CAPO: Civil servants who are PDRC supporters might be charged

Lite Beer

Civil servant having their own opinion and supporting/voting Democrat? No problem.

Civil servant privately agreeing with the reasons a government should be over thrown? OK but keep that to yourself.

Civil servant actively supporting and participating with a group seeking to over throw the government? Problem.

It is really that simple. It only gets convoluted when you factor in your bias and opinion on who is the lessor of the evils here.

The government resigned it is a care taker government, who should be keeping there heads down and not causing problems. If this was some yahoo telling you to shut up would you meekly except it, I think not.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It cracks me up that there are still a number of posters here who continue to think intimidation band threats by a government agency is just fine, especially since what they do has no affect what so ever on restoring law and order

Civil servant having their own opinion and supporting/voting Democrat? No problem.

Civil servant privately agreeing with the reasons a government should be over thrown? OK but keep that to yourself.

Civil servant actively supporting and participating with a group seeking to over throw the government? Problem.

It is really that simple. It only gets convoluted when you factor in your bias and opinion on who is the lessor of the evils here.

The government resigned it is a care taker government, who should be keeping there heads down and not causing problems. If this was some yahoo telling you to shut up would you meekly except it, I think not.

This government is toast, so gov workers should stay on duty and keep things operating best they can.

As far as Charlem being a Yahoo, I agree, and another statement that he's going to arrest or charge anyone for anything, is laughable.

Still, that has nothing to do with my position about how government service employees should conduct themselves.

Some thing that hits me with this is that most (>90%) civil servants I know like teachers, office workers at different governmental organizations , police officers and so on are supporting PDRC and all of them have some kind of higher education.
Then among the farmers and other people I know it's about 50/50 and the 50% that likes UDD and Taksin they are mostly uneducated and many of them didn't even finish high school!

Edited by Kasset Tak

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Threatening civil servants with treason ? Just another day in the life of Pheu Thai. What is of course behind the bluster of CAPO's announcement is actually a lot of fear, because Pheu Thai fears that civil servants will yet again cast a smile in the direction of those who want Thaksin out of the system - and what could possibly be more treasonous than that ?

Might be a good time for the civil servants to start a campaign of civil disobedience, starting with CAPO, first up they could slow-down or even better, lose the daily booze order - now that would put a cat among the pigeons just for starters.
That's fine, just stop their paychecks. End of story

Not end of story.

They are human beings with rights.

They are citizens of Thailand who, when there are severe situations have every right to express their opinion.

On the other hand moonah, are chalerm and surapong still collecting a salary?

And how come the CAPO junior staff are making announcements, not the senior officials whose names are not being mentioned in media releases?

While were at it, moonah, why are poor paid rice farmers still been paid after six months? And who / why has silenced them?

Gotta give it to him. Chalerm is not a quitter. He wants results so he will get results. He can't manage to arrest the ones he calls the bad guys.

Chalerm couldn't arrest even himself on a sober day.... once in a blue moon, that being.

Yet he remains an icon to the dis-assembled lot of usuries, because he has a pink one, or so he believes that's the size of it.

He'll start charging the rice-farmers next, for producing positively for the country - just something he could never do for himself... in a positive way.

He'll start threatening the rice farmer next because they produce the food that feeds the opposition.

Many posters seems surprisingly ignorant of how the civil service works in a modern nation state. As an earlier poster said, one task of civil servants is to implement government policy, and when they oppose or subvert government policies the mechanisms of policy making break down. For that reason, most systems use one of two approaches; either there is a strong norm of civil service neutrality (separating the public role and the private beliefs of civil servants), or senior officials are political appointees and change with the government (as in the US system). What will not work is career tenure coupled with partisan political commitment, which is what people like Dr Narong seem to want. Some countries have regulations to prevent this (as the 1984 civil service regulations in the UK), while other jurisdictions, such as Taiwan, have enacted legislation.

http://210.69.104.46/pages/detail.aspx?Node=780&Page=4167&Index=4

The latter is quite an interesting read in terms of what is and is not permissible, Taiwan's approach has been criticised because it introduces a concept of administrative neutrality which may go beyond what is necessary to achieve political neutrality. Legislation like this is controversial in systems where occupations such as teachers and university lecturers are civil servants, as it has been asserted that it curtails free speech. However, there is a wide consensus that senior civil servants involved in policy making with Ministers do need to comply with some norm of political neutrality if their position is not to become untenable when the government changes.

Seemingly harsh but it does make sense. It's time to stop mincing words: The PDRC is a terrorist organization. If a government worker was involved with al-Qaeda or the like they'd face legal action as well.

This is what happens when you take a one sided view. There are some violent people in the PDRC or at least siding with them. There are also some violent people in the UDD and some of their leaders have encouraged violence from rally stages in particular in 2010. That doesn't mean all supporters of these two groups are terrorists. If you treat both sets of supporters equally then there will be a lot of legal action and some will happen to the caretaker government.

CAPO = Thaksin mouthpiece = soi dog barking in the night. This is more ineffective, useless barking in the night by CAPO. Annoying, but not attention worthy. It is my fervent hope that these would-be dictators get their deserved come-uppance and soon. I suppose, from CAPO's point of view, half the population (those that don't support Dear Leader) are guilty and could/should be charged with treason. Non-democratic, to say the least.

CAPO is one of the only organisations still upholding the law in Thailand. Unfortunately there are few police and military prepared to enforce that law.

This means that these PDRC civil servants (along with their fascist idol Suthep) will get away with undermining democracy.

These people clearly need a lesson in democracy, but in my experience they have closed minds, impervious to ideas from the modern outside world. Although several surrounding countries understand and support democracy - e.g. India, Philippines, Indonesia - the Thai middle class persists in believing that Thailand is "different" and cannot follow the rest of the world. And one has to agree: different. That is, suffering the curse of the ammart, which says that the "great and the good" shall rule over the lower orders for evermore.

CAPO is one of the only organisations still upholding the law in Thailand. Unfortunately there are few police and military prepared to enforce that law.

This means that these PDRC civil servants (along with their fascist idol Suthep) will get away with undermining democracy.

These people clearly need a lesson in democracy, but in my experience they have closed minds, impervious to ideas from the modern outside world. Although several surrounding countries understand and support democracy - e.g. India, Philippines, Indonesia - the Thai middle class persists in believing that Thailand is "different" and cannot follow the rest of the world. And one has to agree: different. That is, suffering the curse of the ammart, which says that the "great and the good" shall rule over the lower orders for evermore.

The only fascists in this story are those refusing others the right to think in any way but the PT party line.

• Like 2

Errr... You got it wrong, Sir. You may have inverted your brain. I hope that it is only temporary. Please, do not use ear medicine to cure it.

• Like 1

96 posts and we already have " Idol Fascist Suthep" and Amart mentioned, wonder what the rhetoric will be after 966 posts. Who runs CAPO, ??? and you want to respect it ???

Trustworthy government, fantastically organized-non corrupt.cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Anteanter, Please read the article again and sincerely ask this question to yourself:

- Who is attempting to cut the right to freedom of expression and association of the civil servants?

Once you've got the answer, imagine that you are trying to complete a Crossword Puzzle and you have to find the word that define "a regime that attempts to cut the right of freedom of expression and association". What adjectives come to your mind?

96 posts and we already have " Idol Fascist Suthep" and Amart mentioned, wonder what the rhetoric will be after 966 posts. Who runs CAPO, ??? and you want to respect it ???

Trustworthy government, fantastically organized-non corrupt.

As the days of PTP dwindle to a precious few, expect the rhetoric (and new posters against Suthep) to increase.

• Like 1

Democracy. A fine word!

Each country evolves their own version. All are different. We are seeing it happen here!

One of the biggest problems in a country were people only follow the rules that suit them is organising a constitution that works for all. Thailand hasn't found that yet. but it will, if politicians and others actually start talking and stop obstructing .. that stands for ALL involved! Shinawatra clan. Thaugsuban clan. Etc :

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is anteater talking about CAPO in Thailand? I think that CAPO in Thailand does nothing except spend money and issue threats via press releases.

Is anteater talking about CAPO in Thailand? I think that CAPO in Thailand does nothing except spend money and issue threats via press releases.

True enough .. what was it 500 + million baht on bullet proof helmets .. Jesus, how many did they buy and from whom.. on eBay they are $629 each (21,000b)

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Civil servants can side with whoever. At the ballot box.......

They are also free to express their political views in their free time, providing it doesn't interfere with them carrying out their duties at work. Or do you think Iit is right and just that civil servants should only get to express their political views once every 4 years?

By the same token - if civil servants also actively express their support of PTP should they too be sanctioned by CAPO in your view?? Or is it one rule for them and one for us?

"Don't bite the hand that feeds you" as the ol' saying goes.

I agree with amerasian, if you don't like it; either quit your job or vote the bosses out.