YSS Thailand is useless

2 weeks of non answers and dodging the question on Facebook and finally they admit that they do not know how to calculate spring rate

Bloody useless for a shock manufacturer not to know who to calculate the proper spring rate for a specific application.

Perhaps you should do the spring rate calculation yourself and let them know what you want.

A plethora of online resources are available.

Edited by papa al

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

2 weeks of non answers and dodging the question on Facebook and finally they admit that they do not know how to calculate spring rate

Bloody useless for a shock manufacturer not to know who to calculate the proper spring rate for a specific application.

if they dont know how to calculate, how they can make products for specific bikes?

Exactly. Mrs Hoghead has now been speaking to them in Thai and they do not want to have a technical discussion as this "is a secret"

Perhaps you should do the spring rate calculation yourself and let them know what you want.

A plethora of online resources are available.

I would if I could find an on-line spring calculator for the rear shock. Several for front spring rates but nothing that I can find for the rear

I would if I could find an on-line spring calculator for the rear shock. Several for front spring rates but nothing that I can find for the rear

Race tech does

http://racetech.com/VehicleSearch

After inputting your year, make etc

Look at the list scroll down to rear

Rear Shock Spring Series (Adapter Collar(s) required if listed)

- Calculate Spring Rates and Display Available Springs

Click the underlined input your & your bikes weight then use that next calculator to get rates

Not all bikes will have a option to calculate rear but many do

Good Luck

Edited by mania