Flaws in Suthep's plan to install a new government

webfact

In e years time, thaksin and yingluck with both be in jail. Suthep will the the supreme leader. Election will be abolish, and a dirty word. Any mention of election is an act of overthrowing the sovereign govt hence carry a 10 years jail sentence. Thailand will be free of corruption, and every thai shall live in peace and prosperity at last. All gambling and prostitution is abolish, and thai citizen can travel freely to usa and Europe freely without a visa anymore (like the Singaporean now).

Am I the only one who saw the irony and laughed (at least about the two last sentences, the first part is realistic)???

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suthep accomplished much by getting lil sis and others out. He cannot appoint a new pm of course. Now things will be decided through the courts. That will take time. But reforms before new elections seem unrealistic.

I agree on Suthep's accomplishments, because without the protests the amnesty bill would be law.

However, legally, things are in a suspended state. One side says we don't have a PM so elections can't be called, while the other side says if we don't have a PM, Surachai can't be endorsed therefore the senate can't meet to vote on the NACC's indictments. It is beginning to look like the much talked about political vacuum is coming to pass.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

On Monday, Suthep led thousands of his followers to Parliament, where senators sharing his goals invited him to take part in an informal meeting on his proposal for an appointed prime minister. He sat in an ornate chair side by side with new Senate Speaker Surachai Liengboonlertchai, who is seen as sympathetic to his views.

He was given VIP treatment despite being under indictment for murder for his role in the deadly suppression of street demonstrations in 2010 when he was deputy prime minister. Police are also seeking to charge him with insurrection, terrorism and other crimes for leading the current protests.

Suthep on Tuesday spoke from a high-ceilinged room that is normally used for state visits.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/thai-protest-leader-renews-govt-ouster-call/2014/05/13/900915fe-da92-11e3-a837-8835df6c12c4_story.html

The biggest flaw in the idiot Suthep's plan is that he doesn't really have one, he is just winging it. This whole thing seem to be just a personal vendetta by Suthep against Thaksin and people are getting hurt in his private little bitching.

The notion that this has been some grand game of chess is silly. Its more like watching the same movie over and over again.

More like watching different movies. Like Pocahontas and Avatar. Same story, different characters.

• Like 1

It's a shame that the Thai press writes this tripe about a seditionist as if he is some sort of national savior. They give him credibility and delude the Thai people in to accepting that he is legitimate which he is not. He is a seditionist and anarchist nothing more. The continued evangelizing of Suthep by the Thai press is appalling.

They write it because they were warned by Suthep what would happen if they didn't report Suthep and his mob only in a positive way. Reporting two sides is banned.

Sounds a lot like what goes on in many North & North/east villages with the village chief weilding his PTP political agent authority.

Suthep is an embarassing sad little old power hungry man. Nothing more.

He cares nothing about reforms. He was in power for years and did absolutely NO reforms. Then, when he loses the election to Puea Thai, suddenly he is the champion of reforms. While he was in power, he did nothing to change the so-called flawed system. Its only flawed if it doesnt work to his advantage. Only the gullible and plain stupid believe him.

Even the Democrats are starting to distance themselves from him. Abhisit knows that if he sticks with Suthep, it will be his political doom. Eventually Puea Thai and the Democrats will end up making a deal, possibly even behind the scenes. Suthep will be left behind and out, which may however make him even more dangerous as he keeps dividing the nation and tries to start a civil / class war.

He needs to let others sort things out now as he will never be able to do that. His success was getting ordinary people out on the streets to show their feelings and that's what he does best. Now his part in this is basically over and he needs to stand back to let things move on.

On Monday, Suthep led thousands of his followers to Parliament, where senators sharing his goals invited him to take part in an informal meeting on his proposal for an appointed prime minister. He sat in an ornate chair side by side with new Senate Speaker Surachai Liengboonlertchai, who is seen as sympathetic to his views.

He was given VIP treatment despite being under indictment for murder for his role in the deadly suppression of street demonstrations in 2010 when he was deputy prime minister. Police are also seeking to charge him with insurrection, terrorism and other crimes for leading the current protests.

Suthep on Tuesday spoke from a high-ceilinged room that is normally used for state visits.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/thai-protest-leader-renews-govt-ouster-call/2014/05/13/900915fe-da92-11e3-a837-8835df6c12c4_story.html

What wrong with you.

Are you jealous?

his plan is great and working. Its clearly stated and he's kept to it from start. SImply to do all he can to get rid of Taksin his clan and rest and not to rest until its achieved.

