Thai army orders all radio, TV to suspend programming

webfact

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got an email from the US Embassy suggesting I tune into the media for the latest updates. Now how would they expect I do that with everything shut down. What a bunch of morons.

Internet news still on. Also the Thai Military will broadcast news on local media.

a

Edited by slipperylobster

BBC NEWS had a red shirt from Oxford on giving his red opinion and no rebuttal offered.

Totally biased and very poor news.

You're assuming that there are any yellow shirts at Oxford ready to offer a rebuttal.

Interesting that in the last coup here, when the TV channels were blocked out,

they showed soothing footage of His Majesty so the populace would not be

afraid. This time they have not. I wonder why....

I don't follow the logic or thinking behind killing all the normal junk content on Thai TV...

News reports I can understand. But what's the point of blacking out lakorns, etc???

Opiate of the masses and all that. Better watching lakorns than out in the streets.

Try not to think too much, This is Thailand. When things start to make sense and appear logical....time to leave, or at least take some serious medication!

Thai tv & the dross cable channels are banned in my house! Also, I've got about 5tb of tv/films to catch up on, so should be ok for 6 months or so, even if the internet goes down!

• Like 1

In Bangkok, with TrueVisions cable all channels remain blocked except when ArmyTV (Ch. 5) broadcasts brief snippets of daily life, then every channel, 1 - 689, shows ArmyTV.

International bandwidth seems sluggish, perhaps because many are turning to that to stream content?

This morning, about a half dozen of the international channels on Happy HOme Cable in BKK have returned, including Universal, SyFy, Animax, Sony and some Chinese origin channels. All the Thai local and cable channels remain down, as are all the news channels, local or international.

No TV channels working, even pattaya people taken down, internet slowing down..

These guys are clearly not going to make the same mistake as in 2006 when they failed to take Taksin and his cronies down once and for all.

No TV channels working, even pattaya people taken down, internet slowing down..

These guys are clearly not going to make the same mistake as in 2006 when they failed to take Taksin and his cronies down once and for all.

here in BKK internet is fully perfect working working like always.