspect did happen was a verbal agreemnt which probably hinged around jaws staying 1 more.season and hopefully qualifying 4 champs lge football, which realisically looked out of reach pre season so he probaly felt safe he'd be on his way, but when liverpol qualified and the reality set in thy would struggle to compete in it, he still wanted a move and the bite was a 'reminder or insurance he still held thw upper hand ,hense the speed of the 'get rid'decision, only slight surprise was that liverpool got so much for.him considering the lengths suaraz would go to.secure a move and that barca were supposedly the.only club in for him.

wrong again u did meet their valuation, but they just ignored you and hoped youd go away which you rather pathetically meekly did. And you're seriousely suggesting a club will allow a clause in a contract saying he can leave for a.bigger club!!! i know your not to bright but even u surely can c that would never happen, what i suspect did happen was a verbal agreemnt which probably hinged around jaws staying 1 more.season and hopefully qualifying 4 champs lge football, which realisically looked out of reach pre season so he probaly felt safe he'd be on his way, but when liverpol qualified and the reality set in thy would struggle to compete in it, he still wanted a move and the bite was a 'reminder or insurance he still held thw upper hand ,hense the speed of the 'get rid'decision, only slight surprise was that liverpool got so much for.him considering the lengths suaraz would go to.secure a move and that barca were supposedly the.only club in for him.

I think there's a cross over in this one. Yes Arsenal met the original buy out clause which I think only means that a club is allowed to open talks with the player, it doesn't mean there's a done deal.

But I'm also sure (maybe a Liverpool fan can confirm) that Liverpool then gave him a new improved contract but Suarez had a release clause was put in should Barca (and I think RM) come a knocking, as it was only those two clubs he would have been interested in leaving Liverpool for.

Au contraire. rijit makes a lot of sense, not all of the time I grant you, but none of us are perfect. smile.png

Anyway, here's some more nonsense from a chicog blocked poster:

City to win the Community Shield 3-1. biggrin.png

( I'm in the UK, so no problem placing a wager. thumbsup.gif Roast beef and a few Guinness in my local. Magnifique as they say in Chile.)

I've never blocked anyone on TV, has anyone ever blocked me.....?

Come on, own up if ya know... :D

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Mrboj wanted to for years but now he looks forward to your posts so he said....

• Like 2

redrus

I know, he was like that when he forced me to meet him in that classy joint, Pattaya..... ;)

redrus

• Like 1

redrus

I know, he was like that when he forced me to meet him in that classy joint, Pattaya..... ;)

redrus

He'll be in Witherspoon's right now watching em get beat.....last time they won....but his lucky mascot ain't there this time!

I think there's a cross over in this one. Yes Arsenal met the original buy out clause which I think only means that a club is allowed to open talks with the player, it doesn't mean there's a done deal.

But I'm also sure (maybe a Liverpool fan can confirm) that Liverpool then gave him a new improved contract but Suarez had a release clause was put in should Barca (and I think RM) come a knocking, as it was only those two clubs he would have been interested in leaving Liverpool for.

No. the liverpool owners confirmed arsenal met the critera set out in the contract ie 40 mil to trigger a transfer, and come on bo nothing happens b4 talks but the yanks said they just ignored it and arsenal after one bid meekly almost apolgeticaly went away with their tails between their legs, rather pathetic really.

www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-release-clause-in-luis-suarez-contract-was-activated-by-arsenal-but-liverpool-owner-john-henry-reveals-club-ignored-it-9164948.html

Edited by rijit

Come on, own up if ya know... biggrin.png

redrus

I know, he was like that when he forced me to meet him in that classy joint, Pattaya..... wink.png

redrus

He'll be in Witherspoon's right now watching em get beat.....last time they won....but his lucky mascot ain't there this time!

You're right smokes, I was in Witherspoons. Tha knows me too well mucker biggrin.png

• Like 2

Come on, own up if ya know... biggrin.png

redrus

I know, he was like that when he forced me to meet him in that classy joint, Pattaya..... wink.png

redrus

You're right smokes, I was in Witherspoons. Tha knows me too well mucker biggrin.png

Yep. Weatherspoons Pattaya.

Quality.