Obese Brit lost so much weight Thai Immigration refused to believe he was same person

webfact

To those who don't know from "stones" this fine dude lost well over 100 pounds in a year. Wow! That is remarkable. Good luck to him to keep it going (the even harder part).

Do I get it right?

From the photo on the right side, he lost 100 pounds or 50 kg?

Well he looks fat but not that fat that he could loose 50 kg + has a lot more muscles than before.

If he has on the photo 120 kg, than he would have now 70 kg?

Or do I get something wrong?

21 stone is 294 pounds.

The article says he went from 21 to 13 stone.

That's an 8 stone loss to 182 pounds.

8 stone is 112 pounds.

<deleted> join the real world and use KG.

• Like 1

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About a year ago I completely quit drinking beer and lost a great deal of weight. Last month I was in Australia and the immigration officer didn't believe I was the person on my passport photo. It took 2 supervisors to sort it out.

I have not touched beer since June 3rd last year, with that, some juicing for 30 days and exercise I have lost 21 kg - 46 pounds. Big difference between now and the last 12 months.

I am now thinking of going to a local Muay Thai club to take part in their daily fitness workout, I could not have contemplated that 12 months ago. If you want to loose weight stay off the beer!

• Like 1

About a year ago I completely quit drinking beer and lost a great deal of weight. Last month I was in Australia and the immigration officer didn't believe I was the person on my passport photo. It took 2 supervisors to sort it out.

I have not touched beer since June 3rd last year, with that, some juicing for 30 days and exercise I have lost 21 kg - 46 pounds. Big difference between now and the last 12 months.

I am now thinking of going to a local Muay Thai club to take part in their daily fitness workout, I could not have contemplated that 12 months ago. If you want to loose weight stay off the beer!

I was amazed that simply getting off the beer would drop so much weight. The weight loss was a by product, I was just drinking way to much beer and needed to quit

• Like 1

I had a problem entering France aged 18 with a passport issued when I was 12 but French Immigration finally let me in reluctantly. I used the passport without further problems for another 4 years until it expired.

Edited by Dogmatix

I had a problem entering France aged 18 with a passport issued when I was 12 but French Immigration finally let me in reluctantly. I used the passport without further problems for another 4 years until it expired.

If you didn't look a lot different between 12 and 18 I would be very concerned!

Statistics show that before long, he'll look like the passport photo again. Actually, he may have a difficult time convincing authorities that the he's the same person as the "thinner" chap in the photo. wink.png

That is sadly true but let's all wish him the best of luck in beating the odds!

To those who don't know from "stones" this fine dude lost well over 100 pounds in a year. Wow! That is remarkable. Good luck to him to keep it going (the even harder part).

Stones? LBs(sic) come on guys. This is a metric country!!

• Like 1

I had a similar problem. When I came to Thailand I was about 14 stone and looked about 60 years old.

I went to 2 different training camps.........The first was Soi Cowboy the 2nd was Nana Plaza.

After training as hard as I possible and as often as I could, I lost 2 stone (Before you say a thing,I do mean in weight)

Just yesterday with my new Bruce Lee good looks and figure a young lady told me she thought I looked 32 year old.

The fact she said 2k short 4k long and I asked if that was US dollars or UK pounds has nothing to do with anything laugh.png

On a serious note..helluva achievement by the guy. Takes a lot of hard work and dedication to do what he did thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

• Like 2

................But he's trying to get out of Thailand, not in............Who cares what he looks like.................One less pesky Farang in the Kingdom!

.............Typically Thai to get most things arse about face!

And who was saying that to the Thai's we all look alike ?....cheesy.gif

but guess it goes to prove immigration are paying attention

Perhaps we are recognised by our waistlines eh............laugh.png

That bring back a funny memory.

I was talking to my wife and I asked her why I got so much attention compared to my skinny friends. She said it is because you have a big pom pui and the girls as such think you have a lot of wealth.

• Like 1