Hip replacement in chiang mai

Saan

• 1 year later...

I am an Occupational Therapist and run my own consultancy. lots of experience working with people home after hip ops. A couple of suggestions

1. Toilet: Buy an over toilet frame. unscrew the existing seat and lid from your toilet then place the toilet frame over it. Do not use one of those toilet raisers. unstable and do not have the handles to help you up and down.

2 Seating. rent a Kingston chair or similar. this is a firm raised chair with arms.

These items are available from the hospital supply companies in CM.

They may be provided on loan as part of the discharge policy of the hospital

If you have any questions I am happy to answer

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hello,

My 79 year old mother just got her hip dislocated. We are now at ram (might see a new topic about ram hosp) and I would like to find what you state in your post and also a walker?

An adress would be great. Thanks in advance for any help.

Most hospitals have shops \ pharmacy nearby selling a variety of aids like this. I cannot be too specific but oposite the Maharaj Nakorn hospital is a place called 'Pharmacy Health and Beauty ' that may be OK.

Most hospitals have shops \ pharmacy nearby selling a variety of aids like this. I cannot be too specific but oposite the Maharaj Nakorn hospital is a place called 'Pharmacy Health and Beauty ' that may be OK.

The cheapest place I found was the pharmacy just before you get to Tesco Lotus on Hang Dong Rd. It is next to a hospital and it is in the block immediately before TL and on the same side of the road.

A wide range of products and well priced. A little bit of barter also works.

I also found a device, I think they are called doughnuts to elevate you on the toilet. This one has arms and is very easy to take on and off and comfortable.

Avoid like the plague buying anything form the hospital as they mark by a few hundred per cent.