Short break in Koh Samui

probably best would be middle to South Chaweng in June, best sand, best water, a lot of resorts for all prices, hundreds of restaurants on Chaweng, farmer markets, walking street, night market, beach restaurants, brand new open shopping, dinning complex etc

The south end of Chaweng Beach is a good area but as Birdman mentioned in an earlier post--beware of strong riptides. After having swam in the same location daily for a month with never an issue, I was surprised to get caught up in a riptide in relatively calm seas in the same location. Apparently the overnight waves had altered the seafloor and when combined with the wave and tide height, it created this perfect riptide for a few hours.

You might try Agoda.com as a good search engine for hotels.

Cheers

• Like 1

probably best would be middle to South Chaweng in June, best sand, best water, a lot of resorts for all prices, hundreds of restaurants on Chaweng, farmer markets, walking street, night market, beach restaurants, brand new open shopping, dinning complex etc

The south end of Chaweng Beach is a good area but as Birdman mentioned in an earlier post--beware of strong riptides. After having swam in the same location daily for a month with never an issue, I was surprised to get caught up in a riptide in relatively calm seas in the same location. Apparently the overnight waves had altered the seafloor and when combined with the wave and tide height, it created this perfect riptide for a few hours.

You might try Agoda.com as a good search engine for hotels.

Cheers

Actually looking at HotelsCombined and Agoda right now.

Just got back from 10 days in Samui, i stayed at Samui Natural near Bohput booked through Agoda. Need you own transport but great value for 700 baht a night. They will get you a bike rental good quality 250 baht per day. Can get cheaper but these were nearly new bikes. Plenty of power cuts, government water rationed and very busy roads. Hotel no problem with water or electric just out and about.

Went around Green Mango area 4 times, 4 times had my pockets dipped into by the she boys, disappointing for them as my hands were already in my pockets expecting it. Be careful of these petty criminals who should be rounded up and kicked off the Island.