Seems to me hes down pretty well so far in getting to achieve that 100%.

I my this wife ( not hiss but from slums) most of her family (not all) and many thai friends mostly poor issan folk are totally 100% behind him. It might be because because even though they come form downtrodden issan poor they or most of them dragged themselves out worked hard and made something of their lives.

Wait and see and learn thank goodness it seems certain Thailand will get rid of worse would be megalomaniac dictator at last.

But if I'm wrong and Taksin wins you can say hello Zimbabwe North Korea for Thailand.

Ive been here over 30 years and Taksin his clan and cronies represent the biggest risk ever to any form of democracy here and if they get their way the poor will become just like most of NOrth Koreans. Maybe it will serve them right but I really try not to think like that although its hard to do so.

As far as my immediate family are concerned we've been hoping for best since writing was on wall 10 + years ago when Taksin started this grand plan we have and are prepared for worst.

If Taksin does get his way and turns Thailand into his own one party state all those naive and brainwashed forang here will crawl under rocks they belong just like other naive well meaning what did Stalin say useful idiots

The biggest flaw in the idiot Suthep's plan is that he doesn't really have one, he is just winging it. This whole thing seem to be just a personal vendetta by Suthep against Thaksin and people are getting hurt in his private little bitching.

Very true. His supporters will regret in the long run. Suthep is not the right person in thai democracy.

• Like 1

In e years time, thaksin and yingluck with both be in jail. Suthep will the the supreme leader. Election will be abolish, and a dirty word. Any mention of election is an act of overthrowing the sovereign govt hence carry a 10 years jail sentence. Thailand will be free of corruption, and every thai shall live in peace and prosperity at last. All gambling and prostitution is abolish, and thai citizen can travel freely to usa and Europe freely without a visa anymore (like the Singaporean now).

You really do need to seek professional help with this delusions that you are suffering from. whistling.gif

A lot of people around here need to seek professional help...lol...but this post is a prize winner. Take it from a U.S. citizen, there is no way that Thais will EVER travel to the U.S. without visas. We don't even allow our closest allies travel to our country without Visas. Even Thais married to US citizens have problems getting visas. The process takes up to 3 years. Not to mention that the Western countries are opposed to the acts of Suthep and the undemocratic nature of his actions. We have way too much of an illegal immigration problem as it is. Where did you ever hear this load of buffalo poop I see above? I think Just1Voice hit the nail on the head. Professional help is in order...lol. Regarding everything else I will sum it up like this...Suthep and everyone else that has thrown Thailand into an economic down spiral is in for a rude awakening very soon. The economic prosperity in Thailand is coming to an end and moving to the countries outside of the borders such as Laos, Cambodia, and Myanmar. If you look at the economic report for 2014 regarding Southeast Asian countries, it is predicted that Thailand will have nearly zero economic growth annually and countries like the aboved mentioned will experience an annual growth averaging about 7% for the next 10 to 20 years. Tourism drives the Thai economy and that industry is eroding as we speak. Did you know all of the countries you talk about just issued travel warnings for Thailand,? If Thailand does away with elections and democracy, the West will reject the leaders who pose such laws and actions and it will actually become harder for Thais to travel. The US and Europe promote democracy first and foremost. Have you ever heard of the COLD WAR? It was all about Democracy (U.S.) and Communism (U.S.S.R.). Democracy won and is defended by the super powers at all costs. I think Thailand would be better suited to pass a law that again allows the use of xanax...lol.

I think Suriya4 has listened to one speech too many and is now suffering form Stockholm Syndrome.

Best book the next padded cell to Suthep and save one for Woopy Bloody Doo

Suthep accomplished much by getting lil sis and others out. He cannot appoint a new pm of course. Now things will be decided through the courts. That will take time. But reforms before new elections seem unrealistic.

I agree on Suthep's accomplishments, because without the protests the amnesty bill would be law.

However, legally, things are in a suspended state. One side says we don't have a PM so elections can't be called, while the other side says if we don't have a PM, Surachai can't be endorsed therefore the senate can't meet to vote on the NACC's indictments. It is beginning to look like the much talked about political vacuum is coming to pass.

It wasn't suthep who organised the protests against the amnesty bill. He hijacked that movement for his own agenda.

It wasn't suthep who organised the protests against the amnesty bill. He hijacked that movement for his own agenda.

Since the Democrates didn't do it, and it wasn't Suthep, who did it?