Thai army imposes night-time curfew across country

Lite Beer

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Army are real pouplar with my young lady...........why on earth would they not allow TV stations to air soaps?

Thousands if not millions now stay at home looking at 4 walls............

................Baby Boom in 9 months!

• Like 2

That would be so good, Have extra beds for those who loose track of time

I mean how does that even work now?

if you don't leave the bar by 10 then you will be forced to stay in said bar until 5....the hardship of it all.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And what about late international flights?

Taxis to and from the airport will be fine.

Yes, sure, you think the curfew doesn't apply to taxis?

Hello

Does this apply in Samui? How to know?

I cannot remember if there was a curfew last time, in 2006, but at that time business as normal all over Samui... smile.png

No there wasn't. I was there when the news broke.

I might have spoken out of turn there. What I should have said, is if there was I didn't hear of it.

jb1

Edited by jimbeam1
  • Like 1

Hi everyone. I have been viewing Thai Visa for a few years now but am new to posting comments, so hello to everyone smile.png

My name is Jay and have been living in Thailand for 3 years now.

I am quite ignorant to how this works, in terms of the army taking control. Who controls the army? I always believed that a governent decides what the army can do, so how can the army seize power of government? Who gives them permission?

Cheers

Jay, that's why it's called a military coup, the military has taken over the government. They will either install a puppet government of organize an election but it will take a while.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And what about late international flights?

Taxis to and from the airport will be fine.

Yes, sure, you think the curfew doesn't apply to taxis?

The army have said that taxi's are allowed bring tourists to the airport.

The internet will be shut down here at 9pm.

The reason for all this has got to be that someone has died. Need I say more

My Embassy told me not to come to bangkok and it was NOT because of the army.

I held a combat rifle for 22 years. During that time I never liked liked civilians much.

Yeah, we all hated those "long haired, pot-smoking, tree-hugging hippy civvies" as well (until we retired, let our hair grow and realized trees weren't that bad after all) ! What really sucked was retiring to take a job as a civvy in Afghanistan and less than a week after turning in my uniform having some wet-behind-the-ears punk with less than a year in give me grief because I was a civvy !

All going well, a month from now most (non-Thai) people won't even remember there was a coup, especially if the curfew is lifted soon (or not applied to the "tourist" areas). It'll be business as per normal within a very short time and a whole lot of panic over nothing (fingers crossed), just like last time.

• Like 1

I have plans for 8pm tonight for some dinner with friends, do we really all have to be home before 10?

If you have a previously arranged dinner engagement the military will allow you to go ahead with it of course. It's a bloody curfew, who do you think will be preparing your dinner and serving it?

• Like 2