Pattaya to Clamp Down on Vendors and Peddlers on Beach Road

Rimmer

Pattaya to Clamp Down on Vendors and Peddlers on Beach Road
PATTAYA – May 16, 2014 [PDN];- at 13.00 pm. There had been a conference with the peace preservation and administrative department at Pataya City Hall. Mr.Anupong Putthanawarat- chief of the peace preservation and administrative department- chaired the conference and there were Pattaya’s members and those involved also attended the conference.

At the conference they had discussed how to manage the vendors in Pattaya. Foreigners and Thais have complained to Pattaya’s administrator that the street vendors and peddlers who sell food and beverage on beach had sold it on the footpath and on the road causing traffic congestion and made the road dirty and smelly. Therefore Pataya’s administrators had ordered the committees to find a solution.

Mr.Theerasak Jatupong- director of peace preservation and administrative department-revealed that the amount of municipal officers is insufficient to patrol the whole of Pattaya. Therefore they had patrolled Pattaya beach and they found a lot of vendors selling on beach road. As they had been informed the municipal officers can only catch them and fine them and can’t confiscate their belongings.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/05/18/pattaya-to-clamp-down-on-vendors-and-peddlers-on-beach-road/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-05-18

Its becoming more and more like Australia, as far as crackdowns are concerned , lets forget corruption and criminals lets attack the honest vendors trying to make a baht. they are law abiding so they are an easy mark.

Yes I also rather see they clam hard down of prostitutes of both genders and all the drug addicts walking around there.

It's easy to spot them so no excuses.

In all my years in Thailand I never seen a police foot patrol anywhere, never.

I know Thais hate to walk and in the sun too, horror horror, but they got the police station right on prime land on the mid of Beach Road but they rather stand 4 of them stopping scooters and write tickets. I got stopped 3 times last week but I think they know me now and leave me alone since I have everything in order.

The police should buy some mountain bikes and patrol on them if they hate to walk so much but I suspect a pedal driven bike will be considered just as bad as walking as you might sweating if going fast.

And the jetski scammers and the lady boy gangsters and the purse snatchers and the drug addicts and the police lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Congrats. After careful, shrewd detective work, you've managed to uncover some well-hidden inconsistencies in this most rational well-ordered society. Now we know.

My dear ol' dad used to say, "It's always somethin'." Never fear: if City Hall fixed the above issues, there would be others for you to enjoy pointing at and alerting us to.

By now, the Pattaya city boy have a template of the above proclamation where by they dust it off

every few months, depends on the mood and publish it over and over again, no one take them

seriously any more...

The problem here is that anyone vending on the pavements should only be doing so if they have paid (the Council?) first. For "special" occasions and between Christmas and New Year the pavement on Beach Road is absolutely thronged with stalls; all of whom have coughed up a fee for the privilege. I do hope they don't clamp down on the vendors on the actual beach. How else would I manage to get my banana cake, smoked fish, deep fried crab, prawns & chicken, fresh mussels & prawns, massage, CDs, books, papers, cigars, watches, shirts, towels, bedding, ice cream, nuts & crisps, eggs, etc, etc, etc without having to leave my deckchair? Judging by the way they all hide when the police drop by (a very rare occurrence) they are also illegal.

By now, the Pattaya city boy have a template of the above proclamation where by they dust it off

every few months, depends on the mood and publish it over and over again, no one take them

seriously any more...

"Pattaya city boy" Special friend of yours, is he?

"publish it over and over again, no one take them seriously any more..."

Sort of like the one-size-fits-all random complaints from some serial whiners on Thai Visa who seem to think they know all about how Thai police, politicians, vendors, shop-keepers, et al operate, apparently without ever leaving the keyboard or bar stool for long.

• Like 1

Yes I also rather see they clam hard down of prostitutes of both genders and all the drug addicts walking around there.

I know Thais hate to walk and in the sun too, horror horror, but they got the police station right on prime land on the mid of Beach Road but they rather stand 4 of them stopping scooters and write tickets. I got stopped 3 times last week but I think they know me now and leave me alone since I have everything in order.

The police should buy some mountain bikes and patrol on them if they hate to walk so much but I suspect a pedal driven bike will be considered just as bad as walking as you might sweating if going fast.

Clamp down on prostitutes on beach road??????? How about walking street too? Just close Pattaya, please explain why you would want that?

Why the hell are you even in Pattaya with stupid remarks like that. I suppose it's because Pattaya is well known for all it's Churches and Monastries where you can go pray for the souls of those wicked females and gender benders.

Den

" that the street vendors and peddlers who sell food and beverage on beach had sold it on the footpath and on the road causing traffic congestion and made the road dirty and smelly. Therefore Pataya’s administrators had ordered the committees to find a solution."

Yeah, making the beach dirty and smelly is not really important, but we really have to do something to keep the road clean for traffic.....

How about starting with those blocking the roads completely during any festivals. I've stopped going completely to those events as they're nothing but two kilometers of huts selling the usual junk and food.

There has been many declarations from the Town Hall about stamping out Jetski scamming, so all their declarations a waste of time.

It has not been affected at all.

A week or so back a Jet Ski mafia guy made me delete photos from my camera. I had not realised a scam was in progress.

2 big back up brutes lerking behind him. I deleted the ones he wanted deleted. I,e anything in scammers direction even those half an hour before victims returned to shore. I did not want a 65,000 baht camera smashed.

No point in saying I am on a public road ... Im calling the police. Me thinks they would just laugh for obvious reasons.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There has been many declarations from the Town Hall about stamping out Jetski scamming, so all their declarations a waste of time.

A week or so back a Jet Ski mafia guy made me delete photos from my camera. I had not realised a scam was in progress.

2 big back up brutes lerking behind him. I deleted the ones he wanted deleted. I,e anything in scammers direction even those half an hour before victims returned to shore. I did not want a 65,000 baht camera smashed.

No point in saying I am on a public road ... Im calling the police. Me thinks they would just laugh for obvious reasons.

Plenty of software available to un-delete camera photos if your so minded

Thanks for that. Kind of you to reply. Plenty more sunsets (which was what I waiting for) will happen ... roughly one a day. I will give that bit of beach a miss though.

Thanks for that. Kind of you to reply. Plenty more sunsets (which was what I waiting for) will happen ... roughly one a day. I will give that bit of beach a miss though.

Pawneese, If you sit in a bar all afternoon and drink a copious amount of alcohol, I reckon you'll see 2 sunsets. Or you'll fall off your stool.

• Like 1

Some vendors are selling sex toys in the open , better hurry if you want one.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You can download Recova free software (or any other) and it will undo the delete. Very easy to do.

• Like 1