diyer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure it was appendicitis ?

How many kidneys do you have ?

I still have both kidneys thanks.

Definitely appendicitis, which explained why the 'trots' and feeling so bad.

The kidneys and appendix are in totally different locations.

I'll have a nice scar to prove it.

Your not suggesting they'd slip out one of my kidneys for the black market are you?

If I didn't trust the medical treatment you can get in LOS, I wouldn't have moved here.

Get well soon. Good choice of a place to retire. A gem of a little city. Lived outside Roi-Et since 2001.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"poison is the tool of the powerless"

cant find the exact quote but i am sure it comes from somewhere.

found this one instead

"Having breast cancer is massive amounts of no fun. First they mutilate you; then they poison you; then they burn you. I have been on blind dates better than that."

• Like 1

"poison is the tool of the powerless"

cant find the exact quote but i am sure it comes from somewhere.

found this one instead

"Having breast cancer is massive amounts of no fun. First they mutilate you; then they poison you; then they burn you. I have been on blind dates better than that."

Wow! What a bundle of fun you must be................did you happen to be the blind date?

Ah well, I left Thailand April 30th for a well deserved month of holiday, got off the plane at 08h and went to urgency department of nearby hospital by 12am.

On my way from Udon Thani, sitting in 3 planes and awaiting next flight at some airport I felt increasing needs of urinating with less and less results...

Diagnosed AUR (Acute Urinary Retention, a life threatening situation!) I was provided with a Foley urinary catheter for one week.

It's no fun to walk around with a bag between your legs and a draining tube in your penis.

Spend one day at the hospital to have the thing removed and checking and yes I can urinate, but nothing will be the same ever again xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.png

Hope I won't be too much handicapped now xermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

Has anyone else encountered such a bad start to their life in LOS?

Could have been worse I guess, you could have arrived here and found out your GF has moved her Thai husband into your apartment and she has changed the locks and left you standing or the door step with your bags..rolleyes.gif

Based on what you wrote, I doubt you had appendicitis. Which means two things: your start in LOS is even more auspicious, and now you won't have to worry about real appendicitis in the future.

Er, unless they just made a nice scar ….

• Like 2

Are you sure it was appendicitis ?

How many kidneys do you have ?

I still have both kidneys thanks.

Definitely appendicitis, which explained why the 'trots' and feeling so bad.

The kidneys and appendix are in totally different locations.

I'll have a nice scar to prove it.

Your not suggesting they'd slip out one of my kidneys for the black market are you?

If I didn't trust the medical treatment you can get in LOS, I wouldn't have moved here.

He wasn't being serious. It's called satire biggrin.png .

What was the total of the bill from the hospital to remove your appendix?

42,000 baht.

Private room, medicines, operation, doctors and surgeon fees,, x-ray and cat scan.

I believe it would have been half the price at one of the Public Hospitals.

I thought the cost was very reasonable considering the care they take of you. Nothing was to much trouble.

Edited by diyer

Thanks to everyone who wished me well.

I was discharged from Hospital this afternoon after 4 days in care.

I've got to carry on with antibiotics and replacing the dressing myself for the next 4 days, then the stiches come out.

Whilst thinking about my situation, similar situation must arise for newcomers to Thailand who weren't as fortunate as myself, in so far as I had a good friend who has a Thai wife who were able to guide me through everything. It must be a daunting experience for someone who doesn't know anyone, no Thai language skills, where to go, what to do. I mean they'd be at the mercy of do-gooders.

Personal possessions, money, valuables, could all be lost/stolen by making an error of misjudgement.

The mind boggles, what could have been!

Interesting story OP. Regarding the cost, my Thai wife had the same operation at a private hospital in 1995 while attending university in Bangkok. The cost was 10,000 baht. She was in the hospital for one week. And yes, she still has the scar to prove it and says the pain was worse than child birth! Feel better and welcome to Thailand